First Monthly Update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Monthly Update

AJ...your labor of love "finheaven" is experiencing growing pangs. It's the best of the best. All I want you to do is "whatever it takes" to keep FinHeaven going. It would be nice if the FO would give you some props and maybe a little contribution. Has anyone approached them? After all you are doing a heck of a lot of PR for the organization.

thats why i was thinking about adding 10 more spots over the next year..maybe 5 during season around oct.. then have another lottery for spots on draft day,,this will keep it a premium..just a thought ,let us know what you think aj...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by themole
AJ...your labor of love "finheaven" is experiencing growing pangs. It's the best of the best. All I want you to do is "whatever it takes" to keep FinHeaven going. It would be nice if the FO would give you some props and maybe a little contribution. Has anyone approached them? After all you are doing a heck of a lot of PR for the organization.

Interesting mole....

I'd love some recognition from the organization itself... and while it may not be a bad idea to try and contact someone there... my fear is that if they begin to endorse or support the site... they may then want to impose their own "standards" and/or make it more "official"...
It's nice having an "unofficial site", since you can pretty much do whatever you want without the organizatoin interfering....

Just my .02...

AJ & co.:

My thoughts are this. I like the cap on Premium Members. I think that it is good for a year and then reevaluate it. With that said, it is then the responsibility of this Premium Membership body to think of ways to increase revenue so that we can keep the membership capped at 30. If we don't have to turn to pushing membership to drive revenue than we can keep it at 30. I believe the only benefit of increasing members is the money. That dilutes the effectiveness. You will be challenged to get consensus on ideas and even participation. I think making good decisions as you grow is as important as generating income.

There are some brilliant minds here. We should work to find ways to generate money. We need to target an amount. Heck we could even post a graph/Thermometer like the United Way does. I know for instance some of us have Dolphin items we could potenetially donate to auction as you are doing with the Dr. Pepper bottle. We could also do a kickoff party and charge for people to show up and meet each other. Especially if an establishment would work with us on cost. Get the idea? I think we can raise the money needed and still maintain the Premium Membership at a en exclusive level. After a year if we grow and are successful, than we can evaluate what makes sense in terms of expanding the number of members.

That's my two cents worth.

sounds good fin,,i was just putting out my idea if we were going to add more members.would like to see it stay at 30 .gators910

Originally posted by WharfRat

Interesting mole....

I'd love some recognition from the organization itself... and while it may not be a bad idea to try and contact someone there... my fear is that if they begin to endorse or support the site... they may then want to impose their own "standards" and/or make it more "official"...
It's nice having an "unofficial site", since you can pretty much do whatever you want without the organizatoin interfering....

Just my .02...

You're right Wharf...We think out "TOS" are tough...they'ed start issueing fines and impose a dress code. :eek: :nono:

Originally posted by themole

You're right Wharf...We think out "TOS" are tough...they'ed start issueing fines and impose a dress code. :eek: :nono:

:jawdrop: Dress Code?!?!? Nnnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :eek:

:jawdrop: Dress Code?!?!? Nnnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :eek:

:lol: Don't get any bright ideas AJ. I'm sitting here in my skivvies as we speak.:eek:

I'm in the process of poking my eyeballs out after having read that...thanks mole...:(;)

Originally posted by inFINSible
I'm in the process of poking my eyeballs out after having read that...thanks mole...:(;)

:lol: don't blame ya infins...it ain't a pretty sight!!!

Yeah .... ummm ... so thanks for sharing with us mole .... :barf:

:lol: Fret not...Wharf...230lbs of chiseled steel and sex appeal...with a waist like a Wasp and a .... like a Hoss.:evil:

One other, more probable, problem of confronting the front office would be copyright infringements.

About two years ago the NFL had control of how fan sites used NFL Team logos. Many websites were ordered to stop by the NFL, although FinHeaven was lucky, I still prefer not to make a big splash with anyone. However, about one year ago the NFL gave those rights to the respective teams. Thus, the Dolphins front office has the right to ask a website to either take down all logos or shut down the website. In addition, some teams or so STRICT that they shut down sites that offer any commentary.

Point is, I would rather simply not talk to the Dolphins front office because I am not sure how strict they are. If we get their attention too much, to where they think we are becoming an "official" site, they can make up some BS telling us to shut the site down.

Anyways, regarding the other posts, all points are being taken. fin-atic's idea is probably one of the better ones; however, I'm not sure how much responsibility the Premium Members wish to carry in regards to bringing more revenue to the site.

In conclusion, it seems to me that everyone is for opening the premium membership every now and then to a limited number, like 5-10 members.

Any more opinions are welcomed.

Once again, thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Back
Top Bottom