Five reason why the Dolphins will be better than the NY Jets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five reason why the Dolphins will be better than the NY Jets

Here are five reasons why the Dolphins will be better than the NY Jets in 2012: Read post: http://phinphanatic.com/2012/05/24/five-reasons-why-the-dolphins-are-better-than-the-jets/

I know it is early and this prediction is very premature but I found it to be intresting from phinphanatic.com site. Share your thoughts...

My thoughts? We're one step closer to this site becoming FinJetHeaven. Those are my thoughts.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I assumed this was a bleacher report article but it was comedic nonetheless.

better QB situation:lol: 2 guys w/ 5 career playoff wins in 5 combined seasons(4 as starters) vs. a rookie w/ potential(he could be better) and a vet who has never had any successx in this league except when his team is out of the race.

I'll give you better RB situation but it's close but to say each is better than any RB the Jets have is silly, Greene is probably the best RB on either team but you have better depth.

better offensive scheme? maybe, Philbin wasn't running those GB O's so we'll see what he can do w/o McCarthy holding his hand.

comparable defense, the #s were similar last year but you were out of the race by October. Our is better by a failr wide margin and one of the reasons is rex will be calling the D again.

Superior team character? the character that led you to 0-7? the character that has never won a playoff game(most have never seen one). I'll take the character of our team that knows how to win.

That was good for a laugh.

Using your logic, the Jets will for eternity be better than the Dolphins. Is this true? No.

How can you tell? You have to wait until it happens before altering your response. We don't know if the Dolphins will be better this year (the sensible ones don't know at least unlike your self-promoting brovado-laced opinions).

What happens if/when the Dolphins end up being better than the Jets this year? Time will tell

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

My prediction is that nyjunx will have 12-15% of all the posts in this thread.

I'll take the over on that one

Before you claim your QB helped his team reach.. check out his performance in the 09 game 14 against a dead Atlanta at home that they actually needed to win to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs....and then check out his performance against a choking SD team which lost the game more so than your team winning it. If that's helping your team, you have a very low standard :idk: I realistically cannot think of 5 teams that would trade who they've got for Sanchez - if that. IMO that makes him a top 26 echelon QB, not a top 10 fersure.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I call that the "Drunken Joe" standard of excellence. Remember, they all lionize Namath and his career stats are just about as bad.

Atlanta was playing hard to get over .500, doing so meant for the first time in their history they'd have back to back .500 seasons.

It was a cold, windy day which affected both offenses.

If you don't think he played well at SD that tells me you don't have a clue what you were watching.

GP

CMP

ATT

CMP%

YDS

AVG

TD

LNG

INT

FUM

RAT
Career 47 782 1,414 55.3 9,209 6.51 55 74 51 17 73.2

a career 55% completion percentage, 4 more career TD's than INTs, 17 fumbles, and a career rating of 73.2.......

I honestly dont understand how anyone can defend that, especially for a traded up for 5th overall pick

ill take a guess though...... "back to back AFC Championship game LOSSES" "4 playoff wins on the road" "the O-Line was bad it wasnt his fault" "it was all Shotty's fault" (how dare we ask the #5 overall pick to pass more than 25 times a game!!!)

It's a good thinhg we understand this game better than to just cite fantasy #s.

You don't win as much as the Jets have won w/ poor QB play.

Im curious to see 6 better QBs than Eli last year.

Including postseason it's hard to say anyone had a better overall season since he ended up w/ a SB MVP trophy but based on the reg season:

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Stafford
Sanchez(just kidding:D)

I'd probably rank him 5th.

Im curious to see 6 better QBs than Eli last year.

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Ben Roethlisbrger
Peyton Manning (by default)
Mike Vick
Mark Sanchez
Matt Stafford

Four of those QBs he beat.

The top two he beat in the playoffs.

Two-time Super Bowl champion & MVP.

Clearly not elite.

1) no receivers who can get open
2) we'll see but you don't have the amount of quality starters we have
3) Coples doesn't fit our system?
4) More upside than a guy a team KNOWS it can win big w/?
5) Way better? Greene has as many 1,000 yd seasons(1) as all your RBs combined.
6) a coach who rode the coattails of Mike McCarthy. we have a coach who led his team to TWO title games in the last 3 years
7) what depth? and what about starters?

That's an il-informed, but convenient narrative for you. The Fact is that all the plays McCarthy ended up calling, both running and passing were planned and designed by Philbin. All the offensive players were responsible to Philbin who decided how to best deploy them. And perhaps the greatest QB in the league today himself in an interview has credited Philbin with much of his professional and personal development. Last I looked, that offense won a superbowl and again lit it up the next season. Bracket that against your OC who was actually demoted when Jason Garrett came in from the defacto playcaller where 66% of Dallas's very talented running and receiving offense was generated that year by Todd Haley's passing play design and player development.

