Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Indicates That Rosen Is Not Ready Yet... (merged 3x)

This just appears to me that Josh Rosen is being jerked around and I don't like it. All this talk about the 2020 draft could turn out to be a fatal move for this franchise when we have IMO our franchise QB right now. I want EVERY member of this site to help me out if I'm mistaken. The last time the NFL had a great QB out of Alabama was Ken Stabler. The last time the NFL had a great QB to come out of Oregon was Dan Fouts. The ONLY QB to be successful in the NFL out of Georgia is Matthew Stafford. I am telling you all that Josh Rosen is a better QB than Herbert, Fromm or Tagovailoa.

And the last time the NFL had a great QB out of UCLA was Troy Aikman 30 years ago. An Oklahoma transfer.

Right. It's long term. We should've added an inflation clause!

It's not too late. Make it light on yourself my friend. I told you to name the amount.

Like I said, just don't run off and change your handle like the rest do when you see the direction it's headed. I'll be here. I don't leave a hot table.

No you don't get it.

I don't have an issue with Grier. If the owner or people like you want to keep Grier as GM for the next 30 years it doesn't make any difference to me. Let's just say I have a well informed take on what's going on.

See, you're like that little dog that chases cars up down the road when they drive by it's property. Your tongue has to be dragging the ground by now. You just don't know any better. But you're fixing to get run over soon.

I was the only one that said I would trade for Rosen when the very first trade for Rosen thread popped up. I think maybe Vaark was the other. It was 99% a no across the board here. But I also said I wouldn't do it for my 2nd round pick. It was a good trade on Miami's part to take the chance and recoup the 2nd rounder next year. That's what working together with the coaching staff means. It doesn't happen otherwise.

It's not about the Rosen trade. It's about people like you trying to obfuscate what's really going on and steer people wrong. Just don't try to tell me what I know and don't know. I'll do the same.

My angle never changes. To the contrary. You'll take any angle to continue obfuscating - even when Grier does tell the truth.

We've already talked about Grier and the hiring of the coaching staff. We're going to find out how good he is at facilitating success for the people he hired. We'll know soon. But he'll have to do better than Jordan Mills and Isaiah Prince in order for that to ever happen.

First of all, I think you might need to work on your chops to effectively develop original metaphor and/or simile.

:)

Second, there's a difference between providing insightful crit where it applies and simply beating the same tympani base drum over and over again.

We all know the program is a work in progress -- and I'd like to believe most reasonable fans realize Grier & Co. and Flores are not miracle workers. For sure there are needs on the roster that must be addressed -- and we certainly hope effectively. Time will tell. But for some of us we don't believe it's appropriate to make definitive judgments prematurely.

I find an inconsistency to the rationale of your core argument -- whereby you infer or directly state one thing (i.e., Flores was NOT onboard with the Rosen trade) and then alter your position while simultaneously contorting mine (i.e., as if, in any way, I inferred Grier was a liar).

I get the impression you're the type who gets his way all the time. And you seriously don't like being questioned. Of course, that's simply my take based on the exchanges I've had with you. You could be the sweetest guy on Earth for all I know. And as I've stated previously, your work and knowledge researching college players is mighty impressive.

But my core point is very simple. And easily verified by posting content. You take sniping shots at Grier consistently -- and sometimes alter facts to fit your agenda. Beyond that, as I've stated several times, I don't know why it's important to you since you're admittedly NOT a fan of the Miami Dolphins.

Have a nice day!

First of all, I think you might need to work on your chops to effectively develop original metaphor and/or simile.

:)

Second, there's a difference between providing insightful crit where it applies and simply beating the same tympani base drum over and over again.

We all know the program is a work in progress -- and I'd like to believe most reasonable fans realize Grier & Co. and Flores are not miracle workers. For sure there are needs on the roster that must be addressed -- and we certainly hope effectively. Time will tell. But for some of us we don't believe it's appropriate to make definitive judgments prematurely.

I find an inconsistency to the rationale of your core argument -- whereby you infer or directly state one thing (i.e., Flores was NOT onboard with the Rosen trade) and then alter your position while simultaneously contorting mine (i.e., as if, in any way, I inferred Grier was a liar).

I get the impression you're the type who gets his way all the time. And you seriously don't like being questioned. Of course, that's simply my take based on the exchanges I've had with you. You could be the sweetest guy on Earth for all I know. And as I've stated previously, your work and knowledge researching college players is mighty impressive.

