Five reason why the Dolphins will be better than the NY Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five reason why the Dolphins will be better than the NY Jets

how can you say it doesn't work when the Jets, Ravens, Bears and Niners all made title games in the past 2 years and all had chances to win if they get the right bounce of the ball? it works, it hasn't resulted in a SB title yet but those teams have been right there w/ a chance to reach SBs.

You're a stat guy.. just look at the winners of the recent superbowls, You have to have an ELITE passing attack and a upper echelon QB. The other stuff becomes a wash. It wont matter for the jets or the dolphins until either can have that, I think the dolphins are atleast trying to implement that now. You guys are looking to do the same thing again. Maybe Sparano and rex can combine and get it done, but recent history shows, they wont win the big one with that kind of football. You can make the playoffs but a eventually one of the better QB's will neutralize your defense, and then youll have to play come from behind football, which you wont be built to do.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

You're a stat guy.. just look at the winners of the recent superbowls, You have to have an ELITE passing attack and a upper echelon QB. The other stuff becomes a wash. It wont matter for the jets or the dolphins until either can have that, I think the dolphins are atleast trying to implement that now. You guys are looking to do the same thing again. Maybe Sparano and rex can combine and get it done, but recent history shows, they wont win the big one with that kind of football. You can make the playoffs but a eventually one of the better QB's will neutralize your defense, and then youll have to play come from behind football, which you wont be built to do.

you can look at whos in the superbowl from like 2003 which is about 10 years. look at whos in them not even who won, i guarentee the only exception to the rule will be rex grosman and the bears and they were squashed. its a new decade. i think hasselback and grossman are the ONLY exceptions

And now junc explains why the dictionary is wrong.

0301_zy1z-1.gif

I assumed this was a bleacher report article but it was comedic nonetheless.

better QB situation:lol: 2 guys w/ 5 career playoff wins in 5 combined seasons(4 as starters) vs. a rookie w/ potential(he could be better) and a vet who has never had any successx in this league except when his team is out of the race.

I'll give you better RB situation but it's close but to say each is better than any RB the Jets have is silly, Greene is probably the best RB on either team but you have better depth.

better offensive scheme? maybe, Philbin wasn't running those GB O's so we'll see what he can do w/o McCarthy holding his hand.

comparable defense, the #s were similar last year but you were out of the race by October. Our is better by a failr wide margin and one of the reasons is rex will be calling the D again.

Superior team character? the character that led you to 0-7? the character that has never won a playoff game(most have never seen one). I'll take the character of our team that knows how to win.

That was good for a laugh.

Hook line and sinker...lol I knew this boy would show up! Read em and weep lad for the truth has been spoken.

I can give you a ton of reasons why we are better than the Jets

1. Jets suck
  2. Jets suck
  3. Jets suck
  4. Mark Sanchez is actually a girl
  5. Jets suck
  6. Jets suck
  7. Jets suck
  8. Jets suck
  9. Jets suck
  10. Jets suck
  11. Jets suck
  12. Jets suck
  13. Jets suck
  14. Jets suck
  15. Jets suck
  16. Jets suck
  17. Jets suck
  18. Jets suck
  19. Jets suck
  20. Jets suck
  21. Jets suck
  22. Jets suck
  23. Jets suck
  24. Jets suck

Since junc likes to take credit for mediocre 7-7 teams "beating" 2 teams that took a knee and then beating a dead Cinci team outscored by 37 points in their last 7 games, and a notoriously choking SD team that beat itself despite Sanchez's 101 yards and abysmal QBR, obviously if you're gona claim the back end games matter most, then one needs for the sake of credibility to be consistent.

Given that fact, consider this:

Over the last 9 games: (more than 1/2 of the season)

*Fins beat the jets when the jets needed to win to keep any hope of the post season alive

*Fins 6-3, beating no winning teams, but teams with a cumulative .440 winning percentage including 2 .500 teams and
outscoring opponents 222-147

*Jets 4-5, beating no winning teams with a .375 winning percentage and including no .500 teams

*Our QB arguably outplayed every divisional QB not named Brady over that span and took a demoralized team with fans rooting against them to close out a nice streak.

*NYJ's QB continued to be coddled and enabled, as confirmed by a future HOF'er and their star WR, with absolutely no pressure on him to be replaced by a AARP card-carrying backup.

