Fins vs Bills Position Matchup | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins vs Bills Position Matchup

The Pittsburgh versus Buffalo game was televised here and I saw most of it.

It's hard for a quarterback under that much pressure to do well and Pittsburgh was definitely able to get in Allen's face.

From my view he missed some throws, the long one in the first half, some high etc. But he also didn't force throws, make bad reads etc. That's something he likely does year one and two.

If teams are able to pressure a quarterback like that, even the best will struggle. Not many teams can do what Pittsburgh did, though.
Agree I think the Bills made the right choice at the extension, and I was fully expecting natural regression, as it happens every year.

2020 69.2% 4544 yards 37 TDs to 10 Ints.

If 2021 ends 65% 4500 yards 37 Tds and 13 Ints that would show a regression, but even with those numbers in a 17 game span you will win alot of games and your QB is not the problem.

I do think there are about 4 teams in the NFL that can do what the Steelers Did. Steelers, Bucs, Cle (maybe they have the horses too) Ravens (though the INJ might have made this not a lock either)

I do think the key will be constant pressure on Josh. Under pressure I believe he forgets his mechanics and reverts back to that inaccurate guy he was when he came out

I get that Allen is a big Qb. But the way the Bills runs with him and puts him in constant danger seems reckless to me.

Allen's accuracy issues..YIKES!

I'm hoping for a delayed softmore slump for Allen. He had a great year last year, it would churlish to suggest otherwise. He progressed remarkably from his rookie season, but regression is also a pretty common factor for a lot of these young QBs. Wentz, Goff, Mariota etc. , hopefully this is the case here.

But my suspicions are that they have just had an off season basking in their own glory and started believing their own hype a little too much. That's a dangerous game to play because you have to continually work hard and take nothing for granted to stay on top. Catching them first game of the season was probably the best thing for Pitt, not sure we will be so lucky though as they'll want to bounce back badly.

However we don’t have the great individual pass rushers that the Steelers do and I mean watt and even Ingram. Maybe ogbah is on ingrams level at this stage in their careers though

Miami's depth in the secondary, is IMHO, being severely underestimated. With that being said, Miami hasn't shown the ability to stop Buffalo's WR group. But at least for this game, Miami has its full compliment of players available; with a much improved nickle and dime group. Hopefully they play better?

However we don’t have the great individual pass rushers that the Steelers do and I mean watt and even Ingram. Maybe ogbah is on ingrams level at this stage in their careers though
The Funny thing it wasnt even those too. The KEY to what the Steelers did was Heyward destroying whatever OG he lined up against. Buy doing that, Ingram and Watt Ran the Arch. So Josh has NO WAY to break the pocket and make a play that he did very often in 2020

I'm hoping for a delayed softmore slump for Allen. He had a great year last year, it would churlish to suggest otherwise. He progressed remarkably from his rookie season, but regression is also a pretty common factor for a lot of these young QBs. Wentz, Goff, Mariota etc. , hopefully this is the case here.

But my suspicions are that they have just had an off season basking in their own glory and started believing their own hype a little too much. That's a dangerous game to play because you have to continually work hard and take nothing for granted to stay on top. Catching them first game of the season was probably the best thing for Pitt, not sure we will be so lucky though as they'll want to bounce back badly.

Just got into the 2nd half of the game and his Accuracy improved. The Steelers schemed them perfect rly by double certain guys in the RZ/Critical downs and forcing Allen to go elsewhere. In those instances he has a tendency to try and scramble with his legs. Good luck with that it’s only a matter of time.

It’s going to be tough to beat them without giving Allen problems.

Last edited:
The Funny thing it wasnt even those too. The KEY to what the Steelers did was Heyward destroying whatever OG he lined up against. Buy doing that, Ingram and Watt Ran the Arch. So Josh has NO WAY to break the pocket and make a play that he did very often in 2020
So what you are saying is if Davis and Wilkins can wreck the guard. DEs contain the outside we can win

Just got into the 2nd half of the game and his Accuracy improved. The Steelers schemed them perfect rly by double certain guys in the RZ/Critical downs and forcing Allen to go elsewhere. In those instances he has a tendency to try and scramble with his legs. Good luck with that it’s only a matter of time.

It’s going to be tough to be them without giving Allen problems.
Please post here your reactions on the 4th and 1 attempt late. I want to see if it was like mine.

So what you are saying is if Davis and Wilkins can wreck the guard. DEs contain the outside we can win
I am saying if you can do that, Bills will have some problems JUST like they did against the Steelers. Feliciano was even worse then he normally was and now 20 pounds lighter for SOME reason.

Can the bills contain our speed at WR how’s the corners. I think waddle and fuller are the fastest duo you will see all season

Back
Top Bottom