First Monthly Update | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Monthly Update

Originally posted by fin-atic
I hear you Dolphin Fan. I have some very unique items I would donate for the cause.

I think we could try and raise the money and then revisit membership expansion if needed.

I love this site!!!

PS
I am all for the kick off countdown banner.

PSS
I am all for covering Moles lower end. In other words

no Mole-asses needed!!
:biggrin: :moon: oops!:lol:

Who would have thought premium membership would buy you such quality:D :jumper:

clear.gif

this is great we have the countdown going,,making my plans to head south for some of the games...

I kinda of like the idea to add up to 53 members, as that has a football feel to it. Keep the membership to $84, would raise $4452 a year, enough to cover the website any improvements that you and the premiums decide on. Also if some is left over we could all arrange to meet at a final home game and use the money for a party. Hell I would love to fly down from Minneapolis in Dec to Miami for a game and a party and see all the Miami girls again, ahhhhh:cheer: especially to do that with a bunch of people I have a common interest such as the greatest football team. BUt AJ, what are the tax consequence for taking this money in? Is Finheaven incorporated as a non profit, otherwise the IRS might think you have an extra $$$s coming in and tax you on it. Maybe we should check that out, cause we don't want our leader facing the :judge:

speaking of a meeting - I will be in So Fla the week of the Jets (12/28) game. If I can get (4) good seats, I will go...so please keep me in mind. :D :hal:

I am telling you there is the need for the very first Official Finheavan Tailgate Extravaganza!!

I would try and coordinate it if there is interest. It would definitely be a fundraiser.

What do you think??

Just to let everyone know, I copied the totals for the year wrong. Every so often I copy number backwards or whatever. Anyways, the site costs $2,647.50 a year. The previous amount was $2107.50.

I arrived at that payment by...

05/09/03 cPanel $22.00
06/09/03 cPanel $22.00
06/30/03 Hosting $585.00
07/09/03 cPanel $22.00
08/09/03 cPanel $22.00
08/13/03 Registration $13.50
09/09/03 cPanel $22.00
09/30/03 Hosting $585.00
09/30/03 vBulletin $30.00
10/09/03 cPanel $22.00
11/09/03 cPanel $22.00
12/09/03 cPanel $22.00
12/30/03 Hosting $585.00
01/09/04 cPanel $22.00
02/09/04 cPanel $22.00
03/09/04 cPanel $22.00
03/30/03 Hosting $585.00
04/09/04 cPanel $22.00
Total: $2,647.50

Sorry for the confusion, hope all is well :cool:

Thanks again for your help,
Andrew

By the way, the tailgate idea is awesome... something that we should plan now in advance.

What would be the first task that should be accomplished?

A definate location would be a great start.....that way we could incorporate it into ALL promotions of the event......

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
I kinda of like the idea to add up to 53 members, as that has a football feel to it. Keep the membership to $84, would raise $4452 a year, enough to cover the website any improvements that you and the premiums decide on. Also if some is left over we could all arrange to meet at a final home game and use the money for a party.

If the site were to earn that amount of money, we would have an extra $1804.50 per year after hosting, registration, and vBulletin.

$149 would be spent on PhotoPost, which, in my opinion, would raise membership and also increase activity within the current members.

That leaves for $1655.50. That money could be spent only on a NICE tailgating party, as well as some prizes.

Also, as for taxes and etc. I really don't know, FinHeaven has never made a profit. If that time comes, I will consult my sister (an acocuntant for KPMG) to see what the best method would be. I really don't know the tax laws, but I could possibly just make it "Untaxed Income" when I do my own filings.

Anyways, any more thoughts are appreciated... I think this should come to the official vote now...

Man you guys that live in FL are soooooooooooo lucky. I live in Virginia. It is such a loooooonnnnnnnngggggg drive to Flordia and I only went to Daytona. I took a picture of the sign though. lol It was like 394 more miles to Miami or something like that.

But I have good news. As you know the Fins play the Titans at Tennesse so that is only about five hours away. I will be there for sure.

Originally posted by Dolphin_Fan
Man you guys that live in FL are soooooooooooo lucky. I live in Virginia. It is such a loooooonnnnnnnngggggg drive to Flordia and I only went to Daytona. I took a picture of the sign though. lol It was like 394 more miles to Miami or something like that.

But I have good news. As you know the Fins play the Titans at Tennesse so that is only about five hours away. I will be there for sure.

Dude... you think you have it bad?

I'm in NJ, so while I do get to see them every year (once) it's ALWAYS against the Jests, and ALWAYS at the Meadowlands.... :(

Aj...

I have one question... When/where do we enter to win the prizes?

Back
Top Bottom