First Day of PADS!!!!!!! Posts HERE!!!! | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Day of PADS!!!!!!! Posts HERE!!!!

The fact that so much of the NFL is made up of UDFAs shows that it's not some big talent discrepancy that differentiates UDFAs from those taken in the 4th round or later
The fact the NFL is made up of so many UDFAs is simply a matter of, where else are they going to come from? Teams get 7 draft picks a season to field 55 player rosters... Simple math. It doesnt speak to talent disparity or anything at all... Unless to can make the argument that NFL starters are made up of a significant amount of UDFAs, then you might have a point using this % relating specifically to talent level... But I doubt you can make that argument and back it up.

Would have made things harder if Holland dropped back to help with Hill. But Hill still might have snagged it. That ball was perfect.
That's exactly the bind having Waddle and Hill together puts the defense in. If the safety took Hill away deep, Waddle was wide open on the deep in crosser.

Who also didn't have the strongest arm back then either. He was the best thrower ever because of his arm strength coupled with his release, but he wasn't throwing 40 yard ropes.
Disagree. Plenty of video still out there of Marino throwing line drive missiles downfield.

Who also didn't have the strongest arm back then either. He was the best thrower ever because of his arm strength coupled with his release, but he wasn't throwing 40 yard ropes.
Excuse me? There are plenty of highlight videos showing time and again that he threw FROZEN ropes to his receivers. The fact that he had the fastest release just was a bonus to his rocket arm. Marino could actually throw a football 40yards behind his back. I saw it in training camp back in the day..

Facts. You will never see that deep bomb again.
Hammer Time Netflix GIF by Blown Away

@Mach2
@fishfanmiami

Last edited:
Excuse me? There are plenty of highlight videos showing time and again that he threw FROZEN ropes to his receivers. The fact that he had the fastest release just was a bonus to his rocket arm. Marino could actually throw a football 40yards behind his back. I saw it in training camp back in the day..

Someone recorded one of those throws

And didn't win those "throw the ball the farthest" competitions that they had back in the day. It's not like there haven't been many comparable and stronger arms since. You're not speaking from an objectivity point of view since the point is implying that there hasn't been a better arm in the last 30 years.

Lol! Neither Marino or anyone can throw a 40 yard rope... 🤣

You'd have to get that thing out around about 75 MPH and it'd still go up 10 feet+ high...

And didn't win those "throw the ball the farthest" competitions that they had back in the day. It's not like there haven't been many comparable and stronger arms since. You're not speaking from an objectivity point of view since the point is implying that there hasn't been a better arm in the last 30 years.
You don't have to win the longest throw contest to qualify a statement that he had a cannon for an arm. He had a cannon for an arm and he did show that often when he played.

Just stfu with Marino comparisons. Sorry but Shut The Flip Up doesn't come close. There is being excited and talking crud. Just enjoy Tua shutting down the critics in pre season. Mention Dan and you losing the fisticuffs, battle and war. Be aware if you dare to compare. 😒

Back
Top Bottom