First Day of PADS!!!!!!! Posts HERE!!!! | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Day of PADS!!!!!!! Posts HERE!!!!

I would not dispute that as fact, but would suggest that the sample size was very small. Look, I hope he leads the league in that stat again, but not drawing any conclusions of him being "elite" in that area just quite yet.

My purpose of pointing out that throwing deep, and having a strong arm are not the same thing was not a referendum on Tua, just a freality of the sport. Tua throws a nice deep ball. He does not, however, have what is considered a strong arm. More than enough arm to be a good QB though.
I find that deep throw completion percentage is one of the more variable stats from year to year, but there are certain traits that tend help deep throw accuracy. Tua's passes remind me very much of Russell Wilson's deep passes.

That pass looks very similar to that completion to Cedrick Wilson during indys. Russell Wilson has been one of the more consistent deep throw passers during his career. I think it's b/c of that trajectory. And with Tua, I wouldn't agree that it's a small sample size. Reality is that we saw him throw those same passes a lot in college. I'm not one who discounts every thing we saw in college. I don't care so much about college stats, but you can see talent and traits. IMO it's blatantly obvious that he throws those passes well.

I find that deep throw completion percentage is one of the more variable stats from year to year, but there are certain traits that tend help deep throw accuracy. Tua's passes remind me very much of Russell Wilson's deep passes.

That pass looks very similar to that completion to Cedrick Wilson during indys. Russell Wilson has been one of the more consistent deep throw passers during his career. I think it's b/c of that trajectory. And with Tua, I wouldn't agree that it's a small sample size. Reality is that we saw him throw those same passes a lot in college. I'm not one who discounts every thing we saw in college. I don't care so much about college stats, but you can see talent and traits. IMO it's blatantly obvious that he throws those passes well.

I don't recall ever suggesting he couldn't. In fact, I said he had nice "touch" when going over the top of defenders.

That may be true, but unless you are looking at the total number of UDFAs that really has no context. What is the percentage of UDFAs that make NFL rosters? That is the question.

For example, say we sign 30 UDFAs over a couple year period, but only one makes a roster. That percentage is quite low.
I don't agree that you have to limit it to an UDFA making the team that picked him up. I find that too simplistic. Making a team has a lot to do with fit and need. The fact that so much of the NFL is made up of UDFAs shows that it's not some big talent discrepancy that differentiates UDFAs from those taken in the 4th round or later. After the first 2 draft days, making the roster has to more do with finding the right fit and a situation that provides an opportunity.

Looking at Miami's draft, if you had given me the list of all the players acquired in the 4th or later a day before but switched the slots and told me that a few of those UDFAs were drafted and the ones we drafted were UDFAs, I would have believed you. And since I believe that this team did a particularly good job of acquiring players that fit the systems they want to run, I'm not going to discount a player of commensurate talent b/c of how he was acquired.

LMAOOOOO!!!
ray liotta GIF

Just Listened to a few dolphin you tubers…some were saying the dolphins staged that tua to tyreek throw…that the defense let it happen etc
the haters sill never change…just crazy…how can they be fans?
they are never happy.
Even if that turned out to be true, that was a perfect pass. Perfect, I say. Like 1972.

Lol that's just sad.

But even if true, Tua still has to throw it 65 yards hitting Hill in stride at full speed.

But, of course, it's not true. So I don't even know why I entertained it

That throw showcased the same arm strength Tua made on the championship winning throw to Devonta Smith that I always bring up whenever some buffoon questions it.

As I’ve said from day 1 — the lack of arm strength thing is and always was a myth.

Yes, the hip injury was a set back — as it would have been for Josh Allen and Justin Herbert too — but Tua has always had the natural talent and skill and the haters are gonna gonna be seeing more and more of it with each passing day.

Time for them to start scouting underground bunkers….

Back
Top Bottom