First Round Targets for Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Targets for Miami

Flagged or not the likelihood of him being durable is not high.

He plays like a crazed lunatic and that is not going to change.

Shoulder issues for a LB are close to a deal breaker.

You’re probably right and we cant afford to take a player with that history

well we don’t have a third so there’s that
I am hoping we add some mid round picks by trading down should the opportunity present itself.

The Fins needs some cheap young players to balance what is trending toward a top heavy roster.

With the glut of OL talent, I'm barely considering other positions for Miami. Hard to imagine 21 coming without an OL Miami wouldn't be really happy to draft - like a legitimate, top-20 talent.

Players that would make me considering not drafting OL: Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, Brock Bowers, Dallas Turner. Anyone else, and obviously not counting QB, and OL will be there who is just as good, and Miami needs OL more.

Due to the glut of OLine, WR and QB prospects expected to get drafted within the first 15 picks, there could be an unexpected defensive prospect likely to drop to #21. Bowers, Turner and Verse seem to be the other players most mentioned within the top 15.

If this turns out to be true, Miami could find themselves with a top CB, DT or Edge sitting there at #21?

Due to the glut of OLine, WR and QB prospects expected to get drafted within the first 15 picks, there could be an unexpected defensive prospect likely to drop to #21. Bowers, Turner and Verse seem to be the other players most mentioned within the top 15.

If this turns out to be true, Miami could find themselves with a top CB, DT or Edge sitting there at #21?
It is too early to try to project the middle of Round 1. After the Combine and pro days we will have a much better idea of the players who could be in the Fins range.

But yes, right now it looks like some of the defensive players could slide with so many OL, QB's and WR's being viewed so highly.

A guy like Latu might make it to Miami, there will certainly be some of the top CB's there.Maybe Johnny Newton or Byron Murphy Jr as well.

As tempting as some of the defensive talent might be the Fins have to add to the OL, it is the most important area to improve as long as Tua is the QB.

Now those players being there could create trade down opportunities where Mimi could move back a few slots and add picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds which I would seriously consider.

With the glut of OL talent, I'm barely considering other positions for Miami. Hard to imagine 21 coming without an OL Miami wouldn't be really happy to draft - like a legitimate, top-20 talent.

Players that would make me considering not drafting OL: Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, Brock Bowers, Dallas Turner. Anyone else, and obviously not counting QB, and OL will be there who is just as good, and Miami needs OL more.
I think you're spot on. Pretty nice that the draft talent does match Miami's primary need this year.

Do you like Turner more than Verse?

Might be hard to pass up, but also could get teams interested in trading up.

I think you're spot on. Pretty nice that the draft talent does match Miami's primary need this year.

Turner is more of a twitchy athlete while Verse is more of a power guy.

Both should be Top 20 but they are pretty different players so will be attractive to different teams.

Latu probably won't test as well as either so it would not surprise me if he ended up being Edge #3 off the board.

Turner is probably the only defensive player I'll rate Top 10. I'll probably rate Verse Top 20 - but could see him falling to Top 40 in terms of how I view him. Agree with @jimthefin that Latu could fall some due to testing. If Latu's agility drills are great, it would mitigate his lack of speed/explosion though.

Back
Top Bottom