FinHeaven and the media | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven and the media

i dont post a lot but i lurk every day to see what is going on woth dolphins. I havent met any of you but i feel like weve all been friends forever...even the crazies like WV.

Great thread!! Thanks to everyone who makes this site go.

P.S. I almost forgot...**** YOU OMAR!!!

Here's the thing:

People like Omar...and Armando...and many others...are part of a culture that either has to adapt, or die. Some of them get it. Some don't. Those who get it will survive the transition that has already started, and those who do not...won't. The guard is changing, and those who used to be the "gatekeepers of information" are simply not the end all and be all of breaking news any more. They're just not.

The transition that is taking place is this:

WE are part of the media.

Someone seeing Crabtree on a plane. Someone taking a photo on a camera phone. Someone writing an opinion piece on this site.

We are as much of a part of the information process as Omar. And if he doesn't like it...well, he can either come on here and discuss it...or he can whine about it on Twitter.

But we're not going anywhere.

Here's the thing:

People like Omar...and Armando...and many others...are part of a culture that either has to adapt, or die. Some of them get it. Some don't. Those who get it will survive the transition that has already started, and those who do not...won't. The guard is changing, and those who used to be the "gatekeepers of information" are simply not the end all and be all of breaking news any more. They're just not.

The transition that is taking place is this:

WE are part of the media.

Someone seeing Crabtree on a plane. Someone taking a photo on a camera phone. Someone writing an opinion piece on this site.

We are as much of a part of the information process as Omar. And if he doesn't like it...well, he can either come on here and discuss it...or he can whine about it on Twitter.

But we're not going anywhere.

1) No we are not.

2) No one here saw Crabtree on a plane.

Epic ****ing post right there, man. Perfect...

I'm a fin fan because that's what I do and it's who I am. I will love the Dolphins until I breathe my last breath, not because I get a paycheck but because that's what I WANT to do. I may disagree with some of you from time to time but if we were together at a game and someone from an opposing team gave you ****, I'd have your back faster than you could imagine. My brothers!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I've been to a lot of NFL fans sites and Finheaven beats them all. Really. Go look!

That was powerful! You've done amazing building this site. You should be very proud. If lines are being drawn between Finheaven with its endless sea of sexy sig pics against Omar and his drooling mutant followers then I am so ****ing proud to be on Finheaven's side.

1) No we are not.

2) No one here saw Crabtree on a plane.

1) We absolutely, positively are. Have you ever Tweeted, posted on Facebook, or...wait for it...posted on a message board? You are transmitting information across a medium.

2) Okay.

He says he doesn't frequent boards but seems to know what is said on them.........strange.

I could honestly careless, I know what site breaks news almost as fast as ESPN and major sports outlets. The people on here have funnel more news than any one man ever will have via his "sources". Not to mention it is fun to post and interact with decent people, maybe if Omar was more like some of the poster here on Finheaven he'd gain a little more respect for his reporting.

Back
Top Bottom