FinLoco's Offseason News Thread - Positive People Only | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinLoco's Offseason News Thread - Positive People Only

Three very solid points Tim, definitely looking forward to the evolution of Coach McD, should be enough for a game or two improvement right there (at least).
Acquiring a PROVEN return man rewards the defense for a job well done. Instead of getting no field position help due to Ced Wilson fair catches, Berrios will ignore his personal safety and go for positive yards.

Likewise. Mom post? I shudder to think where THAT went. I positively believe drafting a RB is in order.
Whatever happened it was dealt with in the blink of an eye. Right there with ya on the RB selection, just look to last year with K. Walker, B. Hall, T. Allgeier, I. Pacheco, D. Pierce all making huge contibutions as rookies. It can be done, and they don't always have to be premium picks.

More excited for 2023 than any year in recent memory as for truly believing we can compete to win it all. No negativity here so I am not considering potential future injuries at all. Let's count some positives:

1) Despite loss to Bills finished year strong and on a high note with valiant team effort while undermanned. Together w/ making the playoffs and once leading the conference at 8-3 the team showed growth and commitment to winning under new coach MM.

2) MM in year 2 should improve with game management and play calling given some experience and potentially some affect from having Fangio on staff.

3) Core offensive roster kept in tact with only loss Geisicki a scheme misfit, and Sherfield who is replaceable.

4) RB room returns and may be bolstered further in draft while WR room adds Berrios and last year's 4th round pick Easy E who should be able to contribute in 2023 after picking up the system last year.

5) Blocking TE help has been added in FA.

6) Tua, Hill and Waddle form one of the league's most potent and feared primary passing attacks. This core alone should be good for a top 10 offense. Waddle going into just year 3, imagine year 2 Waddle with better hands.

7) O-line has a number of bodies and a lot of reserves got good experience last year. Armstead, Williams and Hunt form a very solid top 3 while we look for improvement at RT and LG.

8) Austin Jackson plays RT and did not play almost the entirety of last year so that's essentially a new player added to the line, a former top pick now in his 4th year and still ridiculously young at 23.

9) The worst starter from last year, Eich, is still just going into his 3rd year. Some times it takes time, he certainly could improve.

10) Line likely to be further bolstered with a draft pick.

11) In year 2 of MM's system w/ better blocking and running game the offense has top 5 potential and only top 10 seems to be a safe floor.

12) The addition of Berrios is a huge addition to our special teams, I hated playing that guy and am looking forward to watching him piss off other teams now.

13) Liked our punter but adding the former NE punter is exciting too, former pro bowl type you just know he will have some big games against them. Hopefully team brings in kicker competition for Sanders but 2023 should see much improved ST play on returns and defending returns with a healthy roster. If Sanders does return at least he finished strong.

14) Fangio!

15) Ramsey!

16) F'ing Fangio coaching Ramsey, Howard, Holland, Wilkins, Phillips, Chubb, Sieler, Long, Baker - stop, just give me that top 10 defense right now, that's our floor and again with top 5 potential. Ogbah may be able to give us more too. How painful was last year's defense, we would make a play or two, big sack, tackle for loss, and then give up the easy 15 yard pass for a 1st down. We have the talent now and the coaching and that points against number is coming way down.

17) Reserve players in secondary got a ton of experience last year which should serve the group well now around the starters. We got stronger at LB. There is no reason for this defense to underperform so consistently now.

18) On paper every unit is top 10 with potential to be at the top of that tier, that's a SB contender for sure. Moving to a top 10 defense will only provide our top 10 offense with more time of possession which ties into the better running game and just offensive productivity with # of snaps. The rising tide of the D and special teams to a lesser extent will just lift the offense further.

19) Would be great to have the Fin's season of a lifetime in 2023 with an exciting schedule which includes AFC West and NFC East. Every week is going to be a big time game pretty much (6 division games, Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Chargers, Titans, Ravens), that's 13 right there, damn, would love to open up that can on these guys.

20) We'll have paid most of the bill for the tampering and have most of our picks back in 2024 so we can adequately fill the few holes we'll have then for our title defense. :)

Agree.. though much of his usage has been similar to Ingold. Vids show a lot of motion in the backfield.

I was watching a replay of the Seattle/denver Mnf game that opened the '22 season. Saubert was used as you stated.

On a tangent, with the lack of a Shanahan style TE, Ingold IMO should have been used more in the passing game.

More excited for 2023 than any year in recent memory as for truly believing we can compete to win it all. No negativity here so I am not considering potential future injuries at all. Let's count some positives:

1) Despite loss to Bills finished year strong and on a high note with valiant team effort while undermanned. Together w/ making the playoffs and once leading the conference at 8-3 the team showed growth and commitment to winning under new coach MM.

2) MM in year 2 should improve with game management and play calling given some experience and potentially some affect from having Fangio on staff.

3) Core offensive roster kept in tact with only loss Geisicki a scheme misfit, and Sherfield who is replaceable.

4) RB room returns and may be bolstered further in draft while WR room adds Berrios and last year's 4th round pick Easy E who should be able to contribute in 2023 after picking up the system last year.

