Fitzpatrick Starting | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick Starting

Because most, if not all, of those people didn't want to draft Tua in the first place, so they want to tell you how smart and right they were. Team success be damned.
I don't believe that. I believe if you polled fans before the draft that 80% or better wanted Tua. I have not met one fan that did not want him. That being said there is a bizarre cult like following that goes with Tua and those are the fans that are over the top in my mind. I just want to get to the playoffs. Would I like it to be our up and coming QB? Yes but at this point I want to go with the best option to get us there in this moment in time. I think that is Fitzpatrick. He is a wily vet who knows the nuances of the game.

A real fan does not care who starts but that we win the game. We should be in a lot better position next yr with new weapons that Tua will have a whole offseason to mesh with and be better for it.

Username: FitzMagic
Long story behind the name and I respect Fitz but nothing I want more than Tua getting it and being our guy. I have Tua gear and no one was more excited when he was drafted. But glad you gave a thoughtful response instead of acting like every other Tua cult member on here. Sorry my cult is the Miami Dolphins.

Didn't we just go through this yesterday brother?

I believe there are many here, like myself, in the middle ground.

Because someone is skeptical, it doesn't equate to hating Tua, or wanting to be right.

I don't "hate" anyone who hasn't wronged me personally. Even then, I get over it for the most part, barring plain being evil.
I never used the word hate. Read my quote. I said they want to prove they were right.

Long story behind the name and I respect Fitz but nothing I want more than Tua getting it and being our guy. I have Tua gear and no one was more excited when he was drafted.

Sadly, it seems there are black and white people here. I was hoping Miami would draft TT, wanted him to start (not game 1), and think he's shown significant flashes. He just needs to cook a little more. BUT, because I want to win and want RF to play well, some accuse me or those like me of wanting RF back or sabotaging TT. No middle ground. I'm all in on TT or I'm not a fan of his. Some go so far as wanting RF gone because he's a threat to TT. I guess their ideal backup would be Pat White.

Personally, I believe TT has a thumb injury and I believe it's serious enough to cause some concern. Serious enough he can't play? No idea. Serious enough Flo has opted to give it a week to heal? Likely. Do I think Flo is damaging TT's career? I'm not that far removed from reality.

I don't believe that. I believe if you polled fans before the draft that 80% or better wanted Tua. I have not met one fan that did not want him. That being said there is a bizarre cult like following that goes with Tua and those are the fans that are over the top in my mind. I just want to get to the playoffs. Would I like it to be our up and coming QB? Yes but at this point I want to go with the best option to get us there in this moment in time. I think that is Fitzpatrick. He is a wily vet who knows the nuances of the game.

A real fan does not care who starts but that we win the game. We should be in a lot better position next yr with new weapons that Tua will have a whole offseason to mesh with and be better for it.
Here we go with people telling other people what a "real" fan is. Maybe us "not real" fans think you are not a "real fan" because you would rather make the playoffs once or twice a decade instead of really competing for something meaningful for a sustained period of time. Call me crazy, but I want to see a championship caliber team that competes at that level for close to a decade, and that only happens when you find a young talented franchise QB. Fitzpatrick does nothing but delay the process.

I think Tua is more hurt than we're being told, his leg was twisted like a pretzel the play he was "pulled" on. The "flip-flopping" is more to do with keeping the opponent in the dark than taking a shot at Tua and the fans.

Wow. That's just so short sighted. I've been a fan since 1971 and I couldn't care less about seeing this team make the playoffs knowing it's not a true threat to do any damage when it gets there or that there is no hope of being a sustained threat because Miami doesn't have a QB that can contend at the highest level. If Tua isn't the answer, god only knows how much longer this franchise flounders around and there is a good chance we see another round of regime change if Flores doesn't develop a QB.
Short sighted? We were all OK with the kid healing up and learning the system, ala Mahomes. What changed? The line is still gelling, work in progress, the draft has not brought any new shiny toys yet and he had no preseason. Look we are not drafting another QB so lets put this one in the best possible position, how is that being shortsighted? As for true threat, who knows unless you get a chance? That is a loser mentality. What do they say about the lottery? You can't win unless you play. Whos scares you other than KC? Maybe we lose but there is nothing like the playoffs. Every year it's "wait until next year" or we watch our team lose and hope we get a good draft choice just so the FO blows it.