*The Jets were in it at 4-3 at the point when they lost 5 out of their last 9; they folded under pressure including game 16 to the Fins.

Of course that doesn't guarantee that going forward the Fins will be better than the jets, but considering respective OCs, lockerroom mental health, the realization that if we upgrade over the 2nd best QB in the division we will become even better, only a homer would argue that besting the jest in the standing is not very much a viable possibility. :idk:

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

you can look at whos in the superbowl from like 2003 which is about 10 years. look at whos in them not even who won, i guarentee the only exception to the rule will be rex grosman and the bears and they were squashed. its a new decade. i think hasselback and grossman are the ONLY exceptions

The Giants didn't have an elite passing attack or upper echelon QB in their run of 2007.

As far as reaching the SB since 2003?

teams that didn't have elite pass attack and upper ecehlon QB:

2003 Car
2004 philly
2005 pitt
2006 Chi
2007 NYG

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Since junc likes to take credit for mediocre 7-7 teams "beating" 2 teams that took a knee and then beating a dead Cinci team outscored by 37 points in their last 7 games, and a notoriously choking SD team that beat itself despite Sanchez's 101 yards and abysmal QBR, obviously if you're gonan claim the back game matters then one needs for the sake of credibility to be consistent.

Given that fact, consider this:

Over the last 9 games: (more than 1/2 of the season)

*Fins beat the jets when the jets needed to win to keep any hope of the post season alive

*Fins 6-3, beating no winning teams, but teams with a cumulative .440 winning percentage including 2 .500 teams and
outscoring opponents 222-147

*Jets 4-5, beating no winning teams with a .375 winning percentage and including no .500 teams

*Our QB arguably outplayed every divisional QB not named Brady over that span and took a demoralized team with fans rooting against them to close out a nice streak.

*NYJ's QB continued to be coddled and enabled, as confirmed by a future HOF'er and their star WR, with absolutely no pressure on him to be replaced by a AARP card-carrying backup.

*The Jets were in it at 4-3 at the point when they lost 5 out of their last 9; they folded under pressure including game 16 to the Fins.

Of course that doesn't guarantee that going forward the Fins will be better than the jets, but considering respective OCs, lockerroom mental health, the realization that if we upgrade over the 2nd best QB in the division we will become even better, only a homer would argue that besting the jest in the standing is not very much a viable possibility. :idk:

Your team was out of the race by October, you had a small glimmer of hope then and we crushed 24-6. It doesn't matter what you did after that as it was all garbage time or Matt Moore time.

The Giants didn't have an elite passing attack or upper echelon QB in their run of 2007.

2003 Car
2004 philly
2005 pitt
2006 Chi
2007 NYG

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Your team was out of the race by October, you had a small glimmer of hope then and we crushed 24-6. It doesn't matter what you did after that as it was all garbage time or Matt Moore time.

Wait...youre FINALLY admitting Eli was elite last year? And I thought Id never get through to you.

ELITE!

2003 Car
2004 philly
2005 pitt
2006 Chi
2007 NYG

Your team was in it after game 7 and then folded under the pressure playing terrible ball while the clubhouse imploded. Disingenuous of you to use the word "garbage" with any other QB considering who yours is. What's the difference? Oh and glimmers of hope? Any illusion that you'd again step in **** was crushed by us game 16, something your team couldn't do in 08

here is some reasons right off the top of my head.

1) no diva receiver who calls out his Qb in front of the world
2) Miami has alot of young depth
3) Miami picks up players who actually fit the system- coples
4) QB position has so much more upside in Miami- We all know that Sanchez's inflated ego hasnt yet been deflated and he sucks by all standards. yet somehow, he is still respected. QB situation in NY is ripe for Tebowmania which means here comes gadget offense, which only works early on in games but if your gameplan is all about that, you suck basically.
5. Rb's are way better in Miami. book it. Reggie Bush is like a forgotten man in the media, you know, the ones who questioned whether he could run between the tackles, and then basically ran up the middle 80% of the time for long runs.
6. We actually have a coach who gets the uptempo style offense which keeps the defense on its heels.
7. Did I mention the depth? oh yeah, i forgot, we're rebuilding! lol

Your team was in it after game 7 and then folded under the pressure playing terrible ball while the clubhouse imploded. Disingenuous of you to use the word "garbage" with any other QB considering who yours is. What's the difference? Oh and glimmers of hope? Any illusion that you'd again step in **** was crushed by us game 16, something your team couldn't do in 08

They sucked the last 3 weeks w/o question. Something wasn't right all year, they manged to win enough games to be in playoff position w/ the final 2-3 weeks but they blew it.

My QB is a guy who helped his team reach 2 title games, Matt Moore has only played "well" when his teams have been out of contention.

As bad as we played we still nearly beat you in '08 and '11 but you were a little less bad than us those 2 days.

Wait...youre FINALLY admitting Eli was elite last year? And I thought Id never get through to you.

ELITE!

upper ecehlon and elite are different, he was a top 5-7 QB which I consider upper echelon and they had an excellent pass game.

GP

CMP

ATT

CMP%

YDS

AVG

TD

LNG

INT

FUM

RAT
Career 47 782 1,414 55.3 9,209 6.51 55 74 51 17 73.2

a career 55% completion percentage, 4 more career TD's than INTs, 17 fumbles, and a career rating of 73.2.......

I honestly dont understand how anyone can defend that, especially for a traded up for 5th overall pick

ill take a guess though...... "back to back AFC Championship game LOSSES" "4 playoff wins on the road" "the O-Line was bad it wasnt his fault" "it was all Shotty's fault" (how dare we ask the #5 overall pick to pass more than 25 times a game!!!)

They sucked the last 3 weeks w/o question. Something wasn't right all year, they manged to win enough games to be in playoff position w/ the final 2-3 weeks but they blew it.

My QB is a guy who helped his team reach 2 title games, Matt Moore has only played "well" when his teams have been out of contention.

As bad as we played we still nearly beat you in '08 and '11 but you were a little less bad than us those 2 days.

upper ecehlon and elite are different, he was a top 5-7 QB which I consider upper echelon and they had an excellent pass game.

Before you claim your QB helped his team reach.. check out his performance in the 09 game 14 against a dead Atlanta at home that they actually needed to win to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs....and then check out his performance against a choking SD team which lost the game more so than your team winning it. If that's helping your team, you have a very low standard :idk: I realistically cannot think of 5 teams that would trade who they've got for Sanchez - if that. IMO that makes him a top 26 echelon QB, not a top 10 fersure.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT
Career 47 782 1,414 55.3 9,209 6.51 55 74 51 17 73.2

a career 55% completion percentage, 4 more career TD's than INTs, 17 fumbles, and a career rating of 73.2.......

I honestly dont understand how anyone can defend that, especially for a traded up for 5th overall pick

ill take a guess though...... "back to back AFC Championship game LOSSES" "4 playoff wins on the road" "the O-Line was bad it wasnt his fault" "it was all Shotty's fault" (how dare we ask the #5 overall pick to pass more than 25 times a game!!!)

I call that the "Drunken Joe" standard of excellence. Remember, they all lionize Namath and his career stats are just about as bad.

Im curious to see 6 better QBs than Eli last year.

here is some reasons right off the top of my head.

1) no diva receiver who calls out his Qb in front of the world
2) Miami has alot of young depth
3) Miami picks up players who actually fit the system- coples
4) QB position has so much more upside in Miami- We all know that Sanchez's inflated ego hasnt yet been deflated and he sucks by all standards. yet somehow, he is still respected. QB situation in NY is ripe for Tebowmania which means here comes gadget offense, which only works early on in games but if your gameplan is all about that, you suck basically.
5. Rb's are way better in Miami. book it. Reggie Bush is like a forgotten man in the media, you know, the ones who questioned whether he could run between the tackles, and then basically ran up the middle 80% of the time for long runs.
6. We actually have a coach who gets the uptempo style offense which keeps the defense on its heels.
7. Did I mention the depth? oh yeah, i forgot, we're rebuilding! lol

1) no receivers who can get open
2) we'll see but you don't have the amount of quality starters we have
3) Coples doesn't fit our system?
4) More upside than a guy a team KNOWS it can win big w/?
5) Way better? Greene has as many 1,000 yd seasons(1) as all your RBs combined.
6) a coach who rode the coattails of Mike McCarthy. we have a coach who led his team to TWO title games in the last 3 years
7) what depth? and what about starters?

Back
Top Bottom