First Day of PADS!!!!!!! Posts HERE!!!! | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Day of PADS!!!!!!! Posts HERE!!!!

Here are some notable throws that were recorded in those QB Challenges over the years.

75 yards from Brett Favre 74 yards from Drew Bledsoe 72 yards from Jeff Blake and Jeff George 69 yards by Peyton Manning 62 yards by Tom Brady

Tua's ball went approximately 62 yards in the air today and if he really stepped into it, most likely a bit farther than that today.

You don't have to win the longest throw contest to qualify a statement that he had a cannon for an arm. He had a cannon for an arm and he did show that often when he played.
Cool strawman, bro. I didn't say he didn't have a cannon. I said that as strong as his arm was, he wasn't throwing 40 yard ropes.

Last edited:
Just stfu with Marino comparisons. Sorry but Shut The Flip Up doesn't come close. There is being excited and talking crud. Just enjoy Tua shutting down the critics in pre season. Mention Dan and you losing the fisticuffs, battle and war. Be aware if you dare to compare. 😒
That wasn't even the discussion my friend. It wasn't comparing Dan to anyone. It was all about whether any QB could throw 40 yards on a line. Simple physics makes that impossible, unless of course the QB is from Krypton.

That wasn't even the discussion my friend. It wasn't comparing Dan to anyone. It was all about whether any QB could throw 40 yards on a line. Simple physics makes that impossible, unless of course the QB is from Krypton.
bUt hAvE yOu eVen SeEn MaRiNo?!?!

Cool strawman, bro. I didn't say he didn't have a cannon. I said that as strong as his arm was, he wasn't throwing 40 yard ropes.
So, I'll share this anecdote, not to scientifically prove anything, rather just because I want to.
A former NE Patriots oline lives in the district where I teach. His kids both go to U of Wisconsin, full rides. Anyway, a fellow Dolphins' fan with whom I teach once asked this former Pat Guard, "hey, you played against Marino, what was it like seeing him throw?"
The olineman answered this: "You only knew Marino threw the ball because you heard it. It moved so fast, you couldn't even see it."
Take the story with a grain of salt, I got it second hand, but I've always loved that story.

What was it like running out to this crowd?
Different type of energy. Everyone is excited for this season. We are excited to get out there and show them.

Could anyone else on the team do a back flip?
Christian Wilkins could probably do it. After stretching.

Last edited:
Mike I thought they said Tua can't throw the deep ball?
You guys said that. I didn't say that. Looked good to me. I never said anything bad about him.

What do you think about fan response toward the team?
Everybody's fans are excited in July. But I told Chris Grier when I walked out here, I want them excited in January.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom