****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

Gator player tells FSU they don't have enough players on the field -

Signing day in the books.

Not a bad class considering the way the season turned out most likely cost the Noles a number of commits. The biggest thing that hurts is not landing a QB for the second straight year. That room is just going to be two guys talking.

We brought in 3 OL which two should have a pretty good shot to start as a freshman. LBs and CBs were hit hard which were two units that needed an upgrade.

Honestly, my expectations are low going forward. I love a lot of things Taggart does, but he needs to get things going on the field. An 8-9 win season this year could be big going forward. I know that this slow build has been in MO at each stop, but I'm not sure he will last if things are not getting better.

I was one of the people calling for Taggart's job early in the season, but then realized he needs some time. I do think he needs to take a step forward this year and AT LEAST go .500, but I do agree that an 8 win season would be a good starting point to get the fanbase back on his side. I'm not a big fan of James Blackmon, so I'm hoping he doesn't have to throw that much.

Signing day in the books.

Not a bad class considering the way the season turned out most likely cost the Noles a number of commits. The biggest thing that hurts is not landing a QB for the second straight year. That room is just going to be two guys talking.

We brought in 3 OL which two should have a pretty good shot to start as a freshman. LBs and CBs were hit hard which were two units that needed an upgrade.

Honestly, my expectations are low going forward. I love a lot of things Taggart does, but he needs to get things going on the field. An 8-9 win season this year could be big going forward. I know that this slow build has been in MO at each stop, but I'm not sure he will last if things are not getting better.

I was one of the people calling for Taggart's job early in the season, but then realized he needs some time. I do think he needs to take a step forward this year and AT LEAST go .500, but I do agree that an 8 win season would be a good starting point to get the fanbase back on his side. I'm not a big fan of James Blackmon, so I'm hoping he doesn't have to throw that much.

Outside of a QB, our class was about all we could hope for considering the disaster that was last season. I think our biggest addition this year is Kendal Briles as OC. Though I'm not a huge fan of the spread offense, he's about the best at executing it. He also runs the ball a lot. I expect significant improvements on both sides of the ball and agree that an 8 or 9 win season would put us right back on track to contend. We already have a good QB commit for next year so we just need to survive this year. Blackman is solid, if not spectacular, and Akers was a HS standout QB so expect the wildcat. Briles has run it quite effectively in the past.

Outside of a QB, our class was about all we could hope for considering the disaster that was last season. I think our biggest addition this year is Kendal Briles as OC. Though I'm not a huge fan of the spread offense, he's about the best at executing it. He also runs the ball a lot. I expect significant improvements on both sides of the ball and agree that an 8 or 9 win season would put us right back on track to contend. We already have a good QB commit for next year so we just need to survive this year. Blackman is solid, if not spectacular, and Akers was a HS standout QB so expect the wildcat. Briles has run it quite effectively in the past.

I expect to run the ball a lot. Besides Akers, Laborn should be back as well and he s as talented as Akers is.

I also misspoke as we signed a Juco lineman as well and have brought in 5 o-lineman. The guard out of IMG should start, that kid is nasty.

So, I think it helps going into the season with lower expectations. Briles was a great hire (Willie should not be calling plays) and while I think Francois is a more talented QB, I think the players and coaches like Blackman way more. He's also a much better person and from what I understand, a better leader. Cam Akers may be the more celebrated RB going into the season, I think Laborn is going to be the better back...more natural and better vision.

Defense will be young...the best players look like JR. Big Marv Wilson, Soph Asante Samuals, Soph Woodbey, and FR LB McRae.

I'm looking for a solid season, and a Bowl Birth to feel like we are headed int he right direction.

Helton is an interesting player...little 3 star WR, not big, but he always seems open. I expect him to get some touches this year,

Back
Top Bottom