Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

The best answer might be giving X an extension that pays lower this year cap wise but gets him more in the future. Then move on from Jones after this year.

I want X there for leadership role. I 100% understand his need to hold out. Those that post any crap about players hold out when wanting more simply don't understand anything about business. A contract ISN'T a contract unless it's 100% guaranteed. Until the NFL moves to that, then these situations are going to increase in number. We can cut X right now and not pay his full contract. Lol there even posters here ready to trade him now...so I guess so much for his contract?
Those provisions are PART of that contract.

What I would like to know is how X is getting and keeping himself in football shape if he is going to be missing camp. I think his play is deserving to be the top paid CB, but not if he hasn’t done everything in his power to be ready to play.
get on his IG! lol

it's a 1 week minicamp. hopefully he won't be missing much (if at all) actual training camp.

And the owners know that contracts are not guaranteed, use it to thier advantage. They know this when the player signs. So why is it different for players. If X sucked, you would all be calling to cut him and save cap space....hmmm....

You are claiming that those provisions justify holding out...

I am pointing out that the players agree to these provisions when they sign that contract... therefore, the provisions do NOT justify holding out-- legally or morally.
So is the contract for the whole of the contract or just the guaranteed part?

You last sentence is so over the top I have no comment for it at this time...

X definitely doesn't need mini camp.

i'd actually prefer to see Noah get all his snaps (he needs it).

please get his contract situation resolved before preseason game two (at the latest)!
He doesn't need it but the team does need him there for his leadership

So is the contract for the whole of the contract or just the guaranteed part?

You last sentence is so over the top I have no comment for it at this time...
The entire contract... and all of the provisions are agreed to by both sides.

Back
Top Bottom