Fitzpatrick Starting | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick Starting

Yes, really.

I have no interest in moving forward with Grandpa at the helm. Does nothing for the future of this team and that is what this season is all about for me.
Why is it always about the future? When will we ever play in the now?

Ah, the range of emotions. There will be those hoping RF loses so he's no threat to TT and those hoping he wins because TT is 'no good.' Flo made up the injury or he's saving TT for the critical games. No need waiting for more evidence.
Maybe should have read the thread before posting, but whatever
That sums it up

Another angle is Greg Williams defense plays dirty and will try to take cheap shots, let Fitz take the late hits and advance til next week. The Bengals are a better match up for him
yea this protecting tua from injury narrative is like buying an expensive car and leaving it in the garage cuz you "might" hit some potholes so you drive the 1992 ford taurus (fitzpatrick) around town until the transmission falls out

Another angle is Greg Williams defense plays dirty and will try to take cheap shots, let Fitz take the late hits and advance til next week. The Bengals are a better match up for him
So let me see if i have this right.

You prefer an elderly person gets abused and beaten?

That's just wrong man.

Seriously though, every time I see this type of post, It seems like a fan deems one players safety and health as a human being more important than another.

That's not right for a normal compassionate human to think like that is it? I hope it's just rhetoric, because the alternative is depressing.

Miami needs to draft another QB. One of the biggest mistakes during the Tanny years was not drafting competition. I would take Kyle Trask if he falls to our 2a
Agreed. I have been saying that all along

I'm with you. I'd prefer TT. One thought I've had reading through this thread . . . we've seen frequent comments how Flo tweaks the pressers and injury reports to keep the opponent guessing. Maybe he knew the injury was bad but withheld the info to mess with Gase? I have serious doubts he would sit a healthy TT. What better way to gain experience than against a Gase-led team.
Agreed. Tua is 3-1 and Fitz 3-3. If Tua is healthy you play him. It’s a bottom line business and Tua is 75% to Fitz 50% winning %. I don’t believe for a moment that Flores isn’t all in on his rookie QB. If he was healthy he’d be playing IMO. It might just be me but this situation reminds me so much of 1980 where Bob Griese was still decent, but old and didn’t have his fastball anymore, and a young, pretty athletic rookie QB named Woodley was brought along by his HC in a way that was non-conventional. He got games, he played well at times and he struggled at others - and when he did, Shula didn’t hesitate to bring Griese or Strock (what a QB room that was!) off of the bench, or took a start - part of the learning process. Was Woodley better than an old Griese or Strock? That can be debated, but what cannot be debated was the team played more complimentary football when Woodley started. They just did. And all he did was win games - won a division in his 2nd year, started a SB in his 3rd year. Like I said, it could just be me but I see so many parallels in the graduation of Fitz to Tua as I saw w Griese / Strock to Woodley

But,but,but hes not injury prone....wheres my wheel chair emoji when I need it 😂🤡😂

I mean, it's a thumb injury. Could be worse y'know, like an ACL + MCL tear.

tenor.gif

Joe burrow got a big boy injury behind a crappy line standing tall making a throw over the top while planting his foot and his guard got drove straight back instantly. While playing at an elite level unlike tua's little fake thumb injury according to some of his cult members here lol.

Someone seems awfully hurt.

2rMcid_0XibF6Mp00

I have no idea what you're doing on here to be honest. I'm sure there's a Bengals forum somewhere.

Last edited:
That's just BS.

Seriously dude. Please provide an actual quote where I "knocked" others. Disagreeing and/or pointing out issues/problems regarding ANY player is a LOT different than attack etc.

And the only "high road" I'm talking about relates to serious injury and making that fair game.

IMO it's classless. I don't do it. And I don't like it.

Here maybe you’ll appreciate it if I put it this way.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Anyway If you’re that interested go back and re-read your original post. It came off a sanctimonious and hypocritical to me. That’s all. No accusations. No ill will or desire to argue. That’s it.

All the best good sir.

That's what the Bears thought too. That's what led them to make the trade for Khalil Mack. Look where they are now because of their QB situation.
Bears are awful on offense outside of their qb play. Trubisky is erratic and inaccurate and I watched them for more than a year not really do a single thing scheme wise or play calling wise to help him and highlight what he does best. Their running game is on par with ours last year. They made the switch to Foles and by every metric he was worse. Their staff simply sucks. Trubisky probably does too, but its painful watching a team hang qbs out to dry.

what ****ing hypocrisy? Hypocrisy isn’t the qb needs to play better or has been underwhelming assessment thru 4 games.

i will own anything I post on this site. Fitz ain’t doing what tua did for you vs zona.

not that fitz should ever be the bar. Jag journeyman should never be the bar for any qb play in case that needs to be said
Tua had a nice game against Arizona but I don't see 34 points or 221 passing yards against a soft defense as something Fitz couldn't do.

Miami needs to draft another QB. One of the biggest mistakes during the Tanny years was not drafting competition. I would take Kyle Trask if he falls to our 2a
I'd take Ridder with our 3rd IF we REALLY wanted a QB to compete with Tua.

Why is it always about the future? When will we ever play in the now?
When the team is built the right way like they have been trying to do acquiring a lot of draft assets and adding real talent across the board and finding a QB that isn't a damn bridge to a real franchise QB.

Finheaven Tua fans heads after reading that...

tenor.gif
Shouldn't all Dolphins fans be fans of Tua and be rooting for him to succeed? Why do a few posters here appear to be happy that the kid struggled last week and seem to be enjoying that he now appears to be injured. Why so much animosity towards a player on what is supposedly their favorite team and those who want to see him succeed?

Back
Top Bottom