Fitzpatrick Starting | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick Starting

I was alive (only 3 years old) but not around when we got to play the Skins in 82 with QBs Woodley and Strock going back and forth....

You remember seeing the Dolphins play and the fact they were switching QB's?.... AT 3 yrs. old? :hclap: :ffic: Damn .... I can't remember all I did yesterday ...:shrug::cheers:

I read quite a few posts where FinHeaven Fans were preaching how important it was to sit Tua the entire year ... how he should just sit behind Fitz and learn ... Fast forward to the present and now peeps are all panty twisted because Fitz is starting ... confusing

I trust Flo to do what's best for the team ... I don't believe anything shady is going on... how do you sell fake news to your team and expect them to respect you? That crap MAY work once ... but it's not sustainable if you want to LEAD your team.

For whatever reason Tua has not yet shown any of us that he can take over a game .... he hasn't shown us wow plays .... he gets criticized for not showing the bombs and downfield plays that Burrow showed or Herbert shows

Ppl counter with the OC don't want to overwhelm him ... taking it slow ... no training camp ... no alpha wideouts, no stud RB and of course this damn O=line (did I mention Gesicki's lack of separation?)

Well nobody had TC ... yet there are QB's that were playing or are playing as full time starters out of the gate ... does that imply Tua is slow to grasp the playbook while Burrow and Herbert ate it up?

IDK if Tua is the future ... he hasn't exactly given us confidence that he is at large and in charge with his play/results ... collectively we have been a solid team ... but like all other players on this team ... with this forum ... Tua can/will get called out for repeated performance issues as he should and if Flo sees he is struggling and it's affecting the ability to win .... that's why we have depth at the position....

Omar Kelly says the media were not allowed to watch practice this week at all which is almost unheard of. He says they were probably trying to hide something.

Do you mean hiding something like practicing with Fitz at QB to throw the Jets off on who they game plan for? You may be right.

Flo wants to win and we have a chance at the playoffs. Is the injury real? Who cares? Fitzmagic gives us the best chance to win. If you don't think Fitz would be 3-1 like Tua then I do not know what to say to you. I think Fitz would be 4-0 against the same teams.

At the moment Fitz is the better QB, moves the offense better and puts us in a better position to win. That was a bad interception last week but if he starts the whole game I do not believe we are in that position. I loved the Tua pick and hope he succeeds but the future is NOW and I want a shot at the playoffs. Do you really believe in your hearts that Tua could beat KC? LV on the road? NE with Bellichick using disguised defenses?

Let's just support the team and take it one game at a time. Enough with the conspiracy theories. This may be the best coach we have had in a while, let him do what he sees fit. Dolphin fan first. Period.

Here maybe you’ll appreciate it if I put it this way.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Anyway If you’re that interested go back and re-read your original post. It came off a sanctimonious and hypocritical to me. That’s all. No accusations. No ill will or desire to argue. That’s it.

All the best good sir.
Tua had a nice game against Arizona but I don't see 34 points or 221 passing yards against a soft defense as something Fitz couldn't do.
True. But Fitz likely shits the bed on the last drive w an INT - you could make a 20 minute lowlight reel of potential game winning drives where he didn’t get it done. Like last week. And you could make a :30 one of when he did - like against NE last year!!! “Gesicki”!!!

True. But Fitz likely ****s the bed on the last drive w an INT - you could make a 20 minute lowlight reel of potential game winning drives where he didn’t get it done. Like last week. And you could make a :30 one of when he did - like against NE last year!!! “Gesicki”!!!
Possibly but Tua was getting crushed out there and was unable to do anything. Tua was NEVER in position to make ANY drive. The fetal position will not take your team down the field. Right now with no running game, line still trying to find its way and our limited WR core, Fitz gives this team the best chance to win.

Omar Kelly says the media were not allowed to watch practice this week at all which is almost unheard of. He says they were probably trying to hide something.
Probably didn't want ppl to see all the a$$ chewings that were going on. You know Flo had some expletives not suitable for press clippings.

He’s a good guy, but I can’t wait until Ryan Fitzpatrick is off this team. Don’t want Flores to even have the option of pulling a musical chairs stunt like he did last week.
Yeah it would suck to have options at QB especially when one of them is still learning on the big stage. This whole ride with Tua until you die thing is ridiculous in my mind. The freaking playoffs are a possibility, albeit a small one with that showing against Denver. I don't give two shits if Tua sits down the rest of the year if Fitz wins. Some on here must be really young because I have not seen enough of the playoffs in my last 20 years.

Shouldn't all Dolphins fans be fans of Tua and be rooting for him to succeed? Why do a few posters here appear to be happy that the kid struggled last week and seem to be enjoying that he now appears to be injured. Why so much animosity towards a player on what is supposedly their favorite team and those who want to see him succeed?
Because most, if not all, of those people didn't want to draft Tua in the first place, so they want to tell you how smart and right they were. Team success be damned.

I still can't figure out why he wears his initials on his face.... this TT thing may have roots
I assumed it was an affirmation of his faith, which is fine, but yeah, it seems a bit unprofessional to me.

This is his full time job now. Rah Rah collegiate days are over. That wouldn't fly in most proffessions.

Didn't care for it with Tebow either.

Not a deal breaker though. Not going to hold it against anyone. There are far worse things a player could be doing.

Yeah it would suck to have options at QB especially when one of them is still learning on the big stage. This whole ride with Tua until you die thing is ridiculous in my mind. The freaking playoffs are a possibility, albeit a small one with that showing against Denver. I don't give two ****s if Tua sits down the rest of the year if Fitz wins. Some on here must be really young because I have not seen enough of the playoffs in my last 20 years.

Username: FitzMagic

Yeah it would suck to have options at QB especially when one of them is still learning on the big stage. This whole ride with Tua until you die thing is ridiculous in my mind. The freaking playoffs are a possibility, albeit a small one with that showing against Denver. I don't give two ****s if Tua sits down the rest of the year if Fitz wins. Some on here must be really young because I have not seen enough of the playoffs in my last 20 years.
Wow. That's just so short sighted. I've been a fan since 1971 and I couldn't care less about seeing this team make the playoffs knowing it's not a true threat to do any damage when it gets there or that there is no hope of being a sustained threat because Miami doesn't have a QB that can contend at the highest level. If Tua isn't the answer, god only knows how much longer this franchise flounders around and there is a good chance we see another round of regime change if Flores doesn't develop a QB.

Because most, if not all, of those people didn't want to draft Tua in the first place, so they want to tell you how smart and right they were. Team success be damned.
Didn't we just go through this yesterday brother?

I believe there are many here, like myself, in the middle ground.

Because someone is skeptical, it doesn't equate to hating Tua, or wanting to be right.

I don't "hate" anyone who hasn't wronged me personally. Even then, I get over it for the most part, barring plain being evil.

Back
Top Bottom