Fins interested in Gators kicker Eddy Pineiro | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins interested in Gators kicker Eddy Pineiro

So Eddy had his Pro Day yesterday. The Saints special teams coach directed the kicking session. He told Eddy that he was only interested in him kicking into the wind. So that is what happened and Eddy was dead on the whole time even all the way back from 55 yards into the wind. His kick offs landed in the parking lot by the way.
Bengals Head Coach Marvin Lewis said Eddy's kicking motion reminded him of a golf swing.
I hope the Fins are positioning themselves to get Eddy.

So Eddy had his Pro Day yesterday. The Saints special teams coach directed the kicking session. He told Eddy that he was only interested in him kicking into the wind. So that is what happened and Eddy was dead on the whole time even all the way back from 55 yards into the wind. His kick offs landed in the parking lot by the way.
Bengals Head Coach Marvin Lewis said Eddy's kicking motion reminded him of a golf swing.
I hope the Fins are positioning themselves to get Eddy.
Any idea if we had anyone there?

I am not sure but I know that the Fins know Eddy is a huge Dolphins fan!
Eddy has lived in Miami all of his life.
They were one of 25 teams who interviewed him at the Combine.
Hopefully, they will know what it might take draft pic wise to get him.
The Texans are interested in him and they have six 6 round picks.
The Seahawks like Eddy a lot as well.

Is that right? Besides taking Eddy, how many of these could amount to anything? The next Brady? WOW, that's a lot of pics in one particular round. They can load up on special teamers.

Of course we do, we love drafting players from that dumpster fire of a program. Wouldn't dare draft an fsu guy though for fear of actually getting a good player.
We could rely on a ref$u kicker to be WIDE something-or-other when it counts.

They are so good at kicking the ball outside the goalposts... it has become a great tradition in NCAA football.

Cody Parkey signed a 4 year $15 mil contract with $9 mil guaranteed. He's paid in the top 10 on average and only two kickers in the NFL have higher guarantees, Stephen Gostkowski ($10,100,000) and Justin Tucker ($10,800,000).

Cody Parkey signed a 4 year $15 mil contract with $9 mil guaranteed. He's paid in the top 10 on average and only two kickers in the NFL have higher guarantees, Stephen Gostkowski ($10,100,000) and Justin Tucker ($10,800,000).
Wonder if we attempted to sign Parkey last year before he hit free agency

We will wind up having to give Eddy lot of $$$ sometime down the road but he will be worth it.

Wonder if we attempted to sign Parkey last year before he hit free agency

We didn't, because he wasn't on our team then. We claimed him from waivers from the browns last year just before the season started

That's only 2% of a 170M salary cap a year. I don't see any issue with that knowing how impactful the kicking game is. Do other have issues with carving out 2% for a kicker?

The Texans don’t have six 6th-round picks....they have THREE:

Picks 177, 211 & 214.

Back
Top Bottom