First Round Targets for Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Targets for Miami

Adonia Mitchell big fast wide receiver that can run routes.That doesn't sound like a need but are red zone offense could use a guy like him so we stop kicking fgs in red zone.I still go Frazier in second unless we keep Connor Williams he's the guy I try to keep and resign.Are offense was amazing with him in the lineup.

Does it really matter who we draft? Whoever we draft won't be able to play just like our previous top draft picks the past couple of years. Cam Smith and Channing Tindall.
Tindall was the 102 player selected, hardly a Top pick.

Cam Smith I am worried about but he was pick 51.

You don't get can't miss guys that late, although you should hit at least half the time in Rounds 2-3 in my opinion.

Tindall was the 102 player selected, hardly a Top pick.

Cam Smith I am worried about but he was pick 51.

You don't get can't miss guys that late, although you should hit at least half the time in Rounds 2-3 in my opinion.
Iggy was pick 30 and he couldnt play. What makes you so sure who we select in the upcoming draft will be able to play?

I am of the opinion that WR is going to present the best value where ever we pick. This class is loaded. Taking into consideration the lower than normal snap count for both Hill and Waddle, I think WR3 is justifiable in terms of potential impact. Not to mention Hill is turning 30, and we could be drafting a guy to contribute now and eventually start opposite Waddle.

Brian Thomas Jr. and Leggette are both really intriguing. Harrison Jr., Nabers, and Odunze will be out of reach but anything goes after those guys in this class.

At TE I really like Sanders (second round) and the kid from Ohio State. Bowers obviously won’t be an option for us barring trade up.

I am of the opinion that WR is going to present the best value where ever we pick. This class is loaded. Taking into consideration the lower than normal snap count for both Hill and Waddle, I think WR3 is justifiable in terms of potential impact. Not to mention Hill is turning 30, and we could be drafting a guy to contribute now and eventually start opposite Waddle.

Brian Thomas Jr. and Leggette are both really intriguing. Harrison Jr., Nabers, and Odunze will be out of reach but anything goes after those guys in this class.

At TE I really like Sanders (second round) and the kid from Ohio State. Bowers obviously won’t be an option for us barring trade up.
we definitely need a more reliable 3rd pass catching option since defenses try to take Hill and Waddle away but also they both get injured frequently so we also need it for depth purposes.

Here's some potential 1st round targets for Miami. I'm listing players who are generally in that late first round range.

Offensive Line
Troy Fautanu G/T Washington
Amarius Mims T Georgia
Jordan Morgan T Arizona
Cooper Beebe G Kansas State
Sedrick Van Pran C Georgia

Wide Receiver
Brian Thomas WR LSU
Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
Troy Franklin WR Oregon

Corner
Kalen King CB Penn State
Denzel Burke CB Ohio State

Safety
Kamren Kinchens S Miami
Tyler Nubin S Minnesota

Linebacker
Jeremiah Trotter LB CLemson

Defensive Line
Jared Verse Edge Florida State
J.T. Tuimoloa DE Ohio State
Mason Smith DT LSU
T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas

Notes
Fautanu would probably be my best guess right now as someone with a physical and versatile skillset, who is projected at guard.

Kinchens is usually gone in draft simulators, but when he's there I take him. I believe Fangio wants to add a safety, although first round may be too rich. I can dream on pairing Holland and Kinchens.

I think Miami needs a big, physical wide receiver to pair with Hill and Waddle. But I keep coming back to Franklin, who J-off-her-doll alerted me to. This guy gets easy separation.

The one player I'd trade up for if he starts slipping is Bowers. Can you imagine defending Miami with Hill, Waddle and Bowers in the passing game?

A trade down seems more likely. That's where Beebe a Van Pran could come into play.
From what I have heard is USC safety Bullock is a perfect fit for a Fangio style of defense.

Just did a deep dive into Xavier Legette and man would I love him in Miami. Hes the perfect combination of scheme fit while also giving us things we're sorely missing. Hes 6'3" 227 pounds, so gives us that big physical wr. But his game is built on yac, which is a big part of our offense but it's a more physical running style. He also knows how to use his body to make contested catches which is another thing we need.

Agree. That's the sweet spot for the draft. Thomas or Legette would be perfect fits. But there are wide receiver who are projected in round 2 who I like a lot as well. Worthy, from Texas, has some Tyreek Hill to his game.

Just did a deep dive into Xavier Legette and man would I love him in Miami. Hes the perfect combination of scheme fit while also giving us things we're sorely missing. Hes 6'3" 227 pounds, so gives us that big physical wr. But his game is built on yac, which is a big part of our offense but it's a more physical running style. He also knows how to use his body to make contested catches which is another thing we need.
Fantastic prospect IMO.

We have so many needs we could use our first round pick on just about anybody.

DE Jared Verse - He probably wont be available but we need pass rushers.

DB Terrion Arnold - X is going to be released and we have to upgrade the rest of the DB corps.

WR Brian Thomas Jr. - We need another pass catching option.

DT Byron Murphy ll - If we don't re-sign Wilkins.

Those one year wonder guys scare me.

This guy did next to NOTHING for 4 years before blowing up in year 5.

We have so many needs we could use our first round pick on just about anybody.

DE Jared Verse - He probably wont be available but we need pass rushers.

DB Terrion Arnold - X is going to be released and we have to upgrade the rest of the DB corps.

WR Brian Thomas Jr. - We need another pass catching option.

DT Byron Murphy ll - If we don't re-sign Wilkins.
Verse and Arnold will likely be off the board, maybe Thomas as well.He is going to test really well and might climb after the Combine.

I am starting to see Murphy in 1st round mocks so he could be in play.

I would be in on OL in R1 myself but they need to address both sides of the LOS.

Back
Top Bottom