****Florida State Seminoles Football**** | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Florida State Seminoles Football****

Portnoy just doesn't care. Rumors Barstool paid the kid $2 million. Marketing budget. :D

I'm a Noles fan and it's just 'whatever' to me. Yes, sucks losing the #1 overall player, but it's not like he was going to come in and provide pass protection...

I'm a Noles fan and it's just 'whatever' to me. Yes, sucks losing the #1 overall player, but it's not like he was going to come in and provide pass protection...

Which is the proper way to feel about it and the proper reaction. I'm extremely pleased for Coach Prime and JSU.

He may end up at FSU one day as the head coach - until then he's demonstrating the pull he has in recruiting and in the transfer portal. Reckon those AFLAC commercials with The GOAT are paying off....

Coach Prime: "What I need to do to get one of them blue jackets?"

The GOAT: "You already know the answer to that."

Which is the proper way to feel about it and the proper reaction. I'm extremely pleased for Coach Prime and JSU.

He may end up at FSU one day as the head coach - until then he's demonstrating the pull he has in recruiting and in the transfer portal. Reckon those AFLAC commercials with The GOAT are paying off....

Goats, Elephants.....what's next Noah's Ark? /s

Sanders will bring that kid with him to FSU when the Noles athletic department grows tired of Norville. 4.......3........2.........

Agreed. Great pull and it shows NIL can be a difference maker. Granted, I don't think this happens without the partnership of Barstool and Prime, but it's still a seismic shift that validates the NCAA is continuing to lose their power. And that is without a doubt the best part of the NIL era in my eyes so far.

Portnoy playing chess for fun just adds to it.

Let's ne honest. Hunter would have been nice, but a CB isn't bringing a Natty. Yes bringing him in would have been a great feather in the cap, but unless you have a QB that can play at an elite college level you are still just floundering in the mud. FSU does not have that at the moment.

In today's college football FSU is not going to be able to compete year in and year out with the big boys as long as they stay in the ACC. They don't have the depth of boosters that the Blue Blood schools have and the ACC payout compared to the SEC and even Big Ten doesn't allow you to keep up with the Jones's. The FOF has been in the plans for 5 years and there is still only a drawing. UF is under construction on theirs now.

IMO what we saw yesterday is that a school's NIL coordinator may be the most important person in college recruiting going forward. Prime is a spotlight personality. Not sure how good of a coach he is yet, but his personality is larger than life. Barstool Sports is betting that his ability allows him to move to a top school soon. That $1.5m they signed Hunter for has already paid for itself in the advertising budget. Barstool Sports was all over the media yesterday. If you watch, read, or listen to sports media you heard about Barstool Sports. The NIL is a whole new ball game, and the quicker these teams get up to speed and learn how to use it the quicker they can be on top. I mean heck, the boosters for Texas formed a group called "The Pancake Factory" and that group pays the entire offensive line $50k each annually.

College football (and soon to be basketball) is now officially a pro sport. The transfer portal players are basically free agents. It's a whole new world out there now. I am not salty at Prime. He's a coach and trying to get the best players for his school, and he landed the top rated player with the use of the NIL. Good for him. As a Nole fan it sucks to be the brunt of jokes, but all good, we'll either learn from this or we wont. I'm not as upset about losing Hunter as I am about losing Jones Jr. Hate to see a legacy player go elsewhere, especially when his dad was such a good player and represents the program so well.

Yep, the NIL has changed things now, might as well bring agents in on the staff as your NIL coordinator.

Let's ne honest. Hunter would have been nice, but a CB isn't bringing a Natty. Yes bringing him in would have been a great feather in the cap, but unless you have a QB that can play at an elite college level you are still just floundering in the mud. FSU does not have that at the moment.

In today's college football FSU is not going to be able to compete year in and year out with the big boys as long as they stay in the ACC. They don't have the depth of boosters that the Blue Blood schools have and the ACC payout compared to the SEC and even Big Ten doesn't allow you to keep up with the Jones's. The FOF has been in the plans for 5 years and there is still only a drawing. UF is under construction on theirs now.

