Favorite food while watching da phins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite food while watching da phins

Phins game food

• Wings pizza and beer

Votes: 84 40.2%
  • wings

Votes: 30 14.4%
  • pizza

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Beer only

Votes: 33 15.8%
  • whatever is in the fridge or whatever my spouse is making

Votes: 26 12.4%

• Total voters
Yes...Food is my favorite when watching the Fins...but since I don't live locally any longer, I usually watch them from the Sunday Ticket...so whatever the wife is cooking is fine...as long as she doesn't interrupt...

Silly thread, slow times for PhinFans but gotta throw in my vote:
Wings, Pizza, some garganzola cheese and chips. Best bet:
16 oz Velveeta Cheese, light (gotta watch the waistline), cut into 1" squares
pour in 1 can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes, hot,
Mix, put in microwave till melted, stir well, enjoyed best with ridged potato chips
Called Rotel Dip, mmm-good!

In Saban We Trust!

chuckcole said:
:lol:

At halftime, I'll fix myself a sandwich using whatever I have in the house (the wife and kids leave the house before the game, so nobody else is gonna fix me anything). But, halftime seems to be extremely short when you're trying to fix something to eat and have it ready before the 3rd quarter starts.

I Have TIVO so i hide in a room with no TV and Internet for 30 min. after kick-off...Then i start watching the game fast forwarding through all the fill...Pause when i eat or need a Bathroom break. I ussually drink 4-5 beers and eat as much food as possible. Then the next day i Burn a copy of the Game to DVD and re-watch it see all the small things.... I just enjoy the game too much to get all commentator like while it's on... Just give me some beers and let me enjoy it! Then the next day i'll do the breakdown...

I highly recomend this!

Off course it can only be done for away games...BUT come Turkey day it's a must with family running all over the place!

When I get off work, I am heading to The Hurricane and ordering a dozen raw oysers, in honor of this thread

I love to eat our own version of Nachos.

It's a simple recipe - but it's the best version I've had (I'm not a fan of the melted, soft runny cheese style).

Take some good quality tortilla chips and cover the bottom of a metal pan. Grate Colby Longhorn style cheese such that it pretty much covers the chips. Then, slice a slew of jalepenos. Cut them into relatively small pieces (taking a rounded slice - quarter it) and spread them all over the cheese. Then, put them into the oven on broil about 5-7 minutes max (at 400/425). The cheese melts but it sticks to the chips and is not runny. The Japs give the nachos a real nice kick. I could eat an entire 10 x 20 inch pan of these.

And, one of the best parts is that my wife kindly fixes them for me.

I get the hottest and the best wings in the world from Coyotes cafe and take them home. I then am usually drunk by halftime because of the amount of beer it takes to eat them

hdjetta6316 said:
I Have TIVO so i hide in a room with no TV and Internet for 30 min. after kick-off...Then i start watching the game fast forwarding through all the fill...Pause when i eat or need a Bathroom break. I ussually drink 4-5 beers and eat as much food as possible. Then the next day i Burn a copy of the Game to DVD and re-watch it see all the small things.... I just enjoy the game too much to get all commentator like while it's on... Just give me some beers and let me enjoy it! Then the next day i'll do the breakdown...

I highly recomend this!

Off course it can only be done for away games...BUT come Turkey day it's a must with family running all over the place!

You are funny Jetta. What you need is one of these:
clear.gif

greatwade said:
You are funny Jetta. What you need is one of these:
http://www.landliving.com/image/theoculas_thumb.jpg

LMAO!!!! seriously!!!!

It got bad a few years ago when we played the Cowboys on turkeyday...No one would let me watch the game so i got in a drag out fight and ended up taking a turkey leg and eating it on the way to a bar during half-time... But now i can pause it and yell at them.

PassRush said:
When I get off work, I am heading to The Hurricane and ordering a dozen raw oysers, in honor of this thread

Sweet Lord I love raw oysters.

And you don't get them any better than where I live.

hdjetta6316 said:

I highly recomend this!

Sounds like I need TiVO!! Very nice routine. I'm not local, so it could be done for me for all games.

The Thanksgiving or Christmas day games are going to be a nightmare trying to coordinate watching the game and doing the familiy duties.

Usually I eat a little something before heading to the sportsbar, then when I get there I order a Bloody Mary....first games start at 11 am here......then I usually order some beers around halftime....too nervous to eat if my Phins are on. After the game I order a hamburger or some wings...if my Phins lose I usually lose my appetite until dinner time and just drink lotsa beer to kill the pain. :rolleyes2

In the first half I eat NACHOS...in the second half I smoke - too nervewracking. I only smoke cigarettes one day a week, 16 weeks a year....hopefully for more than 16 weeks this year.

Back
Top Bottom