First Impressions Of Dolphins' Head Coach Candidates | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Impressions Of Dolphins' Head Coach Candidates

What is Grier’s vision ? He said think of his mentors Parcells, Bellichek, Carroll and Saban. We are going to get bigger & tougher.

Spent most of yesterday recovering from NYE while reading FH trying to get a handle on who I’d like to coach the Phins. I too had a feeling after Hard Knocks Joe wasn’t the guy. I knew for sure when he called TO and the end of the 4 qt when Wake sacked Rogers with the clock winding down and GB had no TO’s. NO JOE. Rogers resets ,throws the TD pass , we lose. I cannot believe Joe lasted 3.25 yrs.

I wanted an experienced coach not another 1st year guy. Ross picked Gase.
Ok he is the Coach of my team, let’s go. I am behind you. I hope he is the next young Shula, as Ross said he was looking for. The 1st year gave me some hope. Wow did the good will I had towards Gase leave quickly after year 2. I grew to hate the bubble screen as our primary offense weapon. Jarvis was fun to watch, him do what he does. This year was fun to go to the games. We did well at home but man on road we sucked royally. Tanner breaking down again was huge. Not having a backup better tan Oz was on Gase. After the Miami Miracle I thought we were going to pull it off. Not 3-0 but 2-1 or 1-2 maybe squeak in again to the playoffs. I am surprised the Ross let him go on Black Monday. It was his hand picked guy and the organization was preaching continuity. I thought Tannenbaum and Burke were gone for sure but Gase survived. Bravo Mr. Ross for cannng Gase.

I saw some of the videos you posted yesterday on another thread. Not all of them though. Had not seen Rizzi nor the NE guy. I like two candidates Munchak and Richard for next coach

If we go for experience, I want Munchak. The guy was a legend as a player. He had his shoot in Tennessee and his teams took on his personality. He just never got the QB. While his record was similar to Gase’s he brings instant credibility. I see him as a leader of men. No doubt he can assemble a good staff.
If we swing for the fences Richard is my guy. He seems like a young Shula to me. Comes from a family of Coach’s. The tape of him on the field during practice is amazing. He comes from the Pete Carol tree ....no doubt Grier knows of him from Carol. He likes big corners. We was a DB coach like Saban. He managed some alpha males for sure with LOB. Gase did not handle that well with our Diva’s Jay & Jarvis...

Which ever way we go I will support them. I love our Dolphins. I like the Owner. Let s get this once proud franchise back to the place it belongs amoung the prominent franchises in the league.

Richard could bring back the LOB in south beach! We already have some pieces.

Hopefully we can grab Kris Richard, dudes a beast and he's prime for a head coaching position. He's going to kill all his interviews, hopefully he's looking to build a program his way down here in Miami.
I think you are in denial, if you believe this will be done anybody's way, other than Grier's way.

Just accept it.

I have serious ??? about everyone on that list -- but I'm just a fan typing on a keyboard

and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night!

Me.

I'd still put Dan Campbell at the top of that list.

Just my gut instinct...

I think he's ready.

And he'd be allowed to lose next season with no prob to get his footing and then by Y3

hopefully he's totally ramped up!

That said -- I'm much more in favor of sub 50 than +side of 60.

Ideally low mid 40s with excellent league connections and totally contemporary football mind

yet old school in terms of discipline, leadership and accountability!

** Hugs **

Vic Fangio is interested in the Miami job, and Miami should be interested in him.

I don't give a **** about his age. Mike Zimmer, Bruce Arians, and Pete Carroll were old when they got their shot. I'm actually very surprised that Skape has complaints about two of those guys. Most people in the NFL just think of them as great hires that worked out beautifully.

In this business, if you get a QB, everything's going to look better, and if you don't, you're fighting an uphill battle. The difference between Mike Zimmer and Bruce Arians versus Pete Carroll is just that Pete Carroll struck on Russell Wilson while the other two were getting by on Carson Palmer, Case Keenum, Sam Bradford, and Kirk Cousins.

But Mike Zimmer has damn well done his job with that defense, and Bruce Arians worked magic with Carson Palmer on his side of the ball.

I've been saying this all along, I don't care about a George Paton, Joe Douglas, whoever all those other GM candidates are. And I don't care AS MUCH about which HC you choose, as I do that you find that QB, and to me that QB is Kyler Murray.

That said, if you get hold of Vic Fangio to make magic happen with that defense, and then you can get a Kyler Murray to weaponize the offense, you could have a hell of a combination.

Vic Fangio is interested in the Miami job, and Miami should be interested in him.

I don't give a **** about his age. Mike Zimmer, Bruce Arians, and Pete Carroll were old when they got their shot. I'm actually very surprised that Skape has complaints about two of those guys. Most people in the NFL just think of them as great hires that worked out beautifully.

In this business, if you get a QB, everything's going to look better, and if you don't, you're fighting an uphill battle. The difference between Mike Zimmer and Bruce Arians versus Pete Carroll is just that Pete Carroll struck on Russell Wilson while the other two were getting by on Carson Palmer, Case Keenum, Sam Bradford, and Kirk Cousins.

But Mike Zimmer has damn well done his job with that defense, and Bruce Arians worked magic with Carson Palmer on his side of the ball.

I've been saying this all along, I don't care about a George Paton, Joe Douglas, whoever all those other GM candidates are. And I don't care AS MUCH about which HC you choose, as I do that you find that QB, and to me that QB is Kyler Murray.

That said, if you get hold of Vic Fangio to make magic happen with that defense, and then you can get a Kyler Murray to weaponize the offense, you could have a hell of a combination.

Zimmer, to me, seems to be wearing out in Minnesota. Yes, a lot of that is the QB situation, but there were some serious breakdowns this year. He aparrently mismanaged the OC situation having to fire a first year OC mid season because his style didn’t really match what he wanted. That’s a team management issue right there.

Arians, I have a higher regard for simply based on his work with the Colts and early in Arizona. But due to his age and the stress of the gig, wore out and had to leave for health related issues I believe. Didn’t Zimmer also have some stress related health issues he had to work though?

It’s a high stress job. Being DC has its own stresses no doubt, but shifting to HC late in life is a whole different thing. He’s not ancient, but no doubt age is a factor to consider, and why it took so long for him to make the jump despite being a successful DC for several years.

I’ve always heard of him as a hot DC candidate, but I can’t recall much HC interest for Fangio in previous cycles, I could be wrong. If you were to provide a hypothesis for why Fangio never made the leap to HC earlier in his career based on his successful resume as DC, what would it be?

Last edited:
Is Fangio the same dude Gase torched in the 2nd half in My Yammie?

Back
Top Bottom