Screw that, give me the playoffs and the rest will take care of itself.

I never used the word hate. Read my quote. I said they want to prove they were right.
Yes those guys for some reason are extremely vested in being able to say “I told you so” to a bunch of guys who they’ll never see little less actually meet. I don’t hate them either but I am a little worried about their mental health.

Sadly, it seems there are black and white people here. I was hoping Miami would draft TT, wanted him to start (not game 1), and think he's shown significant flashes. He just needs to cook a little more. BUT, because I want to win and want RF to play well, some accuse me or those like me of wanting RF back or sabotaging TT. No middle ground. I'm all in on TT or I'm not a fan of his. Some go so far as wanting RF gone because he's a threat to TT. I guess their ideal backup would be Pat White.

Personally, I believe TT has a thumb injury and I believe it's serious enough to cause some concern. Serious enough he can't play? No idea. Serious enough Flo has opted to give it a week to heal? Likely. Do I think Flo is damaging TT's career? I'm not that far removed from reality.
That's all fine and good. I sort of feel the same way as you especially if I knew that Flores is being honest about Tua's injury, but because of the way he handled Tua at the end of the Denver game and how secretive and misleading he has been in the past, it's hard to trust that this move was purely about Tua's thumb. And if it isn't purely about Tua's thumb, he is setting the development of this franchise back at the expense of winning a few more games in the short term.

It’s a must win....it’s a game we should win, I have no problem letting Tua’s thumb heal. Fitzpatrick can beat the Jets.

I think when you drafted an injury prone QB you should have expected this.

In the future we are going to maintain an excellent backup that is ready for these events and capable of winning big games.

You are right. You didn't say "hate". Semantics maybe?

And you are also correct that there are ppl who are happier being right, than being a winner.

I just think you are overstating how many, and that how "most, if not all" fall into that category.

The questions about how Flo is handling this are valid. Some of us give him the benifit of doubt for now. Others don't. Neither is ridiculous, IMO.

On the other hand, some of us also have "concerns" about TT, also valid, IMO.

If anyone says they aren't valid, that's fine, but not indicative of an open mind.

I would prefer, for the purposes of all of us enjoying the forum to its fullest potential, if those of us who do have concerns were not all lumped together, as merely anti Tua. Is that too much to ask?

Here we go with people telling other people what a "real" fan is. Maybe us "not real" fans think you are not a "real fan" because you would rather make the playoffs once or twice a decade instead of really competing for something meaningful for a sustained period of time. Call me crazy, but I want to see a championship caliber team that competes at that level for close to a decade, and that only happens when you find a young talented franchise QB. Fitzpatrick does nothing but delay the process.
I don't think we are far off in our thinking. I think we can compete for the playoffs this year and springboard into even better times starting next year with another strong FA period, a draft that will bring playmakers and an preseason for Tua to work with. I agree with the long term but sorry I don't pass on the playoffs if there is a chance and I damn sure don't think Flores will either. He gets paid to win now, not down the road.

I think Tua jammed his thumb and it affects the ball. Thus, the back up will play. There is no conspiracy here. You guys read too many spy novels! Some things are exactly as they appear, this is one of them. But, what if there was a FH poll with the question what QB gives us the best chance of winning today. I think Fitz would get 3/4 of the vote. Fitz should crush the Jets without a problem. Then is on to the Bengals at 7-4. We need to elevate out strategies going forward. We have 2 easy games to prepare for 4 tough ones to finish the year. We better come out ready to play because the Jets might make this their Super Bowl. You know Gase wants to beat us, we simply can't allow it. We're banged up at QB, RB, o-line and receiver, is there anything else we could be banged up at??

Back
Top Bottom