Final cuts thread | Page 58 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final cuts thread

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 8m8 minutes ago
The Dolphins are also only carrying two tight ends on the 53-man roster. That's a BAD LOOK, especially with Jordan Cameron's concussions.

This why I hate Omar...Do you think...for one second...that the team might...just might add a TE in the next few days. Or maybe they PS a guy considering that 3rd TE might not even be active on game day?

The roster today may not be the roster Monday, folks. But these are today's moves:
miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_de…

Now this is a more thoughtful comment....

You must go to the bathroom when special teams are on the field.

Really? One tackle in 4 games? Yeah...I must have missed his many highlights.

I just re-watched every special teams play of the preseason...in the first game he only even got into the screen near the play two times (no tackles...no blocks)...in the second game he was near the play three times (no tackles...no blocks)...in the third game we had a good play on punt coverage where he forced Hester to the ground inside the 10...in the fourth game I saw him near a play one time...

C - Barrett Jones was just released from Rans would be a good back up he was a stud at Alabama.
He was never really GREAT but he's a competitor and very smart. Wouldn't mind him as a back up but I know he needed to get stronger coming out of college. Don't know much stronger he got

Really? One tackle in 4 games? Yeah...I must have missed his many highlights.

I just re-watched every special teams play of the preseason...in the first game he only even got into the screen near the play two times (no tackles...no blocks)...in the second game he was near the play three times (no tackles...no blocks)...in the third game we had a good play on punt coverage where he forced Hester to the ground inside the 10...in the fourth game I saw him near a play one time...

He's made a career as a ST player. Your boy Tripp is hot buttered garbage on special teams. That's the reason Paysinger is on the roster. If Tripp had solid acumen on special teams he would still be here.

Rams released LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar.
Dunbar played 432 snaps including 10 starts for the Rams last season. He is a quality depth piece but could not find a home in St. Louis' stacked front seven. The 30-year-old should latch on somewhere else

I rather have jones over paysinger.

No ****! Paysinger had 1, count it 1, special teams tackle in the preseason. Jones was much more of a special teams "standout" than Paysinger was!

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

There were a lot of people on this site cursing Philbin and the coaching staff for not playing McCain last year based on two plays he made. Said Philbin didn't know what he was doing and Coyle wouldn't play rookies. I bet they feel pretty silly right now. McCain showed nothing in the preseason...nothing. Guess the coaching staff knew what they were doing after all.

No, we don't feel silly. We feel like Philbin and Co. have flat out "coached out" all the instincts from the kid...he is a product of the poor player development these guys do!

He's made a career as a ST player. Your boy Tripp is hot buttered garbage on special teams. That's the reason Paysinger is on the roster. If Tripp had solid acumen on special teams he would still be here.

Then say that! Don't tell me I must be missing plays in the bathroom when he hasn't made any!

Also, I really don't care much for Tripp anyway. I just think he was better than the other overrated LB fodder on this team.

There were a lot of people on this site cursing Philbin and the coaching staff for not playing McCain last year based on two plays he made. Said Philbin didn't know what he was doing and Coyle wouldn't play rookies. I bet they feel pretty silly right now. McCain showed nothing in the preseason...nothing. Guess the coaching staff knew what they were doing after all.

I completely agree with this, I think this coaching staff is better then most give credit for.

Then say that! Don't tell me I must be missing plays in the bathroom when he hasn't made any!

Also, I really don't care much for Tripp anyway. I just think he was better than the other overrated LB fodder on this team.

I did not think anyone would get this angry over releasing Jordy Tripp.

Only really cutting Johnson and keeping Davis and Moore to have issues with. I liked Stoneburner more than some and could see how Ced Thompson might be worth investing in. But no doubt Vigil and Hewitt had the best college tape to me and Brenner is not strong enough for the NFL.

Happy all in all. Looking forward to seeing who we pick up in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom