Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed

Guys you don't even know the GTD money yet or how it is structured. Everyone should relax, did you see how much other WR's are getting? It may only be for $6M a yr or so gtd. I have not seen this guy play but I've read some positive things, and at this point I am happy plugging holes. I will take a little drop off in slot receiver in exchange for OL and TE help (fingers crossed)

8 mil a year seems like alot
It always does when free agents are signed. I bet in two years this deal looks cheap. That's the way economics in the NFL seem to go- the rate of inflation from one year to the next is nuts.

That makes sense but in free agency it might be low. I don’t think this impacts caroo as much as many might think

Could still see caroo do some dirty work

I do think an add like this unless he’s rookie contract like dirt cheap means we are out of the wr market

Kc wr production is highly scheme driven. Lots of primary throws to the backs and predetermined throws with Alex smith. WRs not named Tyreek Hill more an afterthought

And of course Alex Smith with very solid placement for rac

Something miami hasn’t sniffed in 2 years

You sign this guy it sounds to me like grant gets more wr looks in 2018 but like kc we need the tight end difference maker or dvp to offset

Feels like a day 2 pick at tight end is a virtual lock
Wow 3/24. Doesn't make sense to me. My hands are up in air - disgusted with this franchise.
Let's get ready for mediocrity.
Half assed attempt to build a team. W

So many people saying not to over pay for this guy which I can understand....but yet so many wanted us to over pay for Landry....lol....no I'm not saying they're the same player but I'll say, don't over pay for either but people want to have it both ways

Ozzy rules!!
They overpaid. He's less expensive that Landry but he's not worth 8 mill. No way no how. The team is a joke.

Half what Landry will get and he will do a similar job without having to be force fed the ball. He'll also make more big plays down the field. I like this move.

Albert Wilson is a good player, I don't have a problem with Miami bringing him in to replace Landry at the slot. The problem is we all know that T baum and the front office will not get this done without the Dolphins being on the bad side of a bad contract. They don't know what a steal is because they just give money in contracts like they are playing monopoly. If Miami gets Wilson it will just be another overpay. Just like Suh, just like trading Landry, just like taking the Saints garbage LB, just like trading for Kiko and Toast Maxwell, etc.
Exactly. They signed a nice player but it's a bad signing at 3/24.

"
Albert Wilson was a dangerous, speedy receiver for the Chiefs in 2017 and has flashed that ability in previous years. As much as Alex Smith was improved this past season for the Chiefs, the bulk of the targets were going to his two biggest weapons, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. Wilson saw the ball come his way just 56 times over the year, even though he caught a greater percentage of them than Hill did, and he broke almost double the number of tackles after the catch (15 compared to eight from Hill).

The place that Hill’s presence really showed up was in limiting the opportunities Wilson had to make an impact deep down the field. Hill was targeted on deep passes (20-plus air yards) 24 times over the season, while Wilson had the next-highest figure (five) among Chiefs wide outs. If he lands with a team that gives him a chance to be a bigger factor in the offense – and his former offensive coordinator is now head coach of the Chicago Bears, who desperately need receiver help – he could break out into a much more significant threat."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-free-agents-who-could-use-a-change-of-scenery

I like the sigining, I have been reading a lot about him. Wish we paid a bit less, 6mil would have been better but hey its Free Agency and not my money...

I'm not hating on this signing yet but it sounds like damn near a fifth of our salary cap will be going towards Albert Wilson, Kiko Alonso, Andre branch and a defensive tackle that is no longer on the team

Right on

Back
Top Bottom