Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

That what dolphins do w there good players

He signed his damn deal just yesterday! What the hell? When he played hurt and not to par did the Dolphins ask him to take less? NO! They still
Paid him more than his performance dictated.

He had one great year after that and now he wants to hold out?

The nerve is unreal !

During Darrelle Revis Prime he had a season with 0 ints and was a 1st team all pro, Deion Sanders was an all pro in 96 & 97 with 2 picks in each season, Nnamdi Asomugha was an all pro with 0 ints in 2010.

Point is judging CB's by how many interceptions they have is futile.
Ramsey doesn’t have a lot of interceptions because opposing teams rarely throw in his area. While Howard is certainly a ball hawk in the secondary, opposing teams still continue to challenge him and they throw a lot more balls into his area than teams throw in the area Ramsey covers during a game.

X can do what he feel best for him. I am fan not owners or players

And the team best for them! Trade his A$€ get what you can and roll with the guys that want to be here and play for the contracts they signed.

Biggest disaster scenario, this draws out until just before the season they pay X he returns and pulls a hammy or groin and misses 6 weeks due to injury. I feel like this happens to holdouts. Just make the decision don’t draw it out.

This is just business. I don’t know why people are taking it so personally. When you’re at the top of your game you maximize your earning potential, because that window usually isn’t open for a player for very many years and you could be a cap casualty as soon as it’s convenient for the team to drop you.
Plus Miami could absolutely make an offer that reduces his cap hit this year and makes him more money in the long run. Let these two sides work it out. This fall nobody will be griping if he’s out there making plays.
I agree. While as a fan, I want to Dolphins to keep as many good to great players they can afford on their roster. The fan in me doesn’t want to see Howard traded to another team. The business side of me understands that once you start renegotiating a contract for one player who is already under a long term contract. You are opening it up for every player who feels he outplayed his contract the previous year to demand the team renegotiate his contract too.

I want the Dolphins to do what is best for the long term interest of the entire team. If that means signing him to a new restructured contract, letting him sit out the year, or trading him, I am good with any of these solutions.

X can do what he feel best for him. I am fan not owners or players
You already said that.
I think we all had a feeling this was going to happen. If he doesn't want to play for a top 5 CB contract...like the one he has now, then we need to move him.

Back
Top Bottom