First Round Combo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Combo

I'm taking Penei at 3 and I'm looking to trade up a few spots for a top talent that has dropped i.e. WR. I can't see it costing much, especially when a team like NE love to drop back a few spots.

I love Sewell at number 3. If he’s gone by 3, I really hope that we trade down. I wouldn’t hate Chase here though. And for 1B I like Collins. He seems like a legit coverage LB. If Pitts falls to 1B, I wouldn’t hate that either. Lol

1A - Take Sewell or trade down a bit and get Parsons
1B - OC Humphrey from Oklahoma
2A - Harris
2B - WR that’s the best route runner (I.e. Jarvis Landry)

Last edited:
If no trade down, I think you are spot on with possibilities at 1a.

Another player I might add at #18 is Patrick Jones. I think he goes much sooner than mocks have shown.

That said, I see Miami in a unique position. That #3 pick is valuable with three quarterbacks expected to be drafted high.

Grier owes it to the organization to maximize the pick. It is possible to flip that for something similar to the Tunsil trade.

One thing that I wonder about is that our window is open NOW for our team to become significant again.

IMO we need players now and not giving up quality for whatever future picks we get. In which I don't see any team able to produce those picks to be exceptable NOW
Last year that actually made more sense cause we had so many holes, but not this year..

So you give up a one high quality guy for what a lower 1 and a 2 or three or even 2-2s. A future #1 pick.
Maybe miss out on one of those stars the casual fans are screaming out for.
Guess this has some logic to it but I think we need to strike while the iron is hot and right in our hands.
While I don't think I'd do it , I'd definitly play it out and see for sure. Just don't see the worth while bundle needed for this year. (emphasis on this year)

I'm taking chase or Smith at 3 or a few picks later in the trade down.

Then 1b I'm going for a linebacker because we need help at that level. Not enough difference makers there for us.

My first second rounder I'm taking BPA at skill position and then 2b I take a position whether it be rb, wr, ol that I haven't filled

Look how good the Cowboys WRs are in Lamb/Cooper/Gallup, but they can’t do **** cuz the oline is screwed up. Build the trenches.

Jackson/Kindley/Humphrey/Hunt/Sewell

yes please.
Agreed. That's why I also like Harris so much. A running back like that would help the passing game out so much. Smashmouth the **** out of teams

That would be the worst course I could imagine.

I know Flo likes his DBs, but at some point, common sense has to prevail.

Personally, I think the best thing is to trade out of #3.

My preference is Parsons, who I believe will not go before 8, at the earliest.

I don't have a big problem taking Sewell at 3, but it's too high for a WR.

Parsons scares me. I think he has a higher bust factor than Sewell or Chase.

that would be a monster of an OL. Can't hate on that
I like Creed
But imagine Sewell LT Kindley LG Humphrey C Hunt RG Ramzcyk RT

Focus on a trade with the Saints the worst team in cap hell and it's very, very possible.....cause I think the Saint are going to have to move him... (25 and one of best RT in the league) Now this would make up for a 20 year 2 decade neglect IMO

One thing that I wonder about is that our window is open NOW for our team to become significant again.

IMO we need players now and not giving up quality for whatever future picks we get. In which I don't see any team able to produce those picks to be exceptable NOW
Last year that actually made more sense cause we had so many holes, but not this year..

So you give up a one high quality guy for what a lower 1 and a 2 or three or even 2-2s. A future #1 pick.
Maybe miss out on one of those stars the casual fans are screaming out for.
Guess this has some logic to it but I think we need to strike while the iron is hot and right in our hands.
While I don't think I'd do it , I'd definitly play it out and see for sure. Just don't see the worth while bundle needed for this year. (emphasis on this year)
That's a fair point.

I think Grier needs to figure out how far down he'd be willing to trade. If Miami absolutely has to have Sewell, as an example, I think you hold onto the pick.

If you want one of Chase, Smith or Waddle he can trade down a little and still get some additions picks.

Carolina, sitting at #8, might be the perfect trade partner.

Parsons scares me. I think he has a higher bust factor than Sewell or Chase.
Also it's going to all depend on who Dolphins aim for in FA, but if the Dolphins don't get any WRs in March, I can't imagine them grabbing a LB with their first pick.

Back
Top Bottom