Feeley set to 'Brees' into playoffs? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley set to 'Brees' into playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rafael said:
Your argument is based on the assumption that Brees and AJ are equivalent players and that since the complementing parts may be receiving similar upgrades the results will be similar. I disagree b/c I disagree with the base assumption. I don't see AJ as a guy who can make the play on his own. That's what Brees did last year when the other parts didn't work (player or coaching error).

While I dont agree that you can compare the future success of a qb based on the success of another qb in similar situations as they are diff players. I disagree with your assumption as well. The fact that you dont see AJ creating is where your thinking is finite. Since the comparison was brees in 03 to AJ in 04, neither "created" Brees did create in 04, but that was the initial showing of that ability. So based on the orginal assumption, ypu proved his point, or at least validated the possibility.

rafael said:
Your argument is based on the assumption that Brees and AJ are equivalent players and that since the complementing parts may be receiving similar upgrades the results will be similar. I disagree b/c I disagree with the base assumption. I don't see AJ as a guy who can make the play on his own. That's what Brees did last year when the other parts didn't work (player or coaching error).

No, they are not equivalent players. Feeley has a much stronger arm. Brees is more of a finesse passer. Brees didn't seem to be making many plays on his own prior to last season. In fact, some were calling him a bust.

rickeyrunsover said:
While I dont agree that you can compare the future success of a qb based on the success of another qb in similar situations as they are diff players. I disagree with your assumption as well. The fact that you dont see AJ creating is where your thinking is finite. Since the comparison was brees in 03 to AJ in 04, neither "created" Brees did create in 04, but that was the initial showing of that ability. So based on the orginal assumption, ypu proved his point, or at least validated the possibility.

:confused::confused::confused:

I just don't really see an argument there.

Are you saying that ANY QB who puts up numbers similar to Brees in 2003 will automatically make a jump the way Brees did? That doesn't make alot of sense.

When you try and show the things the Chargers did between 2003 and 2004 to help Brees; none of those things apply to Miami.

As you stated LT was already there in 2003 so that wasn't why Brees improved. Better line protection and improved play of the TE and new WR's certainly helped. Well Miami is bringing back the same TE and same WR's. So essentially your only valid comparable improvement is tat we got Hudson Houck.

I think it's quite a far stretch to basically say Feeley's numbers are similar to Brees 2003 and now we have Houck so now Feeley will make the same once a decade type single offseason improvement that Brees did between 2003 and 2004.

I DO think Feeley will improve this year due to better coaching for ALL positions as well as improved O-Line and Ronnie Brown along with better schemes. However, it really has nothing to do with Brees and there's no comparison between them related to why Brees made such a meteoric jump for 2004.

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
Brees didn't have Wannstedt calling in the run, run, pass every drive. Big difference. It's all about the system, my friend. Proof: Tom Brady. Is he the best QB in the NFL right now? Many "experts" say yes, I say no... I believe Peyton Manning is.

Before all the Pats fans start b1tching and moaning, I'll say this: Brady is a very good quarterback, but the amazing system he's in makes him look better.
im a die hard fins fan, and it's about time we give brady some due. he makes few mistakes and he hits the wr in stride, very balanced on all his throws, reads def coverage well and is montana cool in the pocket. yes he's in a great system but he makes the throws and the system does not give him the poise in the pocket or the accurate passing abilty. 3 sb's and 2 mvps this guy has been imo in the top 5 qb's since he's taken over in ne. i disagree he makes the system look better not the other way around. peace.

rickeyrunsover said:

I certainly didn't prove his point b/c I stated that Brees had demonstrated in the past (I mentioned college, but also at SD) that he could create on his own, unlike AJ. As for validating the possibility, I said it was possible (in fact I said I hoped) b/c I have not seen every AJ performance (prior to Miami) that AJ might have demonstrated the ability to create that I had not witnessed.

jlfin said:
No, they are not equivalent players. Feeley has a much stronger arm. Brees is more of a finesse passer. Brees didn't seem to be making many plays on his own prior to last season. In fact, some were calling him a bust.

I felt they were premature in their pronouncements and stated that I hoped Miami could acquire Brees when SD drafted Rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom