Fins interested in Gators kicker Eddy Pineiro | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins interested in Gators kicker Eddy Pineiro

Being a fan didn't help us keep Parkey who i did hope we would lock up for a few years. I'm kinda over going with these young inexperienced kickers. It seems like we've been doing it for a while now.
UNECESSARY.

Dude got paid a good contract to leave. Can’t blame him.

I don't.... I blame management. I mean why would you not want to keep a good reliable,young kicker that ALSO happens to be a fan a the franchise he's playing for. It just made too much sense i guess.

I don't.... I blame management. I mean why would you not want to keep a good reliable,young kicker that ALSO happens to be a fan a the franchise he's playing for. It just made too much sense i guess.
He got good money to leave. We couldn't pay that at the time.

Why do people continue to think the only factor in determining if a player reaches free agency is if the team wants the player or not? Parkey signed a one year deal last year and wanted to see what his value was on the free agent market. Unless you're saying offer him a great deal well over his projected market value to see if he'll agree than then he would have stayed, but it makes no sense for a 6-10 team to over pay a player to get him to stay, especially a kicker. I'm just saying people need to remember Parkey made the choice it wasn't a case of Miami not wanting him. More of a case of the team not being able to pay him what some other teams were willing to pay.

Last edited:
It's good to know that there are people here that would be happy giving a kicker the 3rd highest guaranteed contract in the NFL.

As long as they don't waste a draft pick on him. Rookie kickers are a totally random preposition. You have as good a chance with a UFA as with the top-ranked prospect

Kids got a powerful leg with accuracy. I won’t be mad if they spend a late round draft pick on the kid.

Back
Top Bottom