First Round Targets for Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Targets for Miami

Verse and Arnold will likely be off the board, maybe Thomas as well.He is going to test really well and might climb after the Combine.

I am starting to see Murphy in 1st round mocks so he could be in play.

I would be in on OL in R1 myself but they need to address both sides of the LOS.
If Verse and Arnold are gone then I would look to trade down and see if we can pick up a 3rd round pick since we have so many needs.

I am not sure there will be an interior OL worth taking in round 1, maybe some OT's but we are locked in with Armstead for another year and we just extended Jackson. We need a C to replace Williams and an OG to replace Hunt who I dont think we can afford to resign.

I think we can get a good C in round 2 like Sedrick Van Pran from Georgia.

Hopefully we can re-sign Wilkins since he is our best defensive player and he is durable.

If Verse and Arnold are gone then I would look to trade down and see if we can pick up a 3rd round pick since we have so many needs.

I am not sure there will be an interior OL worth taking in round 1, maybe some OT's but we are locked in with Armstead for another year and we just extended Jackson. We need a C to replace Williams and an OG to replace Hunt who I dont think we can afford to resign.

I think we can get a good C in round 2 like Sedrick Van Pran from Georgia.

Hopefully we can re-sign Wilkins since he is our best defensive player and he is durable.
The time to replace Armstead is now.Have the next LT in place before he is cut after next season. The new guy would be playing as a rookie anyway since Armstead will miss 5+ games anyway.

Plus OT is one of the strongest positions in this Draft.Jordan Morgan from Arizona is a perfect fit for Miami's blocking scheme.

As for IOL a guy like Troy Fautanu from Wash is an OT who might be best served moving inside to G. Amarius Mims will likely be gone but I would not be able to pass on him.

A C I like is Jackson Powers-Johnson from Oregon, another great scheme fit who could be in play in R2(although Dane Brugler has Miami taking him in R1 in his first mock draft).

Amarius Mims would be my pick. I think he will be there because I see at least 4 QBs being taken. I think at least 3 WRs, 2 edge, 2 CBs are gone. That leaves only 9 more picks before us. Fashanu and Alt will be gone. Now we are down to 7. Hopefully he falls to us. You won’t find a more prototype OT.

The time to replace Armstead is now.Have the next LT in place before he is cut after next season. The new guy would be playing as a rookie anyway since Armstead will miss 5+ games anyway.

Plus OT is one of the strongest positions in this Draft.Jordan Morgan from Arizona is a perfect fit for Miami's blocking scheme.

As for IOL a guy like Troy Fautanu from Wash is an OT who might be best served moving inside to G. Amarius Mims will likely be gone but I would not be able to pass on him.

A C I like is Jackson Powers-Johnson from Oregon, another great scheme fit who could be in play in R2(although Dane Brugler has Miami taking him in R1 in his first mock draft).
I wouldnt mind taking Jordan Morgan if we can trade down a few spots and if he can play OG for a year since we are stuck with Armstead for another year.

We still need replacements for Williams, Hunt and X who will be a post June 1 cut, Baker who might also be a salary cap cut, Elliott if we dont re-sign him and Wilkins if he walks. We also need a more reliable 3rd pass catching option either a WR or TE.

Amarius Mims would be my pick. I think he will be there because I see at least 4 QBs being taken. I think at least 3 WRs, 2 edge, 2 CBs are gone. That leaves only 9 more picks before us. Fashanu and Alt will be gone. Now we are down to 7. Hopefully he falls to us. You won’t find a more prototype OT.
That would be a great scenario for Miami, Mims is good enough to move up slightly for as well.

I wouldnt mind taking Jordan Morgan if we can trade down a few spots and if he can play OG for a year since we are stuck with Armstead for another year.

We still need replacements for Williams, Hunt and X who will be a post June 1 cut, Baker who might also be a salary cap cut, Elliott if we dont re-sign him and Wilkins if he walks. We also need a more reliable 3rd pass catching option either a WR or TE.
That may all end up being true but you still have to use your early picks on premium positions.

I am OK with a OT who can play inside but not a pure IOL in R1.

I am no taking a LB in R1 and I would not be surprised if no one does this year.

TE is not an option in R1 and I would not use a high pick on a 3rd WR unless someone fell that I just cooldn't pass up like Brian Thomas JR from LSU, who is going to test well and likely be gone.

I have not given up on Cam Smith and with the DC change maybe we see more of him next year but CB would not be out of the question in R1, it is a need, there is good depth at CB in late R1 and CB is a position you should draft early.

I prefer OT or trade down myself.

I'd love Mims, and think it's 50-50 he's there at 21, but I don't know if he can play guard, or even play immediately at LT, if Armstead gets hurt in training camp. He's still the highest ceiling, and should get there in a year or two.

That may all end up being true but you still have to use your early picks on premium positions.

I am OK with a OT who can play inside but not a pure IOL in R1.

I am no taking a LB in R1 and I would not be surprised if no one does this year.

TE is not an option in R1 and I would not use a high pick on a 3rd WR unless someone fell that I just cooldn't pass up like Brian Thomas JR from LSU, who is going to test well and likely be gone.

I have not given up on Cam Smith and with the DC change maybe we see more of him next year but CB would not be out of the question in R1, it is a need, there is good depth at CB in late R1 and CB is a position you should draft early.

I prefer OT or trade down myself.
I agree with that, taking an OT who can play inside for a year like Morgan. in fact he could be Hunt's replacement for a year, he certainly has the size to do it. Then kick him out to LT in 2025 after Armstead is gone.

I woud not take a pure IOL in round 1 or a LB and none are really projected as first round picks.

Round 2 we could take a Center or LB, there should be some good ones available.

What also concerns me is our need for 2 edge rushers since Phillips and Chubb will miss about half of next season at best.

I agree with that, taking an OT who can play inside for a year like Morgan. in fact he could be Hunt's replacement for a year, he certainly has the size to do it. Then kick him out to LT in 2025 after Armstead is gone.

I woud not take a pure IOL in round 1 or a LB and none are really projected as first round picks.

Round 2 we could take a Center or LB, there should be some good ones available.

What also concerns me is our need for 2 edge rushers since Phillips and Chubb will miss about half of next season at best.
We don't know when those guys will be available, but I believe one or both will be ready sometime in September. My bet is on Phillips because he is the younger of the two.

i believe in balance when building a team.

i would go bpa at lineman any position at 21, then if hes there with our 2nd a true dog mentality player whos great at football, Peyton Wilson from nc state would be a great addition to the team.

i believe in balance when building a team.

i would go bpa at lineman any position at 21, then if hes there with our 2nd a true dog mentality player whos great at football, Peyton Wilson from nc state would be a great addition to the team.
Peyton Wilson most likely goes in the 5th sixth round because on injury history.

Peyton Wilson most likely goes in the 5th sixth round because on injury history.
Some teams are going to have him flagged for his medicals but someone will love his tape and play style(Animal)to take him on Day 2.

Huge gamble as a LB with shoulder issues is a ticking bomb but the kid is really good.

Some teams are going to have him flagged for his medicals but someone will love his tape and play style(Animal)to take him on Day 2.

Huge gamble as a LB with shoulder issues is a ticking bomb but the kid is really good.
Yeah he ain’t going on day three unless he’s red flagged big time from the combine

He’s got first 2nd round talent

Back
Top Bottom