Fixing A Hole In the Ocean- Dolphins Talent D & O | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fixing A Hole In the Ocean- Dolphins Talent D & O

A Reality Check on how many good players believe Miami has.

Dolphins defense has been substandard, unacceptable and disappointing and Dolphins agree | Schad. MIAMI GARDENS — The Dolphins are ranked 26th in scoring defense. Unacceptable. The Dolphins are ranked 27th in third-down defense and 25th in red zone defense.

Wilkins #9 DI is really good and Phillips # 6 was an elite edge. Baker #16 is a good LB and Holland will come back to be special. As far as top ranked players on D from last season on D that is all Miami has.

Hill and Waddle are elite WR's and C Williams and Hunt are very good. Add Armstead as half as he missed a third of snaps and could miss more.

That's it!!! Hard to see how that adds up to the playoffs.
I worry about RB, OL, TE, LB and CB. I’m not sure about Howard… Byron Jones has always been less than advertised. I hope Wilkins can repeat but wonder if we saw the apex. Phillips, Chubb, Holland are studs. I’m a huge Seiler fan.

You realize, of course, that is also opinion......
Of course it is and what is not opinion? The landing on the moon is opinion. I say my shirt is the color black and another says it is the absence of color and just my opinion. Tell me what, if anything, is not, in your opinion? :cool:

Of course it is and what is not opinion? The landing on the moon is opinion. I say my shirt is the color black and another says it is the absence of color and just my opinion. Tell me what, if anything, is not, in your opinion? :cool:
Things that happen are fact. interpretations of those are, guess what, an opinion. Some people have more gravity to opinions, hence becoming experts or whatever term you like, and they are not end-all be all. Knowledge cannot be gained if their isn't an opposing opinion, no matter how "incorrect" it is. Hence why flat earthers are still useful.

Since this is the center point of all the arguments, allow me to give some context to your "facts"

X played with a groin injury, probably was never better than 90%. And was still a pro bowler. i do not know what happened with Jones, anything other than him saying something about last season cannot be construed as fact other than he didnt play. Holland, yes had a "bad" year, but he was also the only fully healthy secondary member, and was asked to do alot more than what he will be this year. Ogbah only started 3 games, and played in 9. We have no projection on if he would've righted his play. There have been multiple posts explaining that Chubb made the pass rush better despite not lighting up the scoreboard. Our Oline, while still not great, was significantly better than years past. TE, esp Mike, were not featured, which was a prediction that he would be the odd man out. As others have pointed out, he limited our ability to disguise if we were running or passing, due to him being 4/10 at run blocking. RBs were streaky but better than last year. We got a decent return on our FAs, especially UDFAs and Sherfield. QB is only a question mark if you want to be pointedly against the play that Tua showed last season, which was the best we've had since Chad pennigton won CPOY, and Marino before that. Tua is himself taking measures to protect his head with practicing Judo.

Now, allow me to use a smug emoji, pretending to be a 14 year old who called someone a clown online. :cool:
X was a great Dolphins player but is no more. Last season he had one pick and defended 12 passes ranking #79 of 118 CBs including a good grade for run support. In 2021 it was 5 picks and 15 defended. In 2020 it was 10 picks and 20 defended being avoided.

I would love to see 2020 revisited but Father Time will not allow it.

X was a great Dolphins player but is no more. Last season he had one pick and defended 12 passes ranking #79 of 118 CBs including a good grade for run support. In 2021 it was 5 picks and 15 defended. In 2020 it was 10 picks and 20 defended being avoided.

"X played with a groin injury". Don't "motte and bailey" what you said, which was "X did nothing but get old". If you meant X didn't play as well, you should've said that.

Time to shut down the matter of fact. lol

Back to our Dolphins who have many issues this off season, Fact!!!

And last year?
We aren't arguing about last year. If we were, I wouldn't be worried about his play, because odds are he was targeted less as a result of 2020. Hence this thing known as "context", or Everyone everywhere would worry about players not playing as well as they did last season. Mahomes hasn't thrown 50 tds since 2018, guess he's declining right?

Facts. Sad but true. Hence the CB concern. Maybe we can use our 1 st round pick in one? Oh, wait….

We aren't arguing about last year. If we were, I wouldn't be worried about his play, because odds are he was targeted less as a result of 2020. Hence this thing known as "context", or Everyone everywhere would worry about players not playing as well as they did last season. Mahomes hasn't thrown 50 tds since 2018, guess he's declining right?
I'm not arguing at all. When a CB gets to around 29 he normally starts a downward path. X is 30.

Are you related to the former Wild Bill?

If I’ve followed correctly:
  • It’s a fact that “opinions” are opinions
  • And it’s an opinion that “facts“ are facts
No wonder my head hurts.

If I’ve followed correctly:
  • It’s a fact that “opinions” are opinions
  • And it’s an opinion that “facts“ are facts
No wonder my head hurts.
LOL It gets more complicated than that. So, take a dozen drinks and post me in the morning.

I'm not arguing at all. When a CB gets to around 29 he normally starts a downward path. X is 30.

Are you related to the former Wild Bill?
That's not what you started with, but okay.

And yeah, he's my dad.

Back
Top Bottom