Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

I don’t understand why so many fans drastically undervalue our own players and drastically overvalue other team’s players. Except for when it comes to trades. Lol

X statistically wins more games single handedly than any defensive player in the league. He should be the highest paid player on the team and they should guarantee him more money through the end of his contract.

I feel like it’s our mistake. We currently have it structured as though Byron Jones is the focal point of our defense and X is the complimentary guy we can let go of and replace next season no problem. We just need to tweak it. Replace Jones in 2 years with Iggy and hopefully Iggy’s stepping into that top spot so X is only our complimentary guy when we replace him.

Has nothing to do with undervaluing our own players. The highest paid player at a position always comes the very next year, if not later that same year, even if said player is not better. I don't agree with it but it's just how it seems to be many times.

If you set a precedence with redoing a long-term deal after one year, you are opening yourself up to have every other player expect the same. That's not the kind of business i would be into running if i was at the helm. I'm not, so my opinion is simply that of a meaningless fan.

On the business argument, X was incredible last year. It was a career year and quite the campaign to build a value-based argument. On the opposite side of the argument, he played in 53% of the games over the 2 prior years and there is the knee question that only those within the program know the extent of. If he plays lights out again, showing healthy and elite play over 2 consecutive years, then maybe he has an argument. But he's 1 year into a 5 year deal, paying $15M/per - which is still Top6 and close to his overall CB ranking (i'd rank him 3rd best right now behind Ramsey and Alexander). If Jones wasn't on this roster, would his contract be an issue?

It's mini camp.

Training camp is 6 weeks away.

I'll be perturbed if this is still going on then.

No thanks. Ship him off. I don't think we are that sort of team with "me first"?
What would the Pats do?
the championship pats or the brady-less desperate 2021 pats?

i don't think i know that team any more.

their top cornerback is holding out (Gilmore), i would not trade X for him (X is better).

so you will get to see "what the Pats do" with a lesser player, doing the same thing.

the championship pats or the brady-less desperate 2021 pats?

i don't think i know that team any more.

their top cornerback is holding out (Gilmore), i would not trade X for him (X is better).

so you will get to see "what the Pats do" with a lesser player, doing the same thing.
Either. BB don't put up with that ****.

Back
Top Bottom