Final Score: Rams v Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Score: Rams v Dolphins

This is a hard game to predict.

1) Miami is starting a rookie qb, a hyped one, but a rookie nonetheless. Generally rookie qbs have trouble leading drives to points, they have all the pretty passes and box score numbers, but generally struggle to consistently score.

2) Rams are a road team traveling across country after a win, which means a lousy start where Miami could take advantage of.

If Miami puts points up at an elite pace with a rookie qb we have something instantly special no need to disect every pass to see positives.

This is a hard game to predict.

1) Miami is starting a rookie qb, a hyped one, but a rookie nonetheless. Generally rookie qbs have trouble leading drives to points, they have all the pretty passes and box score numbers, but generally struggle to consistently score.

2) Rams are a road team traveling across country after a win, which means a lousy start where Miami could take advantage of.

If Miami puts points up at an elite pace with a rookie qb we have something instantly special no need to disect every pass to see positives.

Agree. I expect a lot of games from the Rams D to test the OL rookies and rookie QB. How they hold up will decide the game.
If Miami can get the run going
AND
the D can control the edge,
Miami can win this

I like the way our D matches up against the Rams offense. Of course with starting a rookie QB I have no clue what to expect from the offense. Short week for the Rams and well rested Dolphins at home to me means Gaskin has a big day. I’ll go:

Dolphins 27
Rams 7

if you think I’m a homer wait until next week’s prediction.

Impossible to know with Tua’s first start.
Will Miami Win?

ball_04.gif

So hard to tell on this one, more than predicting I feel l like I am just guessing because of the unknowns.
But I do know that I can't tell you when I have been more excited to watch a football game. Moreso than even the playoff games in 2008 and 2016, because I didn't feel confident we could win those.
I think we can win this one.
I don't think Tua makes many killer mistakes. I bet his ball placement is spot on. If he has time, he will do well moving the ball down the field.
I think the Rams, coming off a win and a short week, start slow. We have to get ahead and make them desperate, but I watched that Rams/Bills game, they can come back. Buffalo dodged a bullet on that one.
I am going to go full homer and guess:
Miami 22(1 TD, 5 FG's)
Rams 20
Rams score late and miss a 2 pt conversion, we eek it out.
Tua looks good, but there is adequate discussion for what he can improve.

26-17 Fins. Goff is over rated and they don’t run the ball well. Make Goff beat us. I’m predicting he turns it over twice and we beat LA at home.
Huh? Scratching my head. Did you make that statement for the sake of saying something. They’ve been running the ball quite well this year minus Gurley. I think Henderson for the lack of touches is top 12 RB. Over 4.5 per attempt

Attachments

• 47DB28E4-8946-4B3F-8A64-6CE9C68FD0E0.jpeg
    47DB28E4-8946-4B3F-8A64-6CE9C68FD0E0.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 0
Huh? Scratching my head. Did you make that statement for the sake of saying something. They’ve been running the ball quite well this year minus Gurley. I think Henderson for the lack of touches is top 12 RB. Over 4.5 per attempt
Goff can be spotty. If you take last year into consideration he looked to be iffy. He is rebounding very well this season so it seems Goff is going to be a very good QB. He reminds me of Troy Aikman, not flashy on his own but with the right cast he's great.

So hard to tell on this one, more than predicting I feel l like I am just guessing because of the unknowns.
But I do know that I can't tell you when I have been more excited to watch a football game. Moreso than even the playoff games in 2008 and 2016, because I didn't feel confident we could win those.
I think we can win this one.
I don't think Tua makes many killer mistakes. I bet his ball placement is spot on. If he has time, he will do well moving the ball down the field.
I think the Rams, coming off a win and a short week, start slow. We have to get ahead and make them desperate, but I watched that Rams/Bills game, they can come back. Buffalo dodged a bullet on that one.
I am going to go full homer and guess:
Miami 22(1 TD, 5 FG's)
Rams 20
Rams score late and miss a 2 pt conversion, we eek it out.
Tua looks good, but there is adequate discussion for what he can improve.

If Miami can keep TT from too much pressure in 1Q and let him get into a rhythm, it could be fun. BUT, I expect the Rams to focus on getting pressure

Miami 34
Rams 27
In an exciting game, I exoect the Phish to control the ball on the short passing game. You have to run at a guy like Donald, so I expect that. Bredia takes a short one a long way, Grant hits a HR ball deep.

I agree- I think Miami will do whatever possible to play to Tua's strengths and comfort level out of the gate.
Keep the ball moving, keep the Rams D on the field, hopefully it will be hot. I don't know what the forecast is.

Back
Top Bottom