But my core point is very simple. And easily verified by posting content. You take sniping shots at Grier consistently -- and sometimes alter facts to fit your agenda. Beyond that, as I've stated several times, I don't know why it's important to you since you're admittedly NOT a fan of the Miami Dolphins.

Have a nice day!

You beat the same drum over and over again constantly. My opinion is mine and has nothing to do with yours. I'm not going to stop posting it. I've already told you that. I don't know why you allow somebody as clueless as me have such an affect on the way you feel about things.

You make your definitive judgments when you feel appropriate to do so, and I'll make mine when I feel it's appropriate to do so. Like I said, don't try to tell me what I know or don't know.

Furthermore, you're contorting my position. I didn't say Flores was not onboard with the Rosen trade. I said that Chris Grier is responsible for the trade, and that Flores did not instruct Grier to go offer a 2nd & 5th round pick for Josh Rosen. Grier is responsible for bringing in the talent - Flores is responsible for coaching it to the best of his ability. Whether he agrees with it or not. These guys do not agree on everything.

I don't mind being questioned. If I post something there's a reason, and I try to answer all your questions. You tend to take it way more seriously than I do.

The bet is only centered around what's as definitive as each of us believes it to be. One of us is wrong. Simple as that.

<raising hand> im sure i said in the first ever josh rosen thread that i would trade a late 2 for him if we could trade back or an early 3. :-)

but im also in the same boat that im saying we shouldnt already be overlooking him for the 2020 drafft. if he shows this year he can be a top 10 QB then build around him. i dont think you ignore building around a top 10 qb to draft a POTENTIAL top 3 QB. especially when that top 3 QB is still on a team with maybe 2/5th of the way done with the offensive line.

Its also one of the reasons i said the team was every bit in the right drafting Jake Long. Had he not gotten injured in a meaningless game he prob would've been talked about as potential HOF'er in his own rights. Matt Ryan would;ve gotten killed behind the OL we had the previous year. At least with Long, Henne had all the time in the world to check down to the HB

You beat the same drum over and over again constantly. My opinion is mine and has nothing to do with yours. I'm not going to stop posting it. I've already told you that. I don't know why you allow somebody as clueless as me have such an affect on the way you feel about things.

You make your definitive judgments when you feel appropriate to do so, and I'll make mine when I feel it's appropriate to do so. Like I said, don't try to tell me what I know or don't know.

Furthermore, you're contorting my position. I didn't say Flores was not onboard with the Rosen trade. I said that Chris Grier is responsible for the trade, and that Flores did not instruct Grier to go offer a 2nd & 5th round pick for Josh Rosen. Grier is responsible for bringing in the talent - Flores is responsible for coaching it to the best of his ability. Whether he agrees with it or not. These guys do not agree on everything.

I don't mind being questioned. If I post something there's a reason, and I try to answer all your questions. You tend to take it way more seriously than I do.

The bet is only centered around what's as definitive as each of us believes it to be. One of us is wrong. Simple as that.

Someone had to say it.

Someone had to say it.

Absolutely. With all you knowledgeable posters, football savants, and quarterback groupies around here to keep it real and educate the masses - and that guy's constantly hung up on my posts about the GM.

Nothing is more pedagogic than everyone being able to watch posters like you run around quoting messages and having absolutely nothing to say.

Absolutely. With all you knowledgeable posters, football savants, and quarterback groupies around here to keep it real and educate the masses - and that guy's constantly hung up on my posts about the GM.

Nothing is more pedagogic than everyone being able to watch posters like you run around quoting messages and having absolutely nothing to say.
Pedagogic?

Now that's a word you don't see used very often.

Kudos

So many variables right now.

a) There are multiple decision-makers involved
b) We don't know how Rosen's season will play out
c) We don't know how the team's season and draft position will play out
d) We don't know how the college season and QB draft class will play out

Speculating can be fun, but banging your head against the wall of who's and wrong at this point sounds whacked.

Just curious. I'll give you Grier made the trade. Do you think he asked the advice of Flo and staff before the trade? Do you think he told them the cost (picks) before the trade? Do you think they gave an indication, at minimum, they'd accept the trade? If so, Flo et al had a number of chances to pan the trade, unless Grier is the dictator.

It would be real quiet around here without them

Back
Top Bottom