Flores is a hell of a coach & postives | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores is a hell of a coach & postives

Got find a qb if flores want to succeed..it will boil down to that in future. He should be able get dolphins back to 500..

Was is Mack Hollins that we tried those 2 deep balls to? That connection actually looked promising. Thought he was a TE at first glance

Talent bro....keep up.

You mean talent like the 2 guys we traded for first rounders to teams that are probably going to make the playoffs?

Or talent like if we could actually tank properly and then had Joe Burrow as our qb next year?

You mean talent like the 2 guys we traded for first rounders to teams that are probably going to make the playoffs?

Or talent like if we could actually tank properly and then had Joe Burrow as our qb next year?

give it up dude, get over yourself, that was months ago. Get with the program

One thing that's become apparent, the constant over turning of the roster has hurt the secondary in that there has been blown coverages from the newer players. I can't wait to see how good they'll look, once they settle on a group of DB's they've developed into the unit it sticks by.

shhh, there are posters around here accusing him of tanking
I don’t think there are any posters left who think Flores or the players are or were tanking. The front office and the owner might have been in on a tank job but they forgot to tell Flores and the players how to tank properly.

So the talent that isn't here is what matters now? Nice logic.

Yet he lost to Gase, hehe
While I was pulling for the win, hopefully by the Jets winning they will keep Gase as their HC next year, Because as long as he is the HC of the Jets they are going to continue to be a bad football team. Gase is a terrible NFL head coach and all Dolphin fans should be happy he is now coaching the Jets and not the Dolphins.
The Jets offense stinks and Darnold seems to be regressing under Gase. Greg Williams and the Jets defense
is the reason the Jets are even competitive and the reason the Jets won today.

There are a of of good signs with Flores but IMO the true test comes when players are competent and wins take on a whole new meaning. And not 3-10 considered much of an achievement due to lower standard of players talent and expectation in the basement from the start.

So next season with hopefully actual talent we can get a much better assessment of just how good Flores is. Something which IMO can't get here soon enough. But very satisfied with the job being done especially with the consideration that this is Flores's first year as a Head Coach.

I fully agree.

I am more then satisfied with the coaching staffs performance with the roster they have and how they are dealing with the players so far.

The next big test will be FA and the draft. I don't know how the staff will be involved, but I am sure it will have some degree of involvement with the FO during that time. We won't really know how well we drafted and selected FA players until the season begins and we will have seen:

1) How effective training camp was and how the players performed in training camp.

2) Who we keep on the roster and the practice squad. Over the years I've begun to see the practice squad as a real extension of our rosters depth. I say this because of all the injuries I've seen on teams I've followed and how increasingly teams need to dip into the practice squad for players. Consider that this year some teams are on their 3rd QB.

3) How well the team develops over the season. I'm sure we will have a lot of new faces and recognize that it takes time for that many players to get used to a new system and the men they play next to. I anticipate the team will need at least 3 games for the starters to get fully acclimated to the other members of their squads and those squads to begin working cohesively.

4) How well the team does this next season in terms of division standing, making the playoffs and showing competitiveness each and every game, overcoming adversity such as injuries and bad calls and past history. There is a lot more, but what I am looking for in the end is a team that functions as a team and recovers from problems as opposed to getting overwhelmed by them.

I realize that we can make great strides in one year. I also realize we may need 2 or 3 years of constant and significant improvement in all facets of our game to make it to the super bowl.

In the end, that is what I am looking for!

Back
Top Bottom