5) Blocking TE help has been added in FA.

6) Tua, Hill and Waddle form one of the league's most potent and feared primary passing attacks. This core alone should be good for a top 10 offense. Waddle going into just year 3, imagine year 2 Waddle with better hands.

7) O-line has a number of bodies and a lot of reserves got good experience last year. Armstead, Williams and Hunt form a very solid top 3 while we look for improvement at RT and LG.

8) Austin Jackson plays RT and did not play almost the entirety of last year so that's essentially a new player added to the line, a former top pick now in his 4th year and still ridiculously young at 23.

9) The worst starter from last year, Eich, is still just going into his 3rd year. Some times it takes time, he certainly could improve.

10) Line likely to be further bolstered with a draft pick.

11) In year 2 of MM's system w/ better blocking and running game the offense has top 5 potential and only top 10 seems to be a safe floor.

12) The addition of Berrios is a huge addition to our special teams, I hated playing that guy and am looking forward to watching him piss off other teams now.

13) Liked our punter but adding the former NE punter is exciting too, former pro bowl type you just know he will have some big games against them. Hopefully team brings in kicker competition for Sanders but 2023 should see much improved ST play on returns and defending returns with a healthy roster. If Sanders does return at least he finished strong.

14) Fangio!

15) Ramsey!

16) F'ing Fangio coaching Ramsey, Howard, Holland, Wilkins, Phillips, Chubb, Sieler, Long, Baker - stop, just give me that top 10 defense right now, that's our floor and again with top 5 potential. Ogbah may be able to give us more too. How painful was last year's defense, we would make a play or two, big sack, tackle for loss, and then give up the easy 15 yard pass for a 1st down. We have the talent now and the coaching and that points against number is coming way down.

17) Reserve players in secondary got a ton of experience last year which should serve the group well now around the starters. We got stronger at LB. There is no reason for this defense to underperform so consistently now.

18) On paper every unit is top 10 with potential to be at the top of that tier, that's a SB contender for sure. Moving to a top 10 defense will only provide our top 10 offense with more time of possession which ties into the better running game and just offensive productivity with # of snaps. The rising tide of the D and special teams to a lesser extent will just lift the offense further.

19) Would be great to have the Fin's season of a lifetime in 2023 with an exciting schedule which includes AFC West and NFC East. Every week is going to be a big time game pretty much (6 division games, Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Chargers, Titans, Ravens), that's 13 right there, damn, would love to open up that can on these guys.

20) We'll have paid most of the bill for the tampering and have most of our picks back in 2024 so we can adequately fill the few holes we'll have then for our title defense. :)

Is that all you've got? - rLOL

I wouldn't be surprised if Feeney ends up beating out Eich an Jones and upgrading LG.

I disagree that RT is the most important position to fix. In the games AJ played last season(limited due to injury) and in the preseason, he wasn't the reason Tua got hit. The pressure that affected Tua most often came from Armstead's replacement at LT, one of the RT replacements or from the interior. Hunt, which nobody seems to criticize, was the weak link in pass pro more often (percentage-wise) than AJ. And AJ was a plus in the run game. I saw more issues in the run game with the TE missing his block on the edge. I want to add a swing T, but IMO the AJ hate is way out of proportion to the film. I assume it's b/c he was a high pick, but the reality of what he put on film is on par with many of the replacements people are pining for.

While I believe most returning players are likely to be better in the second year in the same system, what I want to see on the OL is health and a reduction in pre-snap penalties.
But your basing this off him only playing 84 snaps last year. That's such a tiny sample size. I agree he looked okay for those 84 snaps but when you take into account the injury history coupled with his past poor performances its just a huge risk.

I just want to feel confident in the oline. Right now I'm nervous, as you said the backup LT was a problem and wo Shell on the team were one injury away from having a huge problem at Tackle.

The oline at least needs one more Tackle who can play. I'd love to get Shell back, that would make me less nervous.

Hi everybody! Its Monday! Yeehaw. Hey, I got a good idea Fin-Loco...once you guys have exhausted the platitudes...and you may soon will, haha, then just edit the title and throw this thread to the wolves! It would be interesting to see what happens with the evolution of this thread once the "conditions" were removed. haha - just an idea and I'm not being negative, just think the lifespan and "fascination" factor might increases geometrically!
You are missing the point.
The purpose of a commode is to sit on it or stand over it, that is its real value.
It's not something most people would stick their head in, as you are suggesting. - rLOL

But your basing this off him only playing 84 snaps last year. That's such a tiny sample size. I agree he looked okay for those 84 snaps but when you take into account the injury history coupled with his past poor performances its just a huge risk.

I just want to feel confident in the oline. Right now I'm nervous, as you said the backup LT was a problem and wo Shell on the team were one injury away from having a huge problem at Tackle.

The oline at least needs one more Tackle who can play. I'd love to get Shell back, that would make me less nervous.
As I said, I would like to add Fleming. Shell does not interest me. He played worse than AJ did. Adding him would not increase my confidence in the OL.

Back
Top Bottom