Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

And the team best for them! Trade his A$€ get what you can and roll with the guys that want to be here and play for the contracts they signed.
If that case it going be trading lot goods players

If that case it going be trading lot goods players

Be it as it may! It’s suggest Miami is doin one hell
of a job developing them and putting them in a position to maximize.

I’ll take that!

These teams dont care about player.. if that what he want do than sit out...
Very few companies care about their employees. Because every company realizes that every single employee is replaceable. Like it or not, that’s the reality of the world we live in. So why would you expect the NFL to be any different than any other employer?

The biggest difference between NFL players and other employees in the workforce is they are paid millions of dollars to perform their job while the average man or woman attempts to get by on wages that barely meets their basic needs.

Very few companies care about their employees. Because every company realizes that every single employee is replaceable. Like it or not, that’s the reality of the world we live in. So why would you expect the NFL to be any different than any other employer?

The biggest difference between NFL players and other employees in the workforce is they are paid millions of dollars to perform their job while the average man or woman attempts to get by on wages that barely meets their basic needs.
So why u back and forth about player want get pay what he think he worth..

I said this last week and got roasted for it..... we should trade Howard now.

He will very likley never have a 10 int season again. Hes got injury history, hes almost 30 and his value will never be higher.

Now he is holding out.

Let's trade this guy and focus on 2022 and 23 where we will actually have the rebuild completed.

Too many dolphins fans think the rebuild is over, when in reality we arnt as good as KC Buf, Cle, Bal. More work needs to be done.

Get the picks, save the cap space and move on from Howard. It is time.

Not my favorite player, to put it mildly. If Howard had Jaire Alexander overall ability and dedication to go along with the ball skills, I'd have no problem paying him. Age 24 not 28. Almost without exception I'm on the side of the player. But I argued against the Reshad Jones extension for largely the same reasons, even though it was considered treasonous around here. Nobody wants to admit to it now but paying Reshad Jones was consensus and anyone arguing otherwise was treated like a fool. Jones always had limitations in his game, just like Howard. The big plays masked the limitations. Jones also was glaring as a me-first type, just like Howard. I can't shake the images of attending the Steelers game in 2019 with Howard providing little effort all game long and even less effort on vital plays like the 3rd and forever touchdown just before halftime.

If you up the ante on Xavien Howard I suggest you become an elite team and stay there. Otherwise Xavien Howard will have no trouble moping around on an 8-9 team while collecting his tens of millions and allowing premier receivers to run right past him. This is not an early '70s type where winning is all that matters. He comes from a rogue Baylor program. I never set that aspect aside. This guy didn't expect or care about titles in college and he won't expect or care now.

So why u back and forth about player want get pay what he think he worth..
I have stated I have no problem with Howard wanting more money. Yet I also understand the Dolphins expecting him to play for the contract he signed 2 years ago. Just because Howard wants more money doesn’t mean the Dolphins are going to give him what he wants.

If that means Howard ends up getting traded, so be it. If he is traded, he will likely be traded to a team that is willing to renegotiate his contract and that is what he wants. So the Dolphins would end up losing their best defensive player but he will at least get the money he feels he deserves.

Actually it doesn’t matter what any of us think about this situation between Howard and the Dolphins. It only matters whether the two sides can come to an agreement or Howard either sits out or is traded if they can’t agree. Whatever happens won’t really change my life one way or the other but it’s interesting to discuss it on this forum.

Ramsey doesn’t have a lot of interceptions because opposing teams rarely throw in his area. While Howard is certainly a ball hawk in the secondary, opposing teams still continue to challenge him and they throw a lot more balls into his area than teams throw in the area Ramsey covers during a game.
Not completely true. X man was thrown at more last season. 101 to 71. In 2018 those targets were flipped. 113 Ramsey, 63 Howard. Howard still managed 7 ints to Ramsey’s 3. Howard also boasted a lower QB rating both seasons. He also averages .4 ints per game. He is basically irreplaceable. Turnovers win football games. And ints demoralize QBs.

Not my favorite player, to put it mildly. If Howard had Jaire Alexander overall ability and dedication to go along with the ball skills, I'd have no problem paying him. Age 24 not 28. Almost without exception I'm on the side of the player. But I argued against the Reshad Jones extension for largely the same reasons, even though it was considered treasonous around here. Nobody wants to admit to it now but paying Reshad Jones was consensus and anyone arguing otherwise was treated like a fool. Jones always had limitations in his game, just like Howard. The big plays masked the limitations. Jones also was glaring as a me-first type, just like Howard. I can't shake the images of attending the Steelers game in 2019 with Howard providing little effort all game long and even less effort on vital plays like the 3rd and forever touchdown just before halftime.

If you up the ante on Xavien Howard I suggest you become an elite team and stay there. Otherwise Xavien Howard will have no trouble moping around on an 8-9 team while collecting his tens of millions and allowing premier receivers to run right past him. This is not an early '70s type where winning is all that matters. He comes from a rogue Baylor program. I never set that aspect aside. This guy didn't expect or care about titles in college and he won't expect or care now.
I tend to agree that if the Dolphins refuse to renegotiate his contract and he eventually returns to the team without a new contract, that could end up being detrimental to the entire team. He could easily become a malcontent under that situation. You would hope he would remain professional and continue to go out and perform his job to the best of his ability.

I just think that if he goes into the season and the Dolphins have not restructured his contract, that would create a major issue. Under those circumstances the only option would be to trade him and with other teams knowing the Dolphins are in a situation where they have to trade him, the less they will be willing to give up for him. Also his contract is going to limit how many teams can afford to trade for him.

The sooner this issue is resolved one way or the other will be better for Howard and the Dolphins organization going forward..

I tend to agree that if the Dolphins refuse to renegotiate his contract and he eventually returns to the team without a new contract, that could end up being detrimental to the entire team. He could easily become a malcontent under that situation. You would hope he would remain professional and continue to go out and perform his job to the best of his ability.

I just think that if he goes into the season and the Dolphins have not restructured his contract, that would create a major issue. Under those circumstances the only option who be to trade him and other teams knowing the Dolphins are in a situation where they have to trade him, the less they will be willing to give up for him. Also his contract is going to limit how many teams can afford to trade for him.

The sooner this issue is resolved one way or the other, will be better for Howard and the Dolphins organization going forward..

I sense a glitch in the Matrix in the last 4 minutes...

I doubt you can get two rd1s.

A team would also have to redo his contract, if they expect him to be happy. So thats 2 firsts + a.big contract.
That’s what teams do for great players.

Back
Top Bottom