Flores Post Game PC | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Post Game PC

To hell with the roster deficiencies. That was as unprepared and undisciplined a team as we have ever fielded in my memory. I sure got some confidence though in Baker and X bc if you can still produce surrounded by that dumpster fire we saw Sunday then in my book you are a bonafide stud.

By the end of the year, if this guy can turn this pile of turd flies into even a remotely competitive team.....win or lose I think he's showing progress we want to see. I'm not quite as disgusted as some bc I truly expected to lose bad (albeit, not THAT bad).

Nobody has ever lost by 40+ every game have they?? So we've got nowhere to go but up.

Hard to believe people have already turned on him. I knew we were going to be bad. But this team needed a real rebuilt and it's going to suck this year. I'll wait at least till the middle of the season to see how the young players are doing....lol

Both things can be simultaneously true... A tank is necessary, and Flores isn't the right person for the job long term. But hey, until then - tank away!

Out of all of the horrific things that happened vs. the Ravens, I think the only one that really widened my eyes was when Flores called the 2 timeouts inside of 2 minutes to stop the clock when Baltimore was inside our 40. All I could rationalize was that he was doing it to send a message to his team - "you give me this kind of effort, I'll extend the game on you". It appears he is stating he wanted another offensive series now... really dude? Down 50? Yes, reps are great, but not in that moment. Those time outs instantly made me question this guy. If it would have been because of what I theorized, I would have respected it more. This honestly sounded like someone who didn't have any idea how sports work. You never, ever call those time outs in that situation. I actually felt bad for the commentators who were also trying to figure it out. I wonder what Harbaugh was thinking....just crazy.

Still want know what exactly Minkah did with coach's wife, because something happened. Obviously.

I dont have any issues with him otherwise. I support the tank. He's single handedly ruining that kid though.

1st off, if you, classify having a horrible record tanking, then you might be right, but if you believe Miami will have the worst or close to the worst record...this team is not tanking (Or at least, still need more evidence before believing that).

Ravens areva tough team to evaluate how bad Miami will be, because for John Harbaugh, crushing (not beating) Miami is a personal bit of enjoyment for him.

Nobody is expecting Miami to go to the playoffs, or win the division, but to think Miami will have THE worst record at this point us pretty premature...

With Rosen, Miami should be better... The way the line was linedup, and played together was actually the 1st time, in time they will get a bit better. The Defense is a work in progress, even the Patriot's defense last year started bad, and got better (And Miami is not the Patriots...at least not close yet), and this is a very young coaching staff that lost a huge helping hand and mentor in Caldwell, so they are not in sink or swim mode with some talent taken aeay from them.

Remember, either way this season goes, Miami wins...

1. Miami looks Mediocre at the end of the season...Miami Probably found their starting QB, with some other good talent, and will be going into the next 2 years with a whole mess of pick, without having to worry about QB.

2. Miami falls on their face in epic style...Next few years Miami will be loaded in the draft, could fix, QB, both sides of the line, and still have enough to fix other areas with early picks.

Out of all of the horrific things that happened vs. the Ravens, I think the only one that really widened my eyes was when Flores called the 2 timeouts inside of 2 minutes to stop the clock when Baltimore was inside our 40. All I could rationalize was that he was doing it to send a message to his team - "you give me this kind of effort, I'll extend the game on you". It appears he is stating he wanted another offensive series now... really dude? Down 50? Yes, reps are great, but not in that moment. Those time outs instantly made me question this guy. If it would have been because of what I theorized, I would have respected it more. This honestly sounded like someone who didn't have any idea how sports work. You never, ever call those time outs in that situation. I actually felt bad for the commentators who were also trying to figure it out. I wonder what Harbaugh was thinking....just crazy.
Ravens sidelines were laughing too :lol:

I just figured we looked like a 4th string preseason team, he was just going with the "Flo" and trying to get reps anyway he could even if it was against a celebrating opponents "I don't give a damn" defense.

For those who haven't, I submit to you all to read Jimmy Johnson's book 'Turning The Thing Around'. It will provide you with really good insight on his thoughts during his first godawful year (1-15 record) in 1989 as coach of the Cowboys. They had some awful games as well. Their first game of the season was 28-0...with two more scoreless losses to follow.

Most of our staff have never called plays! I expect the staff as well as the players to improve from such a horrible first game.

For those who haven't, I submit to you all to read Jimmy Johnson's book 'Turning The Thing Around'. It will provide you with really good insight on his thoughts during his first godawful year (1-15 record) in 1989 as coach of the Cowboys. They had some awful games as well. Their first game of the season was 28-0...with two more scoreless losses to follow.

The difference is that JJ was a national championship winning HC. People, including players, knew he knew how to compete at a high level as HC.

Flores was a position coach until last year. It will be a much tougher sell.

I’m not as dismayed at this press conference as many seem to be. In reality, what could he possibly say to make that loss any prettier? He threw himself under the bus, and rightfully so. Just don’t see all the cause to bash his PC.

Flores would not have been my pick as a rebuilding HC, as he has no real veteran experience and is from the BB tree which has yet to supply a decent HC. Still, I am willing to give him a shot, but that game did not instill confidence at all. I don’t expect victories, but I do expect a reduction in mental errors, penalties and a return to sound football fundamentals. I don’t expect the best unit on the team with the only real remaining veteran talent to suddenly forget how to play the game.

If Flores can start cleaning things up, I will be more optimistic that he can handle the rebuild, but I am not going to just give him a free pass because we are rebuilding. Flores needs to show something this year, too.

Well... he looked shell-shocked and underprepared, and this added to the stories that suggest a revolt in the locker room and a belief that Flores is a fraud...

It isn't a good look.

The difference is that JJ was a national championship winning HC. People, including players, knew he knew how to compete at a high level as HC.

Flores was a position coach until last year. It will be a much tougher sell.

National championship wins don't mean much at the NFL level. I'd counter that with what Flores has been a part of under BB. I'm sure there have been more than enough players and coaches who have attested to his competency at every position he held while with the Patriots.

National championship wins don't mean much at the NFL level. I'd counter that with what Flores has been a part of under BB. I'm sure there have been more than enough players and coaches who have attested to his competency at every position he held while with the Patriots.

Literally every single BB assistant has been a failure as HC. Why would that instill any kind of confidence in their abilities?

Being a former successful HEAD COACH is much more valuable than being a successful assistant coach coming into a HC job.

HC requires an entirely different skill set than a coordinator or position coach.

Literally every single BB assistant has been a failure as HC. Why would that instill any kind of confidence in their abilities?

Being a former successful HEAD COACH is much more valuable than being a successful assistant coach coming into a HC job.

HC requires an entirely different skill set than a coordinator or position coach.

Perhaps being a former 'successful' head coach and by successful I assume you mean one that has won a super bowl or two, maybe that is more valuable than being a successful assistant coach. You might be right. But assistants gotta come from somewhere don't they? Where was that successful head coach at prior to winning the super bowl? Was he ushered into that HC job or was he also an assistant at some point in his career?

Still want know what exactly Minkah did with coach's wife, because something happened. Obviously.

I dont have any issues with him otherwise. I support the tank. He's single handedly ruining that kid though.

Flores said it was a planned rotation with Fitz/Jones/Aikens, but I don't like it or buy it. Minkah has been misused since he's been here and its unfortunate that Flores isn't the guy to fix it. I thought he was going to at least make the obvious fixes Matt Burke and Gase never could, so far i'm not seeing it.

So far, Flo's only use is securing the #1 pick.

Back
Top Bottom