Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

If we could trade X for a 1st and second rounder, I would do it.
The best offer we would get from any team would be a late 1st. Which is a toss up whether you take it or not. There is zero teams in the NFL offering a 1st and 2nd for an injury with very spotty injury history.

It's a cultural thing... so many people think the 'looking out for number one' motto is an admirable thing rather than the embarrassing idea that past generations were more apt to see.

Teamwork? stupid.
Sacrifice? ridiculous.

Grab all you can get baby, never mind who it hurts, ya gotta look out for number one.

...and X's situation isn't like a real world situation where if one employee gets more money, the business raises prices or takes less profits. Due to the salary cap and how it is DIRECTLY related to how much the NFL generates as a whole, when one player gets more money, it comes out of the pockets of the remaining players on the team...

So X's own teammates realize what he is doing. He is ducking camp, selfishly trying to take an even larger percentage of the money that all of them earn together. He is the very definition of selfish... and they know it. Guys like this are a cancer to team harmony and a happy locker room.

He can back down still... but I really don't think he has the capacity to do it.

How do you know what his motive is? The dude is ELITE and has barely any guaranteed money. He needs security and now is the time to demand it. THIS IS BUSINESS.

Of course, you're a fan of the team first not the player - like all of us should be - so we want the player to back down... but he's not this CANCER you're speaking of... mentoring Iggy, working hard on the field, the coaches like him and Flores praises him... the dude's contract is not great (which was correctly put together because of his injury history), but after the year he had, it is a *smart business decision* for him to try and leverage more guaranteed money. I'd love for Howard to not get any change to his contract cause if he does get injured, the team would have an out. But that would suck for Howard. But the team can move on. I have no problem with how he is playing this from his perspective.

Did he come out and say he wants his deal changed or to be the highest paid CB? Flores said he wants to renegotiate, but do we know exactly what is being asked? Is there a link to it? Would love to see this.

What we do know is his current contract has very little guaranteed beyond this year - he'd be crazy to not try and get that addressed... he'd be crazy to not try and get more guaranteed money god forbid he does get injured again. He is looking out for his damn LIVELIHOOD. Get your head out of your ass calling the dude a cancer when we don't know what's actually going on.

That's not happening. The best you can do for X is a 2nd rounder at this stage.
I’m hoping we don’t trade him but this whole thing doesn’t smell right. Miami might be getting ready to trade x & Tua plus a first round pick for Watson or Rodgers. I’m thinking Watson is their target.

I’m hoping we don’t trade him but this whole thing doesn’t smell right. Miami might be getting ready to trade x & Tua plus a first round pick for Watson or Rodgers. I’m thinking Watson is their target.

Watson? Yeah! I'm not one of those on that wagon.

Tua's my guy and i firmly believe the Dolphins guy too headed into the season.

Trading Tua and whatever else for Watson (with all the bring good and bad), IMO, Would completely undermine so much of what this front office has worked to established.

Watson? Yeah! I'm not one of those on that wagon.

Tua's my guy and i firmly believe the Dolphins guy too headed into the season.
I’m with you , I love Tua but why the x thing now. He could of tried to renegotiate months ago. Timing just doesn’t seem right. Maybe I’m overthinking this.

I’d restructure his pay, offer more guaranteed money taken from his performance money. If he still wants a bigger combined guaranteed/performance pot, effectively holding out for a pay rise then I’d trade him.
Contracts are meaningless in the NFL (on both sides) whatever he agrees today we could be going through all this again in a year or two

Fine him because he just signed a contract, he wouldn't want anyone to bell out on a contract with him. I don't get it.

How do you know what his motive is? The dude is ELITE and has barely any guaranteed money. He needs security and now is the time to demand it. THIS IS BUSINESS.

Of course, you're a fan of the team first not the player - like all of us should be - so we want the player to back down... but he's not this CANCER you're speaking of... mentoring Iggy, working hard on the field, the coaches like him and Flores praises him... the dude's contract is not great (which was correctly put together because of his injury history), but after the year he had, it is a *smart business decision* for him to try and leverage more guaranteed money. I'd love for Howard to not get any change to his contract cause if he does get injured, the team would have an out. But that would suck for Howard. But the team can move on. I have no problem with how he is playing this from his perspective.

Did he come out and say he wants his deal changed or to be the highest paid CB? Flores said he wants to renegotiate, but do we know exactly what is being asked? Is there a link to it? Would love to see this.

What we do know is his current contract has very little guaranteed beyond this year - he'd be crazy to not try and get that addressed... he'd be crazy to not try and get more guaranteed money god forbid he does get injured again. He is looking out for his damn LIVELIHOOD. Get your head out of your *** calling the dude a cancer when we don't know what's actually going on.
HE SIGNED HIS CONTRACT....

I have no problem if he doesn't want to play...but I also have no problem if the team hardballs him.

Hes doing what players do. Now we'll see if team does what employers do.

Does anyone think he would play on his current contract next year with no guaranteed money?
Does any pro bowler play with no guarantee money?

Back
Top Bottom