Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

The position is we’re Miami Dolphin fans and we want to field the best team which we can’t if one of our best players if not THE best player is holding out.
As a fan I want the team to pay our best player.

Trade em - not worth it…never been a big X fan - too injured…. Go get 2 firsts and move on
So a team is going to trade 2 firsts for a player not worth us resigning. Do you see the irony in your assessment?

this whole thing is frustrating.. X has the right to sit out and not get paid, the dolphins have the right to play hard ball too.. it just bothers me because X is still getting paid, i don't know, top 10 cb money (i think???) and the you would hope the thought of being in the playoffs and competing for a SB title might be important to him...
5th highest paid CB, but this is just cap hit.

Gilmore is holding out of camp too because he is not happy with $7 mil base salary.

ED58D18C-2D44-4918-83A3-EE471CD88A15.jpeg

Last edited:
So a team is going to trade 2 firsts for a player not worth us resigning. Do you see the irony in your assessment?
I doubt you can get two rd1s.

A team would also have to redo his contract, if they expect him to be happy. So thats 2 firsts + a.big contract.

Sorry but this is such BS, this dude got paid to be one of the highest paid CBs 2 years ago and he's already pulling this stunt, I hate this crap.
Just looked up the word "contract".
A written or spoken agreement, especially one concerning employment, sales, or tenancy, that is intended to be enforceable by law.

Why have a contract? Seriously?
Sorry but it's just greed and taking advantage of poor employment law.

Ramsey has also had 11 picks in his career. Howard had 10 last season alone.
During Darrelle Revis Prime he had a season with 0 ints and was a 1st team all pro, Deion Sanders was an all pro in 96 & 97 with 2 picks in each season, Nnamdi Asomugha was an all pro with 0 ints in 2010.

Point is judging CB's by how many interceptions they have is futile.

How many of those DBs on the roster have a 10 pick season? Or even 10 picks in their career? Aging? He’s still in his 20s. There are good CBs who have played at a high level until 35+.

If he says he will continue to hold out through a trade no team will trade for him. How much of a discount are you willing to take on the only non-kicker All Pro on your team because you have some high-minded notion of contracts?
I'm a creature of honor. Do you think I wanted to go to the Gulf War @19? I signed up for college tuition. But, I signed and I went and risked my life for pennies. Money isn't all their is. Do you really think I'm going to take the side of a multi-millionaire that signed on the dotted line like I did? F No! Trade him or don't. Don't pay him a dollar.

Regardless of what happens Ive lost all respect for Howard. Get him off our team.

Not upset at him wanting a new deal, teams release players under contract all the time
With that said I dont think we should give him one,
Not sure of the value we can get thought

It's not that it's not worth resigning it's that some teams will pay ransom, some won't. X, is a top CB and a Super Bowl contender would take him if he had leprosy. Trade him for a bag of hot fries. Set an example.

Trade him. "This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap". Not my words. General Patton.

How many of those DBs on the roster have a 10 pick season? Or even 10 picks in their career? Aging? He’s still in his 20s. There are good CBs who have played at a high level until 35+.

If he says he will continue to hold out through a trade no team will trade for him. How much of a discount are you willing to take on the only non-kicker All Pro on your team because you have some high-minded notion of contracts?

Yawn! Boring! TB won the SB. KC won the SB. How many INTs did their DBs have?

Back
Top Bottom