Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

I said this last week and got roasted for it..... we should trade Howard now.

He will very likley never have a 10 int season again. Hes got injury history, hes almost 30 and his value will never be higher.

Now he is holding out.

Let's trade this guy and focus on 2022 and 23 where we will actually have the rebuild completed.

Too many dolphins fans think the rebuild is over, when in reality we arnt as good as KC Buf, Cle, Bal. More work needs to be done.

Get the picks, save the cap space and move on from Howard. It is time.
X is making top 5 money for a CB on a contract he signed 2 yrs ago.. it's not like he isn't already making top $$.. hopefully iggy is ready and we can get another tunsil type trade.
i want players who actually put winning first. Yeah Yeah i know it's a business and i realize that but it's not like he is grossly underpaid. the problem is Jones is overpaid

Where has he said it's because he isn't the highest paid on the team? He may want to be the highest-paid CB period and with Gilmore holding out for more I imagine he will want around what Gilmore is making/wanting to make or something around the value of Ramsey contract.
The dolphins already made him the highest paid CB in the NFL once, when they inked his extension.If he wanted to be the highest paid CB in the NFL every year he should have negotiated a one year deal, unfortunately that sword cuts both ways which is why he didn't...

“According to a source, Howard is unhappy about being paid less than Dolphins cornerback Byron Jones, who had two interceptions last season compared with Howard’s 10,” wrote Barry Jackson, Adam Beasley and Armando Salguero.

If he's unhappy with Byron being the highest paid defender on the Dolphins I don't think it's a stretch to say X wants to be the highest paid player on the Dolphins. Which is why X hired a new agent last winter and not this spring.

Wait. What?

Did something happen while I was sleeping? Where has it been reported that he wants more money, not just more guaranteed money?
I've heard he wants more money. Can't give you sources. I'll admit could be legit, from this board, or in my mind.

If all he wants is more guarenteed, then I don't see this being a problem.

how is that different that cutting players on contracts the team signed ???
because players know this can happen and that is why they want up front bonus money.. many times players know that they will never see the last years of their contracts

So if X gets a new contract and has 11 interceptions this year does he hold out again next year?........rinse and repeat.
You're acting as if you don't know the specifics of his current contract. There is no G money years 3, 4 and 5. Only around 28M is guaranteed. It was always intended to be reworked after year 2. X is just pushing early because of the season he had last year.
Edit: everyone hung up on the total contract needs to focus on the guaranteed money!

Absurd.

2 options for me. Trade him or let him sit it out. Absolutely no way do I renegotiate his contract.

If he gets another injury and misses significant time will the Dolphins be able to say it's time to renegotiate?

Time to move on. Unless he signs a complete performance based year by year contract.

Sure, 17 games played and 10 ints, you get your money let's say 16 million a year for arguments sake. However, every int under 10 and every missed game is 500,000 less that year. So you miss 5 games and get 5 Ints you make 11 million. Whatcha say Howard?

Stop crying and honor your contract u just signed.

Last edited:
You don't need to feel anything. Your not involved in his life. But it is time for you to realize how the world works.

Cry me a river. The guy could get injured the first play of the season and not play another down the rest of the season and won't miss a paycheck. That's the real world? Maybe yours but in my world if you don't go to work you don't still keep cashing paychecks. That's a pretty sweet deal.
Why are you acting like he's being treated anything other than fairly?

Cry me a river. The guy could get injured the first play of the season and not play another down the rest of the season and won't miss a paycheck. That's the real world? Maybe yours but in my world if you don't go to work you don't still keep cashing paychecks. That's a pretty sweet deal.
Why are you acting like he's being treated anything other than fairly?
Workman's Comp

Back
Top Bottom