First Round Targets for Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Targets for Miami

Tackle or Edge are my go to positions in the first. Unless we lose Wilkins...

DL and OL should be the focus early but the DT class is not that great.

What happens with Wilkins will be a factor but they are not replacing him in this Draft.

I figure the most likely event is they Tag him. If he plays on the tag and then leaves or if they Tag & Trade him he is likely not long for Miami.

They have had more than enough time to extend him if that was going to happen, every day that goes by his price goes up.

OT or OT that can play OG is the perfect intersection this year of need, positional value, and great draft class, this year. Add Graham Barton OT/OG to Morgan and Fautanu from the OP list. Suamataia, Guyton, P Paul, may be around when we draft also. Mims has the highest ceiling of all, but will probably be gone, and has less experience, and we're in win now mode.

I think maybe we can get Trotter or Marist Liufispelling ILB ND in the 2nd? Too early to say.

I would love for my Dawg Amarius Mims to be there when we pick, but I don’t see it happening.
I am with you there but he is going to impress at The Combine and go Top 15 with only 8 college starts.

He has looked better than Broderick Jones did last year.

I am thinking Morgan or Fautanu should be in the Fins range, Barton probably as well.

Barton can play C which could make him a bigger target.

I haven’t watched the guy from Arizona yet. The other 2 are probably in our range.

I (almost) always want to move back too. But you gotta have the trading partner. Over time I think the league has soured a little bit on moving UP.
The last few Drafts have seen a ton of trading but it is true that you need a team that wants your pick in order to move.

My hope is that there is a QB on the board that a team with an early 2nd rounder wants to grab.Unless there ia a player I can't pass on I would love to move back 8-10 spots and pick up a 3rd.

The last few Drafts have seen a ton of trading but it is true that you need a team that wants your pick in order to move.

My hope is that there is a QB on the board that a team with an early 2nd rounder wants to grab.Unless there ia a player I can't pass on I would love to move back 8-10 spots and pick up a 3rd.
I like that. Penix, Nix, maybe McCarthy.

I think we’ll be looking to trade all the way.

A lot of teams have to find QBs immediately.

There’s also the strong possibility we use our pick to acquire a veteran, especially if trading team pays most of his salary.

Time to get creative and make up for Ross’s blunder.

As I have said unless there is a guy I can't pass up when the Fins pick I would love to turn their late 1st rounder into an early 2 and a 3.

The Fins need some cheap young talent to balance this roster.

Even with a late 1st, I think you have to consider positional value when you make this pick... so I'm still going to focus on the expensive positions where we also have a need in 2024 and 2025.

So... I'm not trading up for a TE, a Safety, a RB, or a Guard... I'm just not. These positions can be filled with decent FAs for 5m/year. Hell, I'd be reluctant to take one at #32 unless he was a generational talent.

I might take an off-ball LB or a Center... maybe, but only if I thought he'd be a day one starter.

So I'm really looking for a QB/OT/WR/DT/Edge or CB. This year... and every year.

We have Tua, so that's out. Hill and Waddle... so only if I get a gift. Wilkins would exclude a DT...

Cam Smith, Kohou, even Bonner maybe... I'm probably not taking a Corner.

Tackle or Edge are my go to positions in the first. Unless we lose Wilkins...
If we lose Wilkins we got to take sweat.Then I like to get Frazier center from West Virginia.We got get stronger in the trenches.We need to become the bully not be the team that can't impose there will.December football is all the about the trenches .

If we lose Wilkins we got to take sweat.Then I like to get Frazier center from West Virginia.We got get stronger in the trenches.We need to become the bully not be the team that can't impose there will.December football is all the about the trenches .

I don’t hate this

Back
Top Bottom