Fantasy Football is why Tua gets hate | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fantasy Football is why Tua gets hate

As much as he does. Until he starts putting up good fantasy stats, he'll be poorly-considered.

When people put on NFL Network and they run the 'Start'Em/Sit'em' crawl and Tua is Always in the 'Sit'em' group, fans wont like Tua.

Funny, but Drew Brees and Tom Brady would have been considered "Sit'em" QB's their first 4 full seasons in the league.

Then the NFL started changing rules to increase offensive production and scoring and the rest is history.....

No, that’s not why. It’s because he hasn’t lived up to his draft status yet. I do believe once the line gels he will live up to his draft status. But joe burrow just led a week 1 OT win and Herbert is the reigning offensive RoY. He is always going to be compared to those guys.

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a player where both sides, positive or negative, so badly want to be right about. I bet some Dolphins fans will be dissapointed if Tua ends up being the guy. The biggest lie on Finheaven is “I hope I’m wrong”. Hahahaha nobody really hopes they are wrong on here. Not about Tua!

As much as he does. Until he starts putting up good fantasy stats, he'll be poorly-considered.

When people put on NFL Network and they run the 'Start'Em/Sit'em' crawl and Tua is Always in the 'Sit'em' group, fans wont like Tua.
Are you talking about NFL fans or phins fans?

For myself, i am rooting for tua but he has been mediocre. It has zero to do with fantasy football… it has to do with having mediocore QB play the past countless years and it looking like it will continue with tua. Yes, it is still early. Watching herbert and burrow perform right away makes us compare and also unfairly judge. Still being taken that high in a draft to just be a “game manager” like some claim is hard to accept.

Time will tell…

No, that’s not why. It’s because he hasn’t lived up to his draft status yet. I do believe once the line gels he will live up to his draft status. But joe burrow just led a week 1 OT win and Herbert is the reigning offensive RoY. He is always going to be compared to those guys.
Ok, so that game in AZ last year, his second NFL start, was meaningless?
His win vs NE last year was meaningless?
It's a team game and a QB cant go light up the scoreboard without help. You saw who our WRs were last year.
Herbert played his whole season 8n 'Garbage Time' and his interceptions contributed to many of those games being in 'garbage time'.
45-0 loss to a Patriots team we beat shortly thereafter.

Tua's special skills definitely put him on a path to be elite. His quick release mitigates not having an elite cannon. His feel in the pocket and awareness of the rush is improving and will become elite. He gets the 'basketball point guard' shifty thing as a runner. He xan definitely elude folks on the move. He has moves.
The way he hides the ball and creates confusion when either handing off or keeping it is really cool.

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a player where both sides, positive or negative, so badly want to be right about. I bet some Dolphins fans will be dissapointed if Tua ends up being the guy. The biggest lie on Finheaven is “I hope I’m wrong”. Hahahaha nobody really hopes they are wrong on here. Not about Tua!
65568451.jpg

I'm sorry, but it's absolute garbage that "nobody hopes they are wrong about Tua". At the end of the day Dolphin fans want every player on the team to be great. And the people who agree with you that true fans are somehow are rooting against Tua are blind, hypersensitive Tua lovers who thrive on straw man arguments and sarcasm.

A LOT of people on this forum, including myself, currently think Tua is a C+/B- type of QB FOR NOW, i assure you we all "hope we are wrong" and he turns out to be an A+++++ because we would do anything to see the Dolphins in a Super Bowl again in our lifetime.

I'm sorry, but it's absolute garbage that "nobody hopes they are wrong about Tua". At the end of the day Dolphin fans want every player on the team to be great. And the people who agree with you that true fans are somehow are rooting against Tua are blind, hypersensitive Tua lovers who thrive on straw man arguments and sarcasm.

A LOT of people on this forum, including myself, currently think Tua is a C+/B- type of QB FOR NOW, i assure you we all "hope we are wrong" and he turns out to be an A+++++ because we would do anything to see the Dolphins in a Super Bowl again in our lifetime.
I dunno man, for some folks being right about what they post on a silly fan message forum is reeeeaaaallll important. Maybe you’re an exception. Maybe we’ll find out. Time will tell.

You’re right, but it’s also not exactly meaningless.

At the end of the day, what player has ever been considered great without great individual stats?
This is true. For 7 years Tannehill wasn’t getting on anyone’s “start em” list. Not until he changed uniforms 8 years later.

Funny, but Drew Brees and Tom Brady would have been considered "Sit'em" QB's their first 4 full seasons in the league.

Then the NFL started changing rules to increase offensive production and scoring and the rest is history.....
Brady never tossed more than 25 TDs until 2007 when he doubled it. I guess he got twice as good in one offseason lol.

I'll start off by saying I'm not completely sold on Tua. But until football games are won by fantasy points, I'm good with Herbert getting all the fantasy points and Tua getting the W's
The only thing I can say to this is that fantasy points are typically a measure of production. Better production typically leads to more points, and more points typically lead to more wins when you look at a large enough sample size. These were the top 10 fantasy QB leaders last year:
Fantasy Football Leaders Weeks 1 to 17 - QB | FantasyPros
RANKPLAYERTEAMPOINTSGAMESAVG
1Josh AllenBUF405.061625.32
2Kyler MurrayARI390.741624.42
3Aaron RodgersGB387.261624.20
4Patrick Mahomes IIKC380.401525.36
5Deshaun WatsonHOU376.321623.52
6Russell WilsonSEA372.781623.30
7Ryan TannehillTEN350.361621.90
8Tom BradyTB349.921621.87
9Justin HerbertLAC342.841522.86
10Lamar JacksonBAL341.781522.79
7 out of the top 10 fantasy QBs made the playoffs, and 2 out of the other 3 teams had QB changes during the season that split the fantasy stats up (Chicago and New Orleans). The only QB that made the playoffs while not in the fantasy top 10 and starting the whole year was Baker Mayfield.

Only Watson, Murray, and Herbert didn't make the playoffs.

All 4 teams that made the Championship game had QBs in the fantasy top 10, and 3 out of the top 4 fantasy QBs made the Championship game, with Tom Brady being the exception at #8.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom