Fins interested in Gators kicker Eddy Pineiro | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins interested in Gators kicker Eddy Pineiro

Tdumb was just to dumb to do this. Guy was decent, kickers are cheap u find a decent free agent you sign em. You don't burn draft picks like this group is doing. There is absolutely very little vision with group unless its up their butts. Very unimpressive.
Right. The idea of spending a pick on K is laughable. Save a few bucks, literally. Very frustrating.

Get a UDFA at K, there's certainly a lot out there year-after-year...I just wouldn't draft one. It's how we landed Dan Carpenter, and Olindo Mare, both standouts for us.

Stoyanovich was the last kicker we drafted that was pretty good...but given our limited amount of picks this year, it's not worth it to draft one.

Also, let's not sign some idiot like Blair Walsh, possibly the worst kicker in the league...how he keeps a job year after year is beyond me.

I'm not to sure about eddy... I'm a gator fan and I was not overly confident when he took the feild... however when we signed Caleb Sturgis I thought we locked up a solid kicker for years and you see how that turned out

BIGRED, you are not sure about Eddy? You were not overly confident when he took the field? Then you are the only Gator fan who wasn't confident when he took the field or you are not really a Gator fan. He only set a school record as the most accurate kicker in the history of the school!
BIGRED..... They chanted his name every time he walked on the field to kick a XP, FG, or Kickoff! Not overly confident? Not sure?
SMH!!!!!!

As long as we don't do a Buccaneers. After getting bounced around I don't know where did Aguayo end up?

How did you lock someone up who wants to test FA? It takes two to lock up a player.
You pay him same as we did with Damien Williams and a slew of college free agents over the years. Williams wanted to test free agency last year we did not let him he was upset to.

You pay him same as we did with Damien Williams and a slew of college free agents over the years. Williams wanted to test free agency last year we did not let him he was upset to.

Was WIlliams an unrestricted free agent last season? Parkey only signed a one year deal last season so he was going to be unrestricted this year. Last summer everyone here was upset they signed Parkey to compete with Franks.

Was WIlliams an unrestricted free agent last season? Parkey only signed a one year deal last season so he was going to be unrestricted this year. Last summer everyone here was upset they signed Parkey to compete with Franks.
We put a tender on Williams he got upset as he and a former phin Gillespie were in the running with the Pats for a spot. Williams did not sign his contract very late here to voice his displeasure. I really felt early in the season he was not showing up and looked disinterested then picked it up later.

We put a tender on Williams he got upset as he and a former phin Gillespie were in the running with the Pats for a spot. Williams did not sign his contract very late here to voice his displeasure. I really felt early in the season he was not showing up and looked disinterested then picked it up later.

So he would have been an restricted free agent last season. You can't put a tender on an unrestricted free agent, such as Parkey. The only options with Parkey was to offer him a deal that was high enough for him to notwant to see what other teams were going to offer or franchise tag him.

Last edited:
Pineiro looks very good. I'm interested to hear what round he is expected to get drafted. We can accommodate a late round pick if he is as good as he looks on the video.
I'd also be interested to watch all his misses. His kicking style looks a bit different in that the kicks appear to curve a lot more than most kickers. There is nothing wrong with this if it's accurate.
I was quite pissed when I heard that Parkey had signed with the Bears but maybe young Eddy has bigger upside.

So he would have been an restricted free agent last season. You can't put a tender on an unrestricted free agent, such as Parkey. The only options with Parkey was to offer him a deal that was high enough for him to notwant to see what other teams were going to offer or franchise tag him.
Well we didn't even do that and according to the news he liked being here and the phins were his team. Again kickers are cheap enough so when you find one link him to a long term contract and fill the hole. Its not like we are a jagganaut on offense and do well in the red zone. The moves we are making personal wise from a prodution stand point are just backwards. Rationalize it for money or aditude if you wish buts bottom line its about winning and that takes talent and players showing up. We added 2 roster spots at wide receiver to replace Laundry, we have a hole at DT quite a large one without Suh, Ajayi we still have not found a replacement, Parkey is another hole to fill, and the list really goes on. It appears if you have been a productive player for the phins showing up on game day your being shown the door. Replaced with cheaper older talent thats generally sub par.

When players like Justin Tucker and Adam Vinateri go undrafted, it tells you all you need to know about the evaluation process of kickers. If you feel you must draft one, at least do it no higher than the 6th round

Back
Top Bottom