Final Score: Rams v Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Score: Rams v Dolphins

RAMS: 27

FINZ: 17

UNTIL Flo and company get off the multi rb train to nowhere and bring in a rb who scares people it will be the achillies heal of this offense. Gaskin scares no one. Never will. He is serviceable. Most of the consistantly great offensive teams have or had that big time trifecta of qb, wr and rb. Dallas with aikman, irvin and smith. Colts with manning, harrison and james. Denver with elway, davis and mcaffery or smith. And can name 20 more over the years like frisco, esiason led cincy. Green bay with farve, levens and freeman. When you have a legit, "which will opponents try to stop" offense you can do so many different things, cant stack the box, qb and wr will torch coverage. Cant load up to stop the pass with a couple lb's and smaller db's because the rb will kill you. There are defenses that can and will lock down 1 dimentional offenses and Tua will see that through the year. If this team gets a bonafide, cant stop him even when the opposition knows he is getting the ball type rb, the trifecta with tua, parker and rb will be set and will put this team over the top on offense. Most if those teans also have a dynamic pass catching TE as icing on the cake which we have already with giseki. I doubt the grier led finz brass will ever do it though.

For whatever reason, I have a good feeling about this game. Miami is coming off a bye week, while the Rams played on Monday night. The Dolphins defense has been great the last two weeks and Tua gets his first start. I don't expect the Dolphins to come out conservative either, pass to set up the run.

I'm going with 24-20 Miami. Tua wins his first start in a close one.

Never know how a player will transition to the next level. I see so many saying they don't want turnovers, and I get it but turnovers really don't worry me with a young player in his first game. I would be much more worried about a player using nothing but checkdowns all game than a player trying to put a ball in a tight window trying to make a play and it gets picked. NFL players cover more ground and close much faster than anything Tua has seen. I have no problem with him trying to make a play and in an instant decision makes a throw where a player closes faster than he thought was possible. What I don't want is a player afraid to make a mistake. He is going to feel a lot of pressure to walk on water. I just want to see from Tua a guy that can make the line calls, understand a little of what the D is trying to do to him, and shows some heart. i want to see him get down, make a big mistake, and get mad about it, instead of becoming submissive. I want to see the tiger in his eyes, the drive, the passion, the fight. It takes a special person to win playoff games. All the talent in the world doesn't win in crunch time, it takes more, it takes heart. My biggest fear with Tua is that he is too nice. I hate Tom Brady but I can't help but admire his response to someone, ANYONE telling him he can't do something. THAT is what I want to see from Tua.
First game vs a very good defense, Rams 27, Fins 14. There will be much better days in the future.
Tua 13 of 28 (slightly under 50%) 160 yards, 1 pick and 1 late TD after the game is decided.
But he will have a 350+ game with 3 TDs no picks before December.

Lambs 13
Dolphins 38

PASSING
Tagovailoa 27 of 34 388 yards 5 passing TOUCHDOWNS No INTS

RUSHING
Gaskin 23 carries 102 yards (4.4 ypc) / 3 receptions 12 yards
Brieda 8 carries 24 yards (6.0 ypc) / 4 receptions 16 yards

RECEVING
Preston Williams 8 receptions 2 TD's (127 yards)
DeVante Parker 7 receptions 1 TD (104 yards)
Gesicki 5 receptions 1 TD (53 yards)
Shaheen 5 receptions 1 TD (38 yards)
Ford 2 receptions (66 yards)

DEFENSE
3 SACKS (Sieler 2) (Baker)
2 INTS (Jones and X)

The Dolphins control this game from beginning to end.

GO DOLPHINS KILL THE LAMBS!!!!

Lambs 13
Dolphins 38

PASSING
Tagovailoa 27 of 34 388 yards 5 passing TOUCHDOWNS No INTS

RUSHING
Gaskin 23 carries 102 yards (4.4 ypc) / 3 receptions 12 yards
Brieda 8 carries 24 yards (6.0 ypc) / 4 receptions 16 yards

RECEVING
Preston Williams 8 receptions 2 TD's (127 yards)
DeVante Parker 7 receptions 1 TD (104 yards)
Gesicki 5 receptions 1 TD (53 yards)
Shaheen 5 receptions 1 TD (38 yards)
Ford 2 receptions (66 yards)

DEFENSE
3 SACKS (Sieler 2) (Baker)
2 INTS (Jones and X)

The Dolphins control this game from beginning to end.

GO DOLPHINS KILL THE LAMBS!!!!
That's 3 a carry

Rams 27 Phins 23 :shrug:
I think the Rams dline will create pressure and possible turnovers which end up being the difference, hope I am wrong

Miami 19-17 in a Defence dominated game, Colonel (money) sanders with 4 fgs including a 50+ to win it late in the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom