Fitzpatrick to return next season...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick to return next season......

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to ESPN. Apparently he was contemplating retirement however $8M was enough to sway his decision.......At least he can mentor a young QB rather than Rosen LOL

I really see no benefit to the future of the Dolphins by having Fitzpatrick return as the Dolphins starter next season. I would have no problem if he was hired to be the QB coach but the Dolphins need to play Rosen or the QB they select in the draft during the 2020 season.

The Dolphins will not be a playoff team next season and they will likely win only 5-6 games next years with or without Fitzpatrick. It is time the Dolphins go with a younger QB and let Fitzpatrick be a mentor only at this stage of his career.

Oh no too many meaningless wins. Wait, is that a thing again? Either way it will interesting to see if the guy we get is that much worse than the guy that goes before us. I mean in the 18 draft the 3rd round QB was much better than the top overall pick. In fact based on today I would rank Mayfield 4th in that class only before Rosen.

I don’t care if he’s here as a mentor type but I will care if tua sits behind him for any reason other than not cleared for contact.

Doesn’t appear to be great news for rosen

I wish he would have retired. Play someone else. Even if it’s that no name guy that we had on our PS. I don’t care. Playing Fitz again would be a total waste. I get that it helped provide stability (after his awful start to the year) so we could evaluate other players. Evaluation done. We know who can play and who can’t. Now play a different QB.

You guys are hilarious. Fitzpatrick just put up the best season since 2008 Pennington and all you can do is mock.

With a roster of actual NFL talent Miami would have been a playoff team. Heck, with a practice squad roster they played better than NE the last quarter of the season.

Laugh all you want but I'm excited to have him back.

I really see no benefit to the future of the Dolphins by having Fitzpatrick return as the Dolphins starter next season. I would have no problem if he was hired to be the QB coach but the Dolphins need to play Rosen or the QB they select in the draft during the 2020 season.

The Dolphins will not be a playoff team next season and they will likely win only 5-6 games next years with or without Fitzpatrick. It is time the Dolphins go with a younger QB and let Fitzpatrick be a mentor only at this stage of his career.
Are you under the impression that they’re committing to starting Fitz ALL of next season?

His role will be to mentor the next QB and make way when they’re ready rather than throwing them straight in , be that week 3, week 8 or week 13. That’s the benefit to the future of the Dolphins.

You guys are hilarious. Fitzpatrick just put up the best season since 2008 Pennington and all you can do is mock.

With a roster of actual NFL talent Miami would have been a playoff team. Heck, with a practice squad roster they played better than NE the last quarter of the season.

Laugh all you want but I'm excited to have him back.

5-11

Back
Top Bottom