Fins trade for Center Daniel Kilgore | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins trade for Center Daniel Kilgore

from PFT

Needless to say, Kilgore may be slightly disappointed by the news. His now-former quarterback, Jimmy Garoppolo, may be a little disappointed, too.

“There’s a special relationship between the center and quarterback,” Garoppolo said after the 2017 regular season ended. “We spend so much time together. Me and him got on the same page almost instantly when I first got here. He made my job a lot easier, helped me with the run game and all that. . . . We complement each other very well.”
The move comes a day before Kilgore was set to earn a $2.3 million roster bonus. (A league source confirms Miami will pay the bonus.) His $2.525 million base salary also is guaranteed.

The best news for Kilgore is that, instead of cutting a check to the State of California for 13.3 percent of the $2.3 million bonus ($305,900), he’ll owe the fine folks in Florida the grand total of zero dollars, zero cents.

Last edited:
Football has nothing to do with my reality and how I see the world. I define my views on the Dolphins by what they have done under this regime, which is a lot of mediocrity. That's the way I see our roster now and I don't see vast improvements to be hopeful for. Roster building and drafts have been our downfall, not sure why I should expect that to change in one week. I see nothing but a team devoid of talent not gaining ground in that department, actually going backwards. I do like the Sitton acquisition and the Quinn trade, so there's that. Also not sure why you bring up me being a mod and what that has to do with my opinions on the topic of Dolphins football.

Off topic

Chewbacca vs Caesar, who you got ?

I agree in regards to the Pouncey situation. They basically have to take two steps back to take a step forward in the right direction and to fix their mistakes. Hopefully, the right steps are being taken now but it's still something to be positive about. IMO of course.

Football has nothing to do with my reality and how I see the world. I define my views on the Dolphins by what they have done under this regime, which is a lot of mediocrity. That's the way I see our roster now and I don't see vast improvements to be hopeful for. Roster building and drafts have been our downfall, not sure why I should expect that to change in one week. I see nothing but a team devoid of talent not gaining ground in that department, actually going backwards. I do like the Sitton acquisition and the Quinn trade, so there's that. Also not sure why you bring up me being a mod and what that has to do with my opinions on the topic of Dolphins football.

Off topic

Chewbacca vs Caesar, who you got ?

And the following were completely on topic?

"Kind of like soft stool vs diarrhea?"

"A cold beer comforts me , dry humping Gase's leg doesn't."

Gotcha!

I don't know much about this guy but I like this move a lot. We basically got him for nothing. He's not too old, he's cheaper than pouncey and most likely healthier and a better leader like already mentioned.

Still want to see this team build the oline up through the middle rounds of the next couple drafts

And the following were completely on topic?

"Kind of like soft stool vs diarrhea?"

"A cold beer comforts me , dry humping Gase's leg doesn't."

Gotcha!
They were on topic. I apologize for not making my comparisons in a descriptive manner you approve of. Anyways that's enough off topic banter on how I perceive the world and reality.

Seriously. For the first time since I can remember we actually put thought into upgrading the offensive line in the off-season.

So curious to see, health being the key, how this group will do moving forward for the upcoming season because without the musical chair at OL this offense is better.

Also for those who are raving about Garroppolo despite his short but impressive start, if Kilgore made his job easier as he says, then that's another plus for our QB too. This is a great trade/upgrade I must admit despite the contempt I have for TBum.

Back
Top Bottom