Final pieces to 2023 puzzle??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final pieces to 2023 puzzle???

I doubt they would move WIlliams back to guard. He was ranked among the best at his position. His only issue is the once or twice-a-game high snaps, other than that he has been stellar. I think we'll see fewer of the high snaps this year. Easier to plug in a new guard than a center, besides he makes the line calls which is often a forgotten responsibility and he seems to have adapted well to the transition...
Very good points

I really doubt the have any intention of moving Williams back. Not every Center, natural or not, is suited to execute the assignments of a wide zone scheme.
So, why is this wide zone scheme necessary at all? When McDaniel was hired, I kept hearing about his plan for an awesome running game with its fancy blocking schemes. After he saw that the vertical passing game was working, that became his main focus, and the running game was an afterthought. How many times have fans here complained how McDaniel would get away from the running game even when it was working, or how he would hardly use it at all when it would have helped?

And now, there are reports that McDaniel is the one who didn't want to go after Free Agent o-linemen to strengthen the line and they brought back the same RBs. This suggests that McDaniel doesn't give a damn about the line or the running game. I see another year of his one-dimensional offense of Tua, Waddle, and Hill... that is, until the line gets Tua hurt.

Conner Williams was the 5th-rated Center in the NFL last year. He achieved this despite first year in the position, first year in the scheme, and first year on the team. He still has room for growth.
Yep Connor is going to continue to prosper at LG and give Armstead the kinda solid support on his right side that he needs. Probably lesson Armsteadā€™s potential for injury too. šŸ˜Ž

Na, past his prime. He's a shadow of his former self. He'll want more than he's worth. We're fine at receiver, I think we have bigger fish to fry. I'd rather have Hill and Waddle running after the catch anyway... :shrug:
No way weā€™re bringing Hopkins hereā€¦ Next

Yep Connor is going to continue to prosper at LG and give Armstead the kinda solid support on his right side that he needs. Probably lesson Armsteadā€™s potential for injury too. šŸ˜Ž
Itā€˜s nice to have a player with interchangeable position value on the OL.

So, why is this wide zone scheme necessary at all? When McDaniel was hired, I kept hearing about his plan for an awesome running game with its fancy blocking schemes. After he saw that the vertical passing game was working, that became his main focus, and the running game was an afterthought. How many times have fans here complained how McDaniel would get away from the running game even when it was working, or how he would hardly use it at all when it would have helped?

And now, there are reports that McDaniel is the one who didn't want to go after Free Agent o-linemen to strengthen the line and they brought back the same RBs. This suggests that McDaniel doesn't give a damn about the line or the running game. I see another year of his one-dimensional offense of Tua, Waddle, and Hill... that is, until the line gets Tua hurt.
When Iā€™ve said this guys on this site started attacking me personally - as if anyone knows anything about me - but my gosh people go too farā€¦this is obvious - all this crap projected on a guy who had TOP talent in the league on his roster and scrounged a 9-8 recordā€¦I think this coach is a clown showā€¦.we have zero o line AGAINā€¦so sad!!!

At a minimum, imo....

Another sideline to sideline ilb that can drop into coverage.

A 3 down Rb that can bowl people over between the tackles.

A RT and a LG (or C) that can stay healthy.

The rest can be schemes around.

I doubt they would move WIlliams back to guard. He was ranked among the best at his position. His only issue is the once or twice-a-game high snaps, other than that he has been stellar. I think we'll see fewer of the high snaps this year. Easier to plug in a new guard than a center, besides he makes the line calls which is often a forgotten responsibility and he seems to have adapted well to the transition...
Word around the campfire has Conner Williams staying at center. He is a very bright guy and is doing an excellent job with the line calls. Everything should be sharper, faster and cleaner in year two of this offense. There are more pieces coming to the oline between the draft and the cuts. This new oline coach better bethe guy that can get some consistent game out of Eich and Jacko!!

There aren't too many players like Waddle and Hill, let alone being available. There aren't enough balls to go around to feed that many receivers. You'd just be taking the ball out of Waddle and Hill's hands which we don't want to do...

I think the GSOT would disagree... Bruce/Holt sure enjoyed having Faulk in the backfield, but also Az Hakeem to stretch the field

I think Berrios is going to really help our team. Berrios coming to Miami and being coach by Wes Welker is a perfect situation because there is similarity between the two in their physical make up and playing styles. The return game gets an immediate shot in the arm and as a receiver in the slot Berrios will make a lot of Dolphin fans happy. Welker will have Berrios running perfect routes against one on one coverage mostly. They can't double cover everyone!!
Yeah he is another YAC freak. He a top 5 returner.
Hill, waddle, Mostert and Berrios crazy speed.

Reactions: BSQ
At a minimum, imo....

Another sideline to sideline ilb that can drop into coverage.

A 3 down Rb that can bowl people over between the tackles.

A RT and a LG (or C) that can stay healthy.

The rest can be schemes around.
I think we need to draft that linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom