Five reason why the Dolphins will be better than the NY Jets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five reason why the Dolphins will be better than the NY Jets

better QB situation 2 guys w/ 5 career playoff wins in 5 combined seasons(4 as starters) vs. a rookie w/ potential(he could be better) and a vet who has never had any successx in this league except when his team is out of the race.

You always do this, and it is laughable. You arbitrarily decide that playoff wins is the only measure of quarterback play. Why? Simply because it is the ONLY way you can even attempt to defend the Jets quarterback situation. Given this silly logic you’d have to argue for such absurdities as “TJ Yates was a better QB in 2011 than Aaron Rodgers because he had more playoff wins.” Why don’t we look at QB rating or pro-bowl appearances?
Last active season’s QB rating
Matt Moore- 87.1
David Garrard- 90.8

Mark Sanchez – 78.2
Tim Tebow- 72.9

Looks like you guys really have a powerhouse QB situation there… lol

This thread is the equivalent to standing in a long line at the grocery store watching the 5 year old kid flop around the ground kicking and screaming because his mother said "no" to the chocolate bar he wanted.

so we can say Philbin will win 4 playoff games in his first 3 seasons and reach at least 2 title games?

Rex ran his defense in baltimore, he wasn't a puppet for the HC.

I wouldn't, we have a QB for the next decade and those other QBs are chokers that have had more talent around them and won less in january.

I'd be happy if Philbin wins 2 legitimate playoff games against competitive teams with no charity along the way to get there. Personally I'd be embarrassed to claim winning seasons or subsequent BS tainted victories if our team didn't actually earn it. :idk: So if Philbin does,, he's earned the same amount of wins as Rex, the guy who got passed up for the HC job in favor of a position coach by one of the sharpest GMs in the business and the one who happened to know him best. Rex Ryan: 2 big fails on the biggest stage, no divisional championships and 1 legitimate non-charitable winning season. Throw in a clubhouse implosion he was clueless about and his voyeuristic pimping of his wife so he can get off in his "bi curious way" and Ozzie knew what he was doing.

I don't know, ask your buddies. Your fellow phin fan is the one that knocked rex and said how great philbin is.

No one can possibly know if Philbin will be any good. But then you have to throw in the bull**** about his riding McCarthy's coattails. C'mon.

JetsRageTroll-1.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

You always do this, and it is laughable. You arbitrarily decide that playoff wins is the only measure of quarterback play. Why? Simply because it is the ONLY way you can even attempt to defend the Jets quarterback situation. Given this silly logic you’d have to argue for such absurdities as “TJ Yates was a better QB in 2011 than Aaron Rodgers because he had more playoff wins.” Why don’t we look at QB rating or pro-bowl appearances?
Last active season’s QB rating
Matt Moore- 87.1
David Garrard- 90.8

Mark Sanchez – 78.2
Tim Tebow- 72.9

Looks like you guys really have a powerhouse QB situation there… lol

A QBs job is to lead his O to points and to win. The best QBs like Brady and Brees put up big #s and win but people get confused when other QBs put up "great" garbage time #s and lose.

Matt Moore had a nice #s season in meaningless games w/ no pressure to win. Once again:

Matt Moore 2009 when Carolina had no hope(5 starts):

79-126, 63%, 990 yds, 8 TDs, 1 INT, 4-1 record, 104.9 rating

Matt Moore 2010 starting week 1(5 starts):

74-133, 56%, 822 yds, 5 TDs, 8 INTs, 61.7 rating, 1-4 record

Matt Moore 2011 after entering w/ team 0-3(game was scoreless when he entered at SD so #s are from that game through game 7):

68-115, 59%, 706 yds, 1 TD, 4 INTs, 65.3 rating, 0-4

when season was over at 0-7:

142-232, 61%, 1791 yds, 15 TDs, 5 INts, 97.8 rating, 6-3 record

See why i don't get excited over meaningless #s in meaningless games?

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I'd be happy if Philbin wins 2 legitimate playoff games against competitive teams with no charity along the way to get there. Personally I'd be embarrassed to claim winning seasons or subsequent BS tainted victories if our team didn't actually earn it. :idk: So if Philbin does,, he's earned the same amount of wins as Rex, the guy who got passed up for the HC job in favor of a position coach by one of the sharpest GMs in the business and the one who happened to know him best. Rex Ryan: 2 big fails on the biggest stage, no divisional championships and 1 legitimate non-charitable winning season. Throw in a clubhouse implosion he was clueless about and his voyeuristic pimping of his wife so he can get off in his "bi curious way" and Ozzie knew what he was doing.

Yet you are happy w/ the '08 team- why is that?

You'd be doing cartwheels for ONE playoff win let alone 4 and 2 title game apps.

No one can possibly know if Philbin will be any good. But then you have to throw in the bull**** about his riding McCarthy's coattails. C'mon.

so it's not BS to say rex sucks and philbin is better but it's wrong to post a fact that McCarthy ran that offense? How does that work?