Good try, but with all the other BS you sling, you really should remove the Philbin coattails rhetoric from your spin cycle. Rex Ryan was not all that in Baltimore, 3 of the 4 years he was DC Baltimore won 9, 6, 5 and 13 games before Harbaugh came in to set things straight, plus he inherited some great players as the OC more so than developing them. He's also a coach who has one legimate winning season, 1 very lucky otherwise mediocre season and 1 outright mediocre season, so you can paint him as a stud HC all you want but that doesn't mean that spin flies on this site. :idk:

6) a coach who rode the coattails of Mike McCarthy. we have a coach who led his team to TWO title games in the last 3 years

How is it rational to judge what sort of coach Philbin will be? You had no idea Rex Ryan would've done what he did the first two years. I know you claim you speak the truth but what you said is complete conjuncture.

How is it rational to judge what sort of coach Philbin will be? You had no idea Rex Ryan would've done what he did the first two years. I know you claim you speak the truth but what you said is complete conjuncture.

Well, it is Junc ...

9fwhlk-1.jpg

Atlanta was playing hard to get over .500, doing so meant for the first time in their history they'd have back to back .500 seasons.

It was a cold, windy day which affected both offenses.

If you don't think he played well at SD that tells me you don't have a clue what you were watching.

It's a good thinhg we understand this game better than to just cite fantasy #s.

You don't win as much as the Jets have won w/ poor QB play.

Including postseason it's hard to say anyone had a better overall season since he ended up w/ a SB MVP trophy but based on the reg season:

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Stafford
Sanchez(just kidding:D)

I'd probably rank him 5th.

i know i know, stats only matter if it benefits your argument, in this case it doesnt so now they are considered "fantasy #s" lol, those arent fantasy numbers those are his career stats which are BAD

and as for not winning "as many" games as the Jets won with bad QB play, you know thats not true, first off 8 games over .500 the past 3 seasons is not a lot of wins as you make it seem, 2nd Sanchez has a bad game in the playoff win over the Chargers, what you fail to mention is Rivers had a worse game which helped the Jets win, also the Jets running game and defense won that game not Sanchez, i know everyone says its aboutt the QB, but im pretty sure he is not the only one on the field,

in Sanchez rookie season when he played the Bills and threw 5ints and had an 8.3 QB Rating (lol), and the Jets still barely lost by a FG in the last minutes of OT, so are you going to spin that somehow kept the jets in that game, lets see why the Jets were in that game, as a team they rushed the ball 40 times for 318yards, their defense also allowed Fitzpatrick to throw for 115yards 1td 1int and a 51.4 QB rating, but I guess it was Sanchez and his 8.3 QB rating that kept the Jets in the game.......

Now that Seattle has signed Flynn and drafted Wilson, can anyone name 5 teams which would trade even a 3rd rounder for Sanchez with the intent of having him start? I'd say Jacksonsville for one, but IMO Henne would beat him out. AZ? although they're committed to Kolb and Skinner outplayed Sanchez?? That's about all I can think of . So much for an elite 5-7 league QB. 2fugginfunny!!

Mark Sanchez is NOT the worst quarterback in the league. For three season now he has been one of the top 30 QBs in the NFL and I expect him to again be in the 25-30 range in over all QB ratings.

Considering that this was written by someone from a Dolphin fan site, it is hard to take it seriously.

That isn't saying much considering there are only 32 starting quarterback positions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

That's an il-informed, but convenient narrative for you. The Fact is that all the plays McCarthy ended up calling, both running and passing were planned and designed by Philbin. All the offensive players were responsible to Philbin who decided how to best deploy them. And perhaps the greatest QB in the league today himself in an interview has credited Philbin with much of his professional and personal development. Last I looked, that offense won a superbowl and again lit it up the next season. Bracket that against your OC who was actually demoted when Jason Garrett came in from the defacto playcaller where 66% of Dallas's very talented running and receiving offense was generated that year by Todd Haley's passing play design and player development.

Good try, but with all the other BS you sling, you really should remove the Philbin coattails rhetoric from your spin cycle. Rex Ryan was not all that in Baltimore, 3 of the 4 years he was DC Baltimore won 9, 6, 5 and 13 games before Harbaugh came in to set things straight, plus he inherited some great players as the OC more so than developing them. He's also a coach who has one legimate winning season, 1 very lucky otherwise mediocre season and 1 outright mediocre season, so you can paint him as a stud HC all you want but that doesn't mean that spin flies on this site. :idk:

LMFAO! He did name Stafford!

:lol: :lol:

Stafford was better last year. More TDs, same # of INts, More WINs, more PPG for his O w/ less offensive weapons. I know Stafford had the best weapon but Eli has many more.

Now Joe philbin is the greatest like Tony before him, Cam before him,...

That offense won a a SB w/ elite talent and Mike McCarthy running it.

Harbaugh set it straight that's why 2 of 3 years Rex's Jets have advanced further than Jim's Ravens and the Jets beat a better Pats team in 2010 than Bal lost to last year.

