Fitzpatrick to return next season...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick to return next season......

He's got $4 million guaranteed just for showing up. I mean I also would at least force Miami to cut me vs. retire so I can get that money. If the contract had no guarantees on it, he probably would of retired vs. doing an entire training camp without reassurances.

If Miami has no intention of moving forward with him, I would take the loss, pay Fitz out that 4 million and keep it moving. His performance last year was worth $9.5 million.

you guys are hilarious. If we draft Tua, he should sit out for the first year no matter what. This will allow him to learn how to be a pro by watching Fitz, he will be able to completely heal, and the most important thing for me is that the OLINE WILL HAVE ANOTHER YEAR TO DEVELOP! Do you really want to put a 90% healthy Tua behind a brand new offensive line? Ya'll should switch to XFL next week, leave the NFL to those that actually watch and understand it.

you guys are hilarious. If we draft Tua, he should sit out for the first year no matter what. This will allow him to learn how to be a pro by watching Fitz, he will be able to completely heal, and the most important thing for me is that the OLINE WILL HAVE ANOTHER YEAR TO DEVELOP! Do you really want to put a 90% healthy Tua behind a brand new offensive line? Ya'll should switch to XFL next week, leave the NFL to those that actually watch and understand it.
That's absolutely the plan and ultimately why they grabbed Rosen, IMO.

If Fitz goes down, Rosen goes in, not Tua.

Tua's agent just came out and stated that he hopes that Tua doesn't have to play this year so Fitz returning is really good news.

Fitz and Rosen with Tua/Love riding the bench this upcoming year.
Tua/Love with Rosen backing them up the following year

It sounds like a good plan. Rosen should get a chance to start again this season at some point. He needs a Drew Brees-like season to hold off whomever we draft (and even in that scenario the Chargers got rid of Brees).

IMO, GREAT NEWS!!! I'm sure a lot of you are too young to remember EARL MORRAL & DON STROCK, both extremely important pieces to the DOLPHIN teams of the past. FITZ can be our STROCK; lead, mentor (probably TUA) & play when needed. Ask DAN the Man himself how important STROCK was to his development. I hope he sticks around another 2-3 years in the backup/mentor role.

I'm ok with him coming back as long as:
- He doesn't shave
- He wears more gold chains
- He keeps the great attitude win or lose

Seriously, I don't think there is a better guy in the league to bring along Tua, Rosen or whomever else we have.

Back
Top Bottom