IMO what we saw yesterday is that a school's NIL coordinator may be the most important person in college recruiting going forward. Prime is a spotlight personality. Not sure how good of a coach he is yet, but his personality is larger than life. Barstool Sports is betting that his ability allows him to move to a top school soon. That $1.5m they signed Hunter for has already paid for itself in the advertising budget. Barstool Sports was all over the media yesterday. If you watch, read, or listen to sports media you heard about Barstool Sports. The NIL is a whole new ball game, and the quicker these teams get up to speed and learn how to use it the quicker they can be on top. I mean heck, the boosters for Texas formed a group called "The Pancake Factory" and that group pays the entire offensive line $50k each annually.

College football (and soon to be basketball) is now officially a pro sport. The transfer portal players are basically free agents. It's a whole new world out there now. I am not salty at Prime. He's a coach and trying to get the best players for his school, and he landed the top rated player with the use of the NIL. Good for him. As a Nole fan it sucks to be the brunt of jokes, but all good, we'll either learn from this or we wont. I'm not as upset about losing Hunter as I am about losing Jones Jr. Hate to see a legacy player go elsewhere, especially when his dad was such a good player and represents the program so well.

Yep, the NIL has changed things now, might as well bring agents in on the staff as your NIL coordinator.

It's going to be tough considering NIL deals are illegal in Florida....

But with that said, we still have the 13th ranked class in the Nation, even while losing the top recruit. The #2 overall offensive lineman and about 4 other really good lineman prospects, which is huge. We can go out in the transfer portal and bring some weapons in. We will be fine. We are fighting an uphill battle, but hopefully they push through it.

You also have to keep in mind there's a very rich culture in the SWAC that goes back 100 years and it's about more than just the football game. Things like that also appeal to some kids as much as the NIL deals and a legend like Coach Prime.

A kid like Hunter can go to JSU (home of Walter Payton, Jackie Slater, etc.) and play in front of larger crowds than he can most places in the ACC. Clemson, Florida St. and Virginia Tech are the only 3 teams in the ACC that can compete with playing in front of 60,000+ at JSU. There are very few atmospheres in any sport at any level that compete with SWAC football Saturdays.

It's going to be tough considering NIL deals are illegal in Florida....

But with that said, we still have the 13th ranked class in the Nation, even while losing the top recruit. The #2 overall offensive lineman and about 4 other really good lineman prospects, which is huge. We can go out in the transfer portal and bring some weapons in. We will be fine. We are fighting an uphill battle, but hopefully they push through it.

As I said this, apparently Florida passed a law opening it up to NIL's lol. They must of saw the writing on the wall. Good news for Florida schools.

As I said this, apparently Florida passed a law opening it up to NIL's lol. They must of saw the writing on the wall. Good news for Florida schools.
I have heard there have been several congressmen across the country proposing legislature to get a grip on this. The NCAA is going to need to figure something out, this is the first recruiting cycle with the NIL, it's gonna be the Wild West.

I have heard there have been several congressmen across the country proposing legislature to get a grip on this. The NCAA is going to need to figure something out, this is the first recruiting cycle with the NIL, it's gonna be the Wild West.

NCAA is irrelevant and have no teeth. That’s the entire point of NIL to begin with. The Supreme Court already ruled that the NCAA’s rules were a violation of student athlete rights.

Legislation to get a grip on it should’ve been done before the states allowed it. You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube.

You have a faction of people out there that wanted college football to be like the NFL. Now it’s just total carnage.

Young people are allowed to make money now. They’re also allowed to lose it and make dumb decisions now that impact their future with impunity.

This was Pandora’s box and they opened it. Like Saban said over and over again, “Is this really what we want college athletics to be?”

Well ok. If that’s how you want it.

Back
Top Bottom