I am actually a little concerned about what Tony can do for the Jets. They are a team that relies on their D, and a running game, conservative O. It seems that the play calling has gotten away from that. If the O and Sanchez would just maintain field position and not turn the ball over they would win because teams would break down against that D. There best offensive games were a result of the D just punishing the other teams O and the game turning into a mess. Last year when they tried to pass and left the D with short fields they were exposed.
Not sure how Tony helps in those areas. In 2011 we had a turnover ration of -6 (Jets had -3) and a 3rd down percentage of 33% (26th in the league), so neither of those goals are Tony strong points.

No actually I don’t, because that argument backfires on you every time you use it. So you are willing to admit that when Matt Moore has nothing to play for and Sanchez has everything to play for Moore is still the better Quarterback? That doesn’t put Sanchez in a very good light now does it? Are you also willing to admit that Yates was better than Rodgers in 2011 because he won more playoff games? Your logic is invalid.

No actually I don’t, because that argument backfires on you every time you use it. So you are willing to admit that when Matt Moore has nothing to play for and Sanchez has everything to play for Moore is still the better Quarterback? That doesn’t put Sanchez in a very good light now does it? Are you also willing to admit that Yates was better than Rodgers in 2011 because he won more playoff games? Your logic is invalid.

Yep, matt Moore is great. You proved me wrong using a TJ yates home WC victory over the bengals, that's the same as playing the eventual champs in the div rd.

Yep, matt Moore is great. You proved me wrong using a TJ yates home WC victory over the bengals, that's the same as playing the eventual champs in the div rd.

May not be great but he's as good as Sanchez at the least. We probably have 3 QBs who're gonna be better than whichever of your 2 start. What nobody has mentioned yet is that Moore has leadership qualities, he rallies his offense, interacts, encourages and earns their respect. Sanchez is known around the league including by his teammates as a coddled princess who sulks sitting off by the end of the bench when things don't go right, on the verge of tears. Moore is a man, Sanchez is a sensitive boy and that's a big difference.

Pitiful that opinions about whether the OC or Head Coach ran the offense is dependent on your agenda.

A QBs job is to lead his O to points and to win. The best QBs like Brady and Brees put up big #s and win but people get confused when other QBs put up "great" garbage time #s and lose.

Matt Moore had a nice #s season in meaningless games w/ no pressure to win.
Once again:

Matt Moore 2009 when Carolina had no hope(5 starts):

79-126, 63%, 990 yds, 8 TDs, 1 INT, 4-1 record, 104.9 rating

Matt Moore 2010 starting week 1(5 starts):

74-133, 56%, 822 yds, 5 TDs, 8 INTs, 61.7 rating, 1-4 record

Matt Moore 2011 after entering w/ team 0-3(game was scoreless when he entered at SD so #s are from that game through game 7):

68-115, 59%, 706 yds, 1 TD, 4 INTs, 65.3 rating, 0-4

when season was over at 0-7:

142-232, 61%, 1791 yds, 15 TDs, 5 INts, 97.8 rating, 6-3 record

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Yet you are happy w/ the '08 team- why is that?

You'd be doing cartwheels for ONE playoff win let alone 4 and 2 title game apps.

so it's not BS to say rex sucks and philbin is better but it's wrong to post a fact that McCarthy ran that offense? How does that work?

ahhh the same old "no pressure to win" argument you use literally every single time, very original, so week 16 against the Jets with "no pressure to win" Moore led his team on a 21 play drive to take the lead, and won the game, so if Matt Moore WON a game vs a division rival on the last game of the season to eliminate them from any backdoor playoff shot, what does that mean for Sanchez, a QB with everything to play for last game of the season vs divison rival, vs a team with a QB with "no pressure" threw 3 interceptions including 2 to the same defensive lineman and lost the game

stock-photo-moodie-character-yelling-frantically-at-a-brick-wall-literally-quot-talking-to-a-bri.jpg

Rex Ryan does not suck as a HC. I didn't claim that and whoever did is wrong. McCarthy ran plays that Philbin came up with.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

ahhh the same old "no pressure to win" argument you use literally every single time, very original, so week 16 against the Jets with "no pressure to win" Moore led his team on a 21 play drive to take the lead, and won the game, so if Matt Moore WON a game vs a division rival on the last game of the season to eliminate them from any backdoor playoff shot, what does that mean for Sanchez, a QB with everything to play for last game of the season vs divison rival, vs a team with a QB with "no pressure" threw 3 interceptions including 2 to the same defensive lineman and lost the game

View attachment 8768

The Jets were already eliminated either heading into the game vs the Dolphins or during I do believe. That being said, there's no such thing as 'no-pressure' games. Matt Moore wants to remain the starting QB for this team and the best way to achieve that is to play well. A QB can't continually suck and expect to remain as the team's starter.

The Yates example just showed how absurd your logic was, and I think it did it very effectively. Sanchez didn’t win any playoff games last year, so all we really have to go by is QB rating, and Moore toasts him at that.

Back
Top Bottom