Fins interested in Gators kicker Eddy Pineiro | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins interested in Gators kicker Eddy Pineiro

I posted a thread earlier on here that the Fins might be targeting Pineiro before Barry Jackson did yesterday. Lol
For all of those who did not see the thread I posted, I will tell you that like Parkey, Eddy has grown up a Dolphin fan all of his life so this would be a dream come true for Eddy if they draft him!
To give you an idea about Eddy's leg power and accuracy, last summer 10 NFL Kickers came to the indoor facility at UF. Eddy was invited to compete against them. When the competition was over Eddy had beat them all in accuracy and distance.

And while Eddy finished 38/43 over two seasons, he was perfect on his last 12 kicks from last season and 17/18 this season which put Eddy at 29/30 over his last thirty attempts at UF which probably is a NCAA record of some kind!
He also is a perfect 5/5 for FG over 50 yards in his career.

To me this is all so ****ing unnecessary especially if we have to use a draft pick. A bird in the hand is most always worthy 2 in the bush!!

We had a Fin fan of a kicker who was money. I don't blame him at all for grabbing the Benjamin$. Whom I do blame are our front office version of Laurel and Hardy for taking him for granted and not tying him up for a few years with what looked like a generous offer at the time.

To me this is all so ****ing unnecessary especially if we have to use a draft pick. A bird in the hand is most always worthy 2 in the bush!!

We had a Fin fan of a kicker who was money. I don't blame him at all for grabbing the Benjamin$. Whom I do blame are our front office version of Laurel and Hardy for taking him for granted and not tying him up for a few years with what looked like a generous offer at the time.

How do you tie him up? You offer him a contract and he either says yes or no. You can't just say we want you so you're ours. If wants to test the market he's going to rest the market and there's nothing you can do about it short of slapping the franchise tag on him and that would have been silly.

I don’t see any problem spending a late round draft pick on a kicker. They’re sometimes the ones who are depended on to win a game. Punter is another story.

How do you tie him up? You offer him a contract and he either says yes or no. You can't just say we want you so you're ours. If wants to test the market he's going to rest the market and there's nothing you can do about it short of slapping the franchise tag on him and that would have been silly.

People really don’t understand how this works.

You can just say we gotta sign this guy. Parkey maybe grew up a Dolphin fan but I bet he wants that money too.

Good luck to him, he was money.

His four successful on sides kicks may have contributed greatly to the money he got, which was rather eye popping.

Of course we do, we love drafting players from that dumpster fire of a program. Wouldn't dare draft an fsu guy though for fear of actually getting a good player.

Arg. Just should have locked up Parkey.
Tdumb was just to dumb to do this. Guy was decent, kickers are cheap u find a decent free agent you sign em. You don't burn draft picks like this group is doing. There is absolutely very little vision with group unless its up their butts. Very unimpressive.

I'm not to sure about eddy... I'm a gator fan and I was not overly confident when he took the feild... however when we signed Caleb Sturgis I thought we locked up a solid kicker for years and you see how that turned out

Tdumb was just to dumb to do this. Guy was decent, kickers are cheap u find a decent free agent you sign em. You don't burn draft picks like this group is doing. There is absolutely very little vision with group unless its up their butts. Very unimpressive.
How did you lock someone up who wants to test FA? It takes two to lock up a player.

Wasn't Sturgis from the U of F?

Indeed. He's pretty good. Better than the nightmare that was Austin Hardin, so there's that.

How many colleges are there and how many openings are there for a kicker every year? The supply far exceeds the demand. I would not be in the business of drafting one unless it's the 6th or 7th and there is a massive need and I'm 100% sold on the guy.

Or better yet, remove kickers from the NFL altogether. Why are they even there? They add zero to football. Better off without them.

Back
Top Bottom