Flores to Now Sue The Texans | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores to Now Sue The Texans

…..for retaliation against him, by not hiring him.

Fcuk me, Flores is Chernobyl-level toxic. May he never work in the NFL again.

“Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores will reportedly alter his lawsuit against the NFL, Dolphins, Denver Broncos and New York Giants to include a retaliation claim against the Houston Texans for not hiring him, according to ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio.

Flores was reportedly a finalist for the Texans' head coaching position, but the franchise opted to hire defensive coordinator Lovie Smith instead.

Florio writes:

"Common sense suggests that the Texans realized they couldn’t hire unproven and inexperienced Josh McCown, and they wouldn’t hire Flores. Smith became the compromise candidate, arguably thrown into the mix late to allow the Texans to avoid hiring Flores."”

Sounds like a very bruised ego and he rather go the race card than accept maybe owners think he might be hard to work with like reported he was in miami. Sounds like entitlement to me, plus if the texans were so against him, they would have never had him as a finalist. Rooney rule has minority interviews mandatory, but they don't have it where it has to be in top 3 guys left to pick. If texans were treating him as a quota then he'd be interviewed and done with. They took him seriously thus being a finalist, they don't do that to simply fill in rooney rule.

…..for retaliation against him, by not hiring him.

Fcuk me, Flores is Chernobyl-level toxic. May he never work in the NFL again.

“Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores will reportedly alter his lawsuit against the NFL, Dolphins, Denver Broncos and New York Giants to include a retaliation claim against the Houston Texans for not hiring him, according to ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio.

Flores was reportedly a finalist for the Texans' head coaching position, but the franchise opted to hire defensive coordinator Lovie Smith instead.

Florio writes:

"Common sense suggests that the Texans realized they couldn’t hire unproven and inexperienced Josh McCown, and they wouldn’t hire Flores. Smith became the compromise candidate, arguably thrown into the mix late to allow the Texans to avoid hiring Flores."”

Good for him. Flores knew when he filed his lawsuit that he would never coach in the NFL again. He knows this is going to happen, and he is doing it for a good cause: to shed some light on the NFL's hiring practices. He's standing up for those who are afraid to speak, so he's falling on the sword. Having said that, I think his issue with the Texans is valid. Flores' only mistake was filing his lawsuit too early, in my opinion. If he had waited, Josh McCown would now be the Texans' head coach. Why did we not learn that Lovy Smith was a finalist until after the lawsuit was filed if he was a candidate all along?

If the case proceeds to court, the Texans must show internal communications that Lovy was a candidate and provide a reason why other NFL teams were unaware of his eligibility to interview. Based on his relationship with Cesario and Easterby, Flores is the ideal coach for the Texans given that he shares the Patriots' vision. Since the Giants hired Schoen, who was the assistant GM at Buffalo, that paved the way for Daboll, who was familiar with him so that hiring made sense. I kinda hope it goes to a jury because I'm curious to see internal communication in regards to coaching hires.

The last time NFL communications became public, a coach got fired and he had nothing to do with it. Also, until Flores filed his suit, no minority coach in NFL history has ever replaced another minority coach. McDaniel replaced Flores and L Smith replaced Culley. Up until two weeks ago, it has never ever happened in the NFL. Can anyone explain that? Y'all may not like Flores, but he's pretty much in survival mode and doing what he needs to do.

Interview me, and I'll sue you for not hiring me (and for racism if you hire a white guy!). Don't interview me, and I'll sue you for not interviewing me. Hire me, and later fire me, I'll sue you for firing me.

If the case proceeds to court, the Texans must show internal communications that Lovy was a candidate and provide a reason why other NFL teams were unaware of his eligibility to interview. Based on his relationship with Cesario and Easterby, Flores is the ideal coach for the Texans given that he shares the Patriots' vision. Since the Giants hired Schoen, who was the assistant GM at Buffalo, that paved the way for Daboll, who was familiar with him so that hiring made sense. I kinda hope it goes to a jury because I'm curious to see internal communication in regards to coaching hires.

You’d have to hope the Texans did their legal bit thoroughly.
Either way how could any team hire him, he is suing each and every one of them in the class action.
Texans GM in a call to Flo.
“ Hi Flo, we liked you as a HC but you are suing us so we can’t hire you and we have a strange feeling we won’t have your undivided attention.
Flo
“I’ll sue you”
Texans GM
“There’s a surprise”

Either way how could any team hire him, he is suing each and every one of them in the class action.
“ Hi Flo, we liked you as a HC but you are suing us so we can’t hire you and we have a strange feeling we won’t have your undivided attention.
Flo
“I’ll sue you”
Texans GM
“There’s a surprise”
In my previous post, I said if Lovie Smith were a candidate, other teams should have been aware of it. In Giant's case, he felt that the interview wasn't genuine because of the text message he received from Belichick. But as usual, most people are asking the wrong question. We should ask why Belichick texted Daboll three days before the interview to congratulate him. The evidence provided by Flores backed his story, but for some strange reason, he is at fault.

Good for him. Flores knew when he filed his lawsuit that he would never coach in the NFL again. He knows this is going to happen, and he is doing it for a good cause: to shed some light on the NFL's hiring practices. He's standing up for those who are afraid to speak, so he's falling on the sword. Having said that, I think his issue with the Texans is valid. Flores' only mistake was filing his lawsuit too early, in my opinion. If he had waited, Josh McCown would now be the Texans' head coach. Why did we not learn that Lovy Smith was a finalist until after the lawsuit was filed if he was a candidate all along?

The last time NFL communications became public, a coach got fired and he had nothing to do with it. Also, until Flores filed his suit, no minority coach in NFL history has ever replaced another minority coach. McDaniel replaced Flores and L Smith replaced Culley. Up until two weeks ago, it has never ever happened in the NFL. Can anyone explain that? Y'all may not like Flores, but he's pretty much in survival mode and doing what he needs to do.
The Texans are a privately owned company and they can hire whoever they want to, to be their teams head coach.
Hopefully if this does end up in court, the jury will tell Flores he doesn’t have a case and Ross and the teams Flores has slandered will sue him for every dollar he has.

Flo
“I’ll sue you”
Texans GM
“There’s a surprise”

Makes me wonder if "fear of litigation" is a legitimate reason to pass on an employee. It should be.

Back
Top Bottom