I don't know, ask your buddies. Your fellow phin fan is the one that knocked rex and said how great philbin is.

i know i know, stats only matter if it benefits your argument, in this case it doesnt so now they are considered "fantasy #s" lol, those arent fantasy numbers those are his career stats which are BAD

and as for not winning "as many" games as the Jets won with bad QB play, you know thats not true, first off 8 games over .500 the past 3 seasons is not a lot of wins as you make it seem, 2nd Sanchez has a bad game in the playoff win over the Chargers, what you fail to mention is Rivers had a worse game which helped the Jets win, also the Jets running game and defense won that game not Sanchez, i know everyone says its aboutt the QB, but im pretty sure he is not the only one on the field,

in Sanchez rookie season when he played the Bills and threw 5ints and had an 8.3 QB Rating (lol), and the Jets still barely lost by a FG in the last minutes of OT, so are you going to spin that somehow kept the jets in that game, lets see why the Jets were in that game, as a team they rushed the ball 40 times for 318yards, their defense also allowed Fitzpatrick to throw for 115yards 1td 1int and a 51.4 QB rating, but I guess it was Sanchez and his 8.3 QB rating that kept the Jets in the game.......

8 games over is more than supposedly elite Eli manning is so it's pretty good.

Sanchez was key in helping the jets beat SD. The #s were not great but he made huge plays on key 3rd downs to help us win and wasn't turning it over left and right. It's not all about #s.

The Bills were awful, sanchez had a terrible game. he had 3 or 4 of those clunkers that year, it happens.

Again, I love the optimism every offseason then by midseason you are beaten down and telling me I was right only to attack me again once the offseason begins. You guys are funny.

Stafford was better last year. More TDs, same # of INts, More WINs, more PPG for his O w/ less offensive weapons. I know Stafford had the best weapon but Eli has many more.

Harbaugh set it straight that's why 2 of 3 years Rex's Jets have advanced further than Jim's Ravens and the Jets beat a better Pats team in 2010 than Bal lost to last year.

I don't know, ask your buddies. Your fellow phin fan is the one that knocked rex and said how great philbin is.

Sanchez was key in helping the jets beat SD. The #s were not great but he made huge plays on key 3rd downs to help us win and wasn't turning it over left and right. It's not all about #s.

The Bills were awful, sanchez had a terrible game. he had 3 or 4 of those clunkers that year, it happens.

Again, I love the optimism every offseason then by midseason you are beaten down and telling me I was right only to attack me again once the offseason begins. You guys are funny.

Philbin's not the greatest but it's his offense all the way that was the league's juggernaut, not McCarthy's. And Rex had 1 good year, 1 mediocre year and 1 bad-mediocre year where the **** he stepped in was so egregious that the usually plodding league uncharacteristically quickly revised their late season scheduling policies. As far as that goes, maybe I will give you credit for an 8-8 season instead of 7-7-2knees in consideration of how bad Cinci was even by the time they played game 16. But again, being outscored by starters who were trying in about 1 and 2/3rds games 45-27 including 24-0 when it counted most in last 31 minutes definitively puts a stop to any bogus claims greater than .500

Don't make Philbin out to be any less than Rex was when he came to the Jest. Actually he was probably more based on the relevency of his accomplishments including the SB win as a coordinator.

Now that Seattle has signed Flynn and drafted Wilson, can anyone name 5 teams which would trade even a 3rd rounder for Sanchez with the intent of having him start? I'd say Jacksonsville for one, but IMO Henne would beat him out. AZ? although they're committed to Kolb and Skinner outplayed Sanchez?? That's about all I can think of . So much for an elite 5-7 league QB. 2fugginfunny!!

well according to Junc he would not trade Sanchez for two 1st round picks, or straight up for Rivers or Matt Ryan

Again, I love the optimism every offseason then by midseason you are beaten down and telling me I was right only to attack me again once the offseason begins. You guys are funny.[/QUOTE]

Did i say one thing optimistic about the Dolphins in this thread? nope so dont group me along with other posts, im sure you were very optimistic going into last season coming off another AFC title game right??? how did that work out? there is always reason for optimism, im sure Browns fans are feeling optimistic right now with Weeden and Richardson, should they be optimistic? probably not with a rookie QB and rookie RB, same way im sure Bengals fans felt with a rookie QB and rookie WR last season....or as optimistic as any 49er fan going into last season with Alex Smith

Philbin's not the greatest but it's his offense all the way that was the league's juggernaut, not McCarthy's. And Rex had 1 good year, 1 mediocre year and 1 bad-mediocre year where the **** he stepped in was so egregious that the usually plodding league uncharacteristically quickly revised their late season scheduling policies. As far as that goes, maybe I will give you credit for an 8-8 season instead of 7-7-2knees in consideration of how bad Cinci was even by the time they played game 16. But again, being outscored by starters who were trying in about 1 and 2/3rds games 45-27 including 24-0 when it counted most in last 31 minutes definitively puts a stop to any bogus claims greater than .500

Don't make Philbin out to be any less than Rex was when he came to the Jest. Actually he was probably more based on the relevency of his accomplishments including the SB win as a coordinator.

so we can say Philbin will win 4 playoff games in his first 3 seasons and reach at least 2 title games?

Rex ran his defense in baltimore, he wasn't a puppet for the HC.

well according to Junc he would not trade Sanchez for two 1st round picks, or straight up for Rivers or Matt Ryan

I wouldn't, we have a QB for the next decade and those other QBs are chokers that have had more talent around them and won less in january.

Back
Top Bottom