Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

Truly great players tend to be tolerated... for awhile, but the guys with the most negative personalities usually end up bouncing around their last few years in the league, and then being forced to retire a year or two early because no one wants to deal with them.

If you look at X, it isn't just the me, me, me personality... there was the arrest involving his girlfriend (which was dropped because it is likely that she attacked him for buying another woman a purse), and the situation with the shooting involving his former agent... the injuries... It's a lot to swallow unless he continues to be THE best.

Especially this regime with it's "team first" type of mentality.

Granted X is a talented player. But i don't see this regime putting up with too much of that for too long. Especially this early in the offseason where they can decide to be done with X and allow someone to battle it out for #2 during training camp.

You can't be Flo and Boyer and run this type of defense with this many players in the secondary and be crippled if a guy is missing.

Especially this regime with it's "team first" type of mentality.

Granted X is a talented player. But i don't see this regime putting up with too much of that for too long. Especially this early in the offseason where they can decide to be done with X and allow someone to battle it out for #2 during training camp.

You can't be Flo and Boyer and run this type of defense with this many players in the secondary and be crippled if a guy is missing.
Yep... In order to establish the culture that we all love, we will have to jettison a few good players along the way.

There are always going to be fans who stick up for these selfish malcontents... and I wonder, do they identify with these guys? Are, they too, a workplace poison?

Football is a business yes, but it is also a team sport and once you are extremely well paid, do you really need to whine about getting even more? To me, this is a major character flaw.

Honestly, I'd rather they trade him. Not like we don't have 4 other prospects at corner. We wouldn't be as lethal, but we'd be fine.

Honestly, I'd rather they trade him. Not like we don't have 4 other prospects at corner. We wouldn't be as lethal, but we'd be fine.

Exactly! Something has to give between X and Jones. You can't possibly pay them both top dollar at their position. Not to mention why the hell did you draft Noah if not to take over that #2 position?

So a team is going to trade 2 firsts for a player not worth us resigning. Do you see the irony in your assessment?
Yeah bc lots of teams - including or especially the pre Flores Dolphins overpaid all over the ****ing place….see the Houston Texans - Washington Deadskins - the Las Vegas boneheads - X is an injury magnet like when your when your gets smashed and hurts like hell and somehow it’s a magnet for **** you drop on it like your phone!!!!get rid of him!!!Bye Bye!!!!

The Dolphins made a strategic error paying Byron Jones more than X…I believe he should fulfill his contract…but This could have been avoided I think!

X did not report to mandatory camp today. He is officially holding out. Ogbah has rumor that he wants to redo his contract.
Do you think it has something to do with 13 mil fat deal given to Baker?

Last edited:
X did not report to mandatory camp today. He is officially holding out. Ogbah has rumor that he wants tobredo his contract.
Do you think it has something to do with 13 mil fat deal given to Baker?
I am confident Miami will not tobredo Ogbah’s contract.

I think it has to do with them wanting more money.

I honestly think he's just making a statement by no showing. Dude is a bona-fide game changer. I think he'll show up in last camps or get some detention suspension a couple weeks and NEXT year when there's more cap space he'll get his just deserves. He might demand a metric ton of money but I'd rather home-raised Miami talent stay as long as he keeps his pace and stays on the field. In today's NFL elite CBS are hard to come by and harder to keep because of the passing league we live in.

Back in my day X was gonna to give it to you.

Now it seems X won’t give it to you until you pay him. Times have changed.
Put you in his shoes, you see an average LB in your team getting 13 mil. And you are the most impactful player in the defense and get pay much less, would you be happy?

Last edited:
If Watson gets cleared tomorrow... the Dolphins look much different by this Friday.

Back
